Zellers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zellers Interview Questions

Interviews at Zellers

2.0

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lindsay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zellers (Lindsay, ON (Canada)) in September 2008.

Interview

the interview was one on one with a human resource person, then a short phone interview

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zellers in February 2010.

Interview

Strong interview. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you positively and significantly impacted results.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zellers (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

-Phone interview (confirming your personal and past work info and schedule an in person interview)
    -One on one interview (asking about your experience, how and what you would do in certain situations *a third meeting was asked to be scheduled to bring in references and other documents but I came prepared so it wasn't needed)

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the company if you were employed?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zellers (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

submitted resume in person at customer service desk. Got called by HR manager within a few days, did short over the phone interview. In person interview set up for a couple days after. Went in and filled out an application while waiting for manager, then brought back to her office, met HR manager, and had interview. Manager was very friendly and personable, asking about school and future aspirations. Interview was formal but still laid back. Was hired on the spot and brought in for orientation a week later.

Interview Questions

• If there was a spill on the ground that posed a health and safety risk but you are dealing with a customer, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zellers (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Apply then come in for one interview

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zellers.

Interview

- pleasant interview experience
    - questions were not difficult at all
    - they hired 5 other people at that time

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zellers (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2008.

Interview

I got a call from H.R. department and she called me for an interview. Interview was pretty easy, she just asked me question about what is my experience and my major in studies. And that's it i got hired.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zellers (Niagara, BC (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

they hired me on the spot after a short lame interview with the manager and another manager also, they didnt ask alot of quesitons just wanted a quick hire to be easilty replacable

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zellers (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

one interview with human resources with basic questions and some basic math testing. interview lasted about 30 minutes the hr was very friendly. they told you about the company and specified what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here, what is customer service   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zellers in June 2007.

Interview

There was a good deal of misrepresentation, I applied for a POS (point of sale) maintenance position and wasn't told until I got into the interview that the job they had in mind was setting up planograms. The questions asked were rather standard with a focus on any previous retail experience and how one would service a customer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   1 Answer