Zirtual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zirtual

Sort:

VA Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zirtual.

Interview

None. I applied and was told "we do not have an appropriate position for you at this time" through email the same day. There was the perfect position for me in my state, but it wasn't appropriate for me? I didn't appreciate how cookie cutter the response was when you don't get the position. There should be some feedback as to why. I received an academic full ride scholarship/degree to a university majoring in Business Administration and have all the necessary experience and then some. I have worked virtually before, and have worked in HR, Accounting, Payroll and as an Executive Assistant. I may be overqualified, but I'm planning to get married and start a family. This job would have been perfect for me. Zirtual I wish you would have taken the time to truly consider me. For those reading this with extensive experience, you may want to dumb down your resume.

Interview Questions

• It was an abrupt turn down and I didn't get an interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zirtual (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I got an email the day after I applied and setup a google hangouts interview for the next day. The interview started on time and lasted for about 20 minutes. It was very relaxed and I was able to get a good feel for the company and how they operated. I wasn't asked any of your typical interview questions, which was nice. She instead tried to really get to know me through conversation. That was on a Thursday and I was told I would get a response at the beginning of the following week. By Monday afternoon I was given the offer to work for Zirtual and I accepted. Very pleased with the ease of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and how that would help me become a virtual assistant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zirtual (Remote, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard I guess. During the process however, you do get the feeling that they are a bit.... on edge... almost antsy? I know right. You'd think the shoe would be on the other foot! Half of the interview was the interviewer explain how they fired 400 people all at once on a very short notice ( hmm comforting) and why that had happened and how they lost a lot business and how they now have a new manager. Translation: we're still getting off the ground and we need no risk hires. Meaning: Expert level , highly Certified, Customer service prodigies, across the board stars type individuals please we need you because another scandal might send them off the deep end.
     So good luck & don't be nervous! Its a hit or miss type interview.

Virtual Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zirtual in March 2015.

Interview

The company uses a simple, yet very efficient interview process. Having a background in HR myself, I think their pre-screening process is great. You are required to answer questions about yourself and reasons you're interested in the company. You then receive several mock tasks to complete using Google Apps. If you satisfactorily complete the tasks, you're invited to schedule an interview conducted via video conference.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zirtual (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Lengthy and slow. The process wasn't too bad overall, but it did take a while to land an interview. Once the interview happened, things happened much faster. I was training fairly quickly after accepting the position. The training process was terrible. Run by a guy who had no clue what he was doing in regards to training and didn't prepare me at all for working as a Virtual Assistant.

Interview Questions

• They asked about interest in moving up the ladder at Zirtual   1 Answer

Virtual Assistant Interview

Interview

It was long winded interview process with many hoops to jump through which was not worth the demands of the job. If you need a job and have no where else to turn, go for it but do not expect virtual to mean flexible or enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• (As if a client was calling in) "Hi, I'm Mr. Blah Blah Blah, and this happened and I am very angry..."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zirtual (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process begins with a series of tests to ascertain your attention to detail and technical knowledge. If you pass those they might give you an interview. It is actually a pretty good vetting process. In the actual virtual interview they were very cheery and make you feel incredibly welcome. Something they literally say to everyone: "it's so great to have a job where you can throw a couple loads of laundry in midday if you need to." Problem is later on upper level management used that exact same line to say the opposite when people complained about a lack of flexibility. She said, "I mean, can you throw laundry in in the middle of the day? No. But you get to work from home." Two completely contradictory statements, one heard before hire, and one heard months later.

Interview Questions

• Look up ideal flights for a trip. And in the actual interview they ask why you want to be a VA.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zirtual (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

The online and pre-interview process was well laid out and straight forward. As a former corporate manage I appreciated it. My challenge came with the 1:1 video conference interview. I was very excited to interview with this company after reading their mission, vision and goals on their website. They stressed relationship and people in all areas. However, once I got to the 1:1 part of the process, I was not impressed. First, their 1:1 interview is 20 minute time slots with NO overage. My interview time was impinged on by delay then technical issues from my interviewer. Once we got started she was very nice until I began asking some questions about work logistics and the company. Then she seems a bit put off. Finally, even though my interview didn't start until about 10 minutes late, at the end of my 20 minute time slot she ended the interview and that was it. By this time I had decided that I wasn't interested in working for them, which I indicated, so no surprise that I was not offered a position. However, after such a major stress about being people driven I was sent a standard form letter style email. Not super impressed overall.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all standard experience history, strength, weakness, and why do you want to work with us type   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zirtual (Remote, OR).

Interview

Sample tasks, skype interviews and other tests. The process spanned over a couple months. After getting my sample tasks approved I was sent a link to schedule my interview which was about 6 weeks away. They require a lot of your time during hiring.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall but the sample tasks were very time consuming.   Answer Question

Zirtual Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zirtual (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The Zirtual process is incredibly lengthy - it involves 5 or 6 rounds of taskwork, interviewing and applications. However, this process really does end up filtering our community into the best of the best candidates out there. Currently they hire less than 1% of all applicants. The joy in this though is that then as a ZA you can depend upon every single other person you work for doing just as well as you in the position. For instance, if you have to transfer a client of yours, you know they'll be taken care of.

Interview Questions

• What would the one person in the world who likes you *least* say about you?   Answer Question