Zoosk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zoosk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zoosk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was good and Good team. There were some designing, algorithm questions. Everyone is friendly helping during the interview.
    I haven't heard back from the hr or recruiter after interview. Never got any reply back for any message I left.

Zoosk Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Sr. Recruiter

Thanks for your review. I'm glad that most of the interview process was a good experience for you. I'm not aware of a candidate not receiving post-interview feedback. As this is a personal... More

Software Engineer (Javascript) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zoosk.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview round for an hour for Software Engineer - JavaScript. The HR Recruiter had asked to have a laptop for the interview. The interviewer asked to share screen on collabedit and write some basic code snippets like object defination for a student, inner function/ closure

Interview Questions

• Write a function which prints Hello World every 3rd time you call it. Difference between get & post. Describes use of Cookies.   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Android Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zoosk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The whole hiring process took around a month. I had a small follow up email, two rounds of technical phone interviews and finally an onsite interview at San Francisco. The interview process was very fast and it was one of the best interview experience I had so far. The interviews were mainly focused on how you approach and solve certain problem. The environment was welcoming and all the interviewers were nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Code review session. I was given a code snippet and was asked to find the problems in the code.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zoosk.

Interview

Initial phone screening, to second phone screening. The initial was basic questions to see and the second was with head of CS. Interview was very basic and nothing that could not have been handled in person. The head also gave details into previous mistakes of company and was very transparent on what they have done wrong but not what they plan to do right. Though the interview lasted a while I was not a candidate to move forward. When I contacted the recruiter for contact information for a thank you email I was hit with the generic you are not moving on do not reply email.

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zoosk (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

There were two phone screen interviews. Both of them were super easy. And my interviewers are very nice, but everything changed on the onsite one. They did not inform the building guard the day I arrived which kept me waiting in the front door for 40 mins until a zoosk guy showed up. And it was supposed to be a 4-round interview on that day. However, two interviewers did not come to the company. Therefore, one round is canceled and another one is interviewed by a guy who only interviews with senior level iOS developpers(I applied for junior level android developer). For the third and also the final round, two interviewers showed up. One of them is definitely lacking of basic engineer's properties. He asked me to find a target integer in a random integer array, so I return a list of indices of that target integer among that array. And he said "Why do you give me index, shouldn't you return that target integer?", which of course is a big shock to me. The other interviewer by his side felt very embarrassed and quickly said "The target integer is the input." And after few rounds of explanation. he FINALLY realized his fault. How can an engineer like him get into zoosk?

Interview Questions

• Design a checker game and based on that game design a chess game along with a hint feature(only class structure and data structure needed).   1 Answer
    • Find the angle between hour hand and the minute hand on a clock.   1 Answer
    • Find if you can insert a new time slot in a list of sorted non-overlapping time slots without any overlapping.   1 Answer
    • Find a target integer in a random array. What's its run time? What if the array is sorted?   1 Answer

Quality Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zoosk in August 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview after a few days I applied for the position. The recruiter called me for a phone interview. The recruiter insisted she will be calling back and will have an update some time next week. I've emailed the recruiter for a follow up and no response back. It has been almost 3 weeks and nothing. Next time follow throught and at least give a candidate an update instead of wasting there time wondering.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zoosk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a great interview experience. The recruiter reached out to me and I came in for an in-person interview two days later. I was a bit hesitant at first because I was interviewing for a role a bit out of my comfort zone, but the recruiter was helpful and took the time to help me prepare. The interview itself was laid back, yet straightforward. This is one of few interviews I’ve actually enjoyed--it felt more like a conversation rather than an interrogation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zoosk (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Process was orderly at first, slowly slacking off towards end, you need to check back with them to find out whats next or else... 1st phone: background and experience, they're curious about details to see how competitive you are (ie. how many other companies are after you, so if you're not...). 2nd and 3rd phone: technical guys, online code tests, quite incessant over-the-shoulder. Then finally in-person. What I saw left were egos, reviewers are mostly right, death rattle. Great practice run though!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoosk in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a technical recruiter from Zoosk and my interview was scheduled. I really took the efforts to understand zoosk culture and even bought a subscription plan for their dating app so that I could understand the product more. But then, just 5 minutes before the interview I get a call from the recruiter that my interviewer is sick and the interview needs to be postponed. We schedule it for another day. On the same day, I receive an email just an hour before the interview thanking me for letting zoosk know about my skills and background during the interview. Technically the interview never happened. When I reached out to the recruiter, the recruiter said that the position was filled. I was initially sad about the lost opportunity but then I read about its reviews on glassdoor about working at zoosk and to my surprise I actually felt a lot better since the reviews are so bad...There are hardly any good reviews about working at zoosk. Please do read them.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zoosk (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Got referral to this position from a friend of a friend. Two phone screens with two different department heads including the hiring manager, who was the friendliest person you could hope to meet. General questions about PM skills and area experience. Was then flown out for an on-site interview with four people: the two who had phone-screened me plus a department head and someone from R&D. Interviews were chatty and lovely and I felt totally at ease. My only regret was that the final decision didn't go my way, because they decided not to hire for the position at all in the end.

Interview Questions

• Have you used our app? What did you think? How does it compare to others of its type?   Answer Question