Zebra Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Zebra Technologies CEO and Director Anders Gustafsson
Anders Gustafsson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It is a family friendly culture with good work life balance" (in 39 reviews)

• "Also you can find a great work environment" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "we have to manage our work life balance" (in 13 reviews)

• "Become too big so full of politics, nepotism, us and them mentality with acquisition of motorola, disconnect between business european needs and US HQ" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, WI

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time

Pros

Benefits, flexible hours, and great team to work with.

Cons

Advancement is limited for production due to its size.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, so we can create more positions and more opportunities to advance.

Zebra Technologies Response

Apr 30, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Operations Mgr

Growth is essential for Zebra Nation. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate our employees letting us know what is working and where we have opportunities. It takes people like you to be... More

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Holtsville, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Holtsville, NY

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company is doing great and provides profit sharing
    Strong focus on culture and employee satisfaction
    Challenging, fast paced work
    Wonderful set of co-workers from peers to senior leadership
    Competitive salary/benefits
    Understands work/life balance
    In-Building staffed gym w showers/lockers
    4 volunteer paid time off days - Zebra is very committed to service and the communities it operates in and there are always opportunities to get involved

Cons

Much like every organization, lots of politics
    Growth opportunities are available, but need to be sought out

Advice to Management

Things are great, you are doing the right things...just don't stop. The teams are eager to grow and learn and we need to re-institute learning programs/opportunities in house as well as put programs in place to help re-enforce culture change.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Administrative in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation, Incentive plan, Time off

Cons

Long work day, communication between departments

Advice to Management

Communicate between department, what one department does has either a direct or indirect affect on another department.

"Too snobby"

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time

Pros

Clean office, work spaces and meeting rooms.

Cons

Many of the managers are extremely snobby and too concerned over minimal budgets. Yet, paying for excessive lunches and meals on a regular basis is more important than keeping employees happy.

5. "Good upside to grow channel sales, innovative product line ready to take market share"

Current Employee - Channel
    Current Employee - Channel

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall good work culture - it's a mature culture. While not vibrant and energized like many tech companies, every one at Zebra overall is kind, supportive and helpful. It is a family friendly culture with good work life balance. Zebra is becoming more open to suggestions and often, although sometimes overkill with too many meetings, they do take the time to ask for feedback and evaluate what can be improved upon. Might be slow to make improvements, but at least employees recommendations are acknowledged and thoughtfully, taken into consideration. For sales, quota is not extreme and overall fair when compared to other sales companies. Although a bit tight-lipped on budget for sales initiatives, they have become more flexible while still being fiscally responsible. Competitive benefits and good sales incentives for top performance. Above all, innovative company with room for improvement but a lot of upside for years to come.

Cons

While behind the curve in being channel friendly for partners, there is still a ton of upside in growing the partner community as Zebra has a highly desirable product line. There is still a big learning curve in how to develop the channel which can make basic industry practices more time consuming due to company's inexperience in having set Channel practices in place. I will give credit that there is effort and open communication in how to improve our program. However; if you really want to accelerate your career in sales at Zebra, which you absolutely can, you will need to be highly self-motivated to learn the breadth of the portfolio and not get stuck on company issues/politics they are in the process of resolving. I think a lot of these cons come from a couple things 1.) they don't recruit enough from the channel; without channel experience they often lose sight in how we can be more competitive and easier for partners to work with because there is no previous experience to be empathetic with the channels needs 2.) they don't tend to hire younger talent - the majority of employees have been in this industry 20-30 years, if they want to continue to accelerate in tech, they need to start opening more opportunities for younger talent to come in, from the channel, to provide fresh perspective.

Advice to Management

Continue to be involved and I challenge you to meet with partners who are not your top 10 to really understand how the partner community engages with competitors and other product lines within the channel. You will not get fresh perspective until you hear from potential prospects what their challenges are; do not be afraid to ask the hard questions. This is not a negative approach, this an approach to take a step in the right direction.

"Time for a change"

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time

Pros

Zebra makes some good printers and products.
    People are very dedicated, even if ideas are old and stale.

Cons

It’s time to change the leadership. It’s an old, male, white boys club. Women are not respected, especially women with opinions. We are told to not make waves and be quiet. Men who are rude and offensive somehow are promoted. There are some good, friendly people, but definitely rotten apples are spoiling the bunch.

Plus, Zebra is slow to develop new products to meet customer needs.

Advice to Management

It’s time for a shake up in leadership. The commitment to diversity and empowering women should NEVER include an exercise class as an idea to bond.

7. "Good"

Pros

Pay, work life balance, social atmosphere

Cons

Honestly have nothing bad to say. I love it there

8. "Zebra, a great jumping off point!"

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Buffalo Grove, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Room for promotion. Lot of opportunity to move up in the company. Always faced with new projects. Entry level jobs are easy to obtain.

Cons

If you do below the bare minimum, expect to have someone on your back. Most technicians have productivity goals to maintain. Some of these technicians only care about their productivity and might seem a bit cold.

Advice to Management

Make sure to set line leads! They offer a lot of support to the other technicians! It is a lot easier to get help with a problem, when you know who to go to.

9. "Zebra Technologies - Firmware Engineer"

Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment. Good benefit package. Opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Location. Great, beautiful spot, but distant from more affordable housing.

10. "IT PMO Fail"

Pros

Great benefits, new building, some excellent engineers and business units.

Cons

IT PMO management maintains a sweatshop mentality. Senior manager holds PMs accountable for failing projects even if resource constraints are not resolved or even adequately provided. Tough place for PM’s and a temporary resolve is to sugar coat progress reports or play merry go round w projects and keep handing off. Others enter the dangerous territory in acting as technical leads in order to progress. However if a decision falters, you’re back to being accountable without support from other leaders aware of your decision. Dangerous cycle for PM’s. Suggest last resort for any inbound hires. Unfortunately IT is a step child in this organization pushed around by other business units.

Advice to Management

Have the CIO report to the CEO and not sit at the CFO’s kids table.