Zoran Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zoran Interview Questions

3.1

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zoran (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Hiring manager came up with a 5-6 question test covering various topics/classes listed on my resume (programming questions, EE theory, etc). Asked how long it would take and then gave me 75% of my time estimate to complete as much as possible. After the written portion I had multiple in person one-on-one interviews from various levels of employees.

Design Verication Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zoran (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager waffled a lot in setting up interview and was late for my appointment. I spent a while in the lobby. Interview was just with the hiring manager and consisted of a lot of questions regarding my background, Perl scripts, make files, C code. He asked a few technical questions, which were more like puzzles than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given 3 consective numbers, the biggest and smallest are primes. Prove the number in the middle is divisible by 6.   3 Answers
    • How do I convert 8300 to hex?   1 Answer
    • You are given a C function Rand5() which returns a uniform distribution of a random number between 1 & 5. Using this function, create a function Rand7() which returns a uniform distribution of a random number between 1 & 7.   1 Answer

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoran (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. That consisted of an explanation of the position and questions about my background and goals, but no technical questions. Then came two rounds of on-site interviews, each about 4 hours long. The first interviews were with the hiring manager and some of his team, and the second round was with people higher up in the company. Both rounds involved technical and non-technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the five stages of a classic RISC pipeline?   2 Answers
    • Write the base-11 representation of the decimal number 175.   4 Answers
    • You have 2 pieces of rope, each of which burns from one end to the other in 30 minutes (no matter which end is lit). If different pieces touch, the flame will transfer from one to the other. You cannot assume any rope properties that were not stated. Given only 1 match, can you time 45 minutes?   49 Answers
    • How would you implement a full-adder, both with and without carry-in?   1 Answer

Can't Say Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zoran (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The entire process lasted a long time. 5 weeks from application to offer. Looked like they were not sure on what the exact role would be. Might be because the hiring manager and the department manager has different roles in mind.

Interview Questions

• What have you done yourself..... this was the basic theme. They liked the "I' answer over the "we"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zoran (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

becomes the last character of the file and so on)

Input: The program takes the file name whose content should be reversed.

Output: The program reverses the contents of the file.

Interview Questions

• Write a program which accepts a filename as a command line argument and reverses the contents of the file( ie first character

becomes the last character of the file and so on)

Input: The program takes the file name whose content should be reversed.

Output: The program reverses the contents of the file.
      1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zoran (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Questions on operating systems, mutex, semaphores

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoran (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

very fast recruiting decisions are made...but there are 2 -3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• How will manage the 2 caches when there is a DMA request to main memory?   Answer Question
    • You are receiving a bit stream in block sizes=1 byte. Our data is marked by starting 4 bytes = 'AA BB CC DD' but there could 0-32 bits of noise before it and the whole stream could be shifted right by that many places. How do you extract the data you want?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not there yet.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zoran in June 2009.

Interview

Interviewed by technical staff. Asked the standard question: "Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?". Knowledgeable interviewer in the engineering industry. Did not pass interview because did not meet enough of the requirements that they were looking for. Very nice personality.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with operating systems and compilers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zoran (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

recruiter
    phone interview
    two round interviews
    skills test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoran in June 2007.

Interview

Series of 1 on 1 interviews; some basic math questions, digital circuit design questions (setup and hold, combinational logic). Less discusion of experience than in other inverviews (though this could have been specific to the people I was talking to, and that I was a recent graduate).

Interview Questions

• Analise setup and hold in a 2 register pipeline, taking into account minimum and maximum setup/hold times, individual clock skew on each register, and combinational delay (minimum and maximum) between the registers   1 Answer