Zebra Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Just 2 phone interviews, one with the HR and the other with the hiring manager. It was for the Emerging Technologies Office with very few people on the project, and hence the process was fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• A lot of basic questions about Android SDK and Agile development methodologies. I was also asked to describe the projects I had listed on my resume.

The HR asked me to provide her a short introduction about myself, and about my general knowledge regarding the company.
      Answer Question

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies.

Interview

12 Years Experience in Oracle Applications as a Techno Functional consultant with good knowledge in coding and testing of software applications, and in-depth knowledge in Oracle Application 11i/R12(12.0.6,12.1.1,12.1.3), Framework9i, OAF, ADF, SOA, XML/ BI Publisher, Discoverer10g, Oracle9i/10g/11g, Forms6i/10g, Reports6i/ 10g, Oracle Alerts, Oracle J-developer(10g), Oracle Applications, Workflow Builder2.6, PL/SQL, Triggers, Agile Scrum, CRM

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was two phone interviews and one on site technical interview. Very easy and helpful. They respond to questions very fast and want to help you. There's no HR involved in the hiring which is very nice.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

About 1 hour long phone screen with questions about technical background etc Code challenge (1-2 hours ) and final on-site set of interviews with team members.
    No technical issues whatsoever - no offer though due to a position mismatch.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions - looks like the coding challenge is the deciding factor in terms of technical backgrounds/   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Was brought in to meet with the hiring manager and rest of team after a long delay between the initial phone interviews. The process went fairly well as I enjoyed meeting with everyone involved in the process. I was a bit taken back when the hiring manager took a piece of gum out of his mouth in mid-interview and rolled it up into the paper he was taking notes with. It has been several months now and have not heard any feedback whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• To provide a case study of a similar situation that the company/team was currently facing.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies.

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted via e-mail re: another position that may be a better fit and they requested times I would be available for a phone interview. After initial e-mail with various times given, I was asked to narrow it down to a specific time slot which I did. Sat for over an hour at my computer with my phone next to me but I was never called. No call, no e-mail, nothing, they just blew off the interview.

Interview Questions

• never got that far. Interviewer/recruiter never called at scheduled time.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

After applied for the position. Had a phone interview with the manager. After couple of days was called in for face to face interview with other manager. After arriving at the location, receptionist called and let him know about the interview. Was told he is running 15 minutes late. The manager who was going to interview came to receive me after 45 minutes of scheduled time. He was accompanied by another Indian origin manager. Interview was straightforward, lasted about 30 minutes. After 2 days received positive feedback from the manager to whom I was supposed to be reporting and asked to wait for offer letter and my start date from his manager. After few days was told I didn't meet all the qualities as they have been referred another candidate. Moreover this was conveyed from the manager after multiple calls and emails as he was not answering or replying.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Bentonville, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

I sent an email to an address posted outside of my local Zebra facility, was contacted through email as a response and then led on a tour of the facility where we discussed each of the departments to see if I would be a good fit. I professed that I would be happiest and most able in either shipping or data entry and was placed in shipping.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what position you applied for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Lincolnshire, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiting firm. Was asked to come in for interview within the week. Met with a Sr. Project manager who did not have any interaction with "the girls in the position." Arrived 10 minutes early for my interview on a Friday afternoon. Was told to electronically sign in and would be met by the interviewer. Waited for a few minutes, Mark came to retrieve me. First question was whether or not I need to use the "ladies' room." When I said no, he asked me if I was sure. He had not read my resume and asked me if I had only worked for nonprofits. He told me he thought my master's was a throwaway degree. He answered some emails while I was speaking and told me to just keep talking. I've worked in nonprofits for over 8 years and he told me he thinks of nonprofits as the TV show Parks and Recreation where everyone screws around and nobody does any actual work. "It seems like you have a volunteer mentality and don't care about working."

Was called back for a second interview and was told the first interview was a test. Second interview was scheduled for 12-12:30 with the department director. He was 10 minutes late, nobody could get a hold of him. Second interview was scheduled for 12:30-1, but the interviewer's blood sugar was crashing so he decided to eat instead and told me to sit in an empty office and play angry birds. Next interview, they told me to call the person interviewing me, so I called him and we spoke for 15 minutes. Afterwards, I went to the office of the final interview and he was on his phone. He put a finger up to me and shut the door. After 10 minutes, he came and got me, told me that they would follow up and that they weren't actually sure what position they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• Do you need to use the ladies' room? Are you sure you don't need to use the ladies' room?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

4 interviews back to back. Resume questions and basic digital circuit questions asked about my projects. Gave me a hypothetical problem regarding a circuit and asked about test cases. Told me that they will contact me soon but the didn't contact me for entire month and finally after repeated mails confirmed that I was rejected.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Lincolnshire, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

First phone call from recruiter and then a thirty minutes phone interview with Tax team hiring manager. The interview was pretty easy, just basic questions. But ended up getting no further interviews.