amNewYork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at amNewYork

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at amNewYork

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at amNewYork.

Interview

You email your resume and clips then get called in for the interview. They ask you if you are able to get credit and then talk about your past experiences and articles you have written

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at amNewYork (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Very brief, not to many hard questions, my brother works there so I was referred, they wanted to know if I was good with computers and if I had flexible hours. I was a college student so I fit the description

Interview Questions

• Are you good with computers   1 Answer

Features Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at amNewYork (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had four interviews – four – with five different people over a period of two weeks and then I was suddenly dropped. No one returned my emails...until over eight weeks later, I finally received a standard, non-descript email informing me that I'd been unsuccessful. Where I come from, that kind of thing doesn't happen and if you have that many interviews, chances are you'll be offered the role.

The first interview was at the end of January, 2016...and I've seen the same job role being advertised almost on a weekly basis with every single online job outlet, including LinkedIn, MediaBistro, Journalism.com and so on. I've just seen it advertised again on the ONA website – and this comment is being written on Glassdoor at the end of June.

Everyone seemed nice, despite the fact that I was seriously grilled by some very senior people who I thought really wouldn't have/didn't need to have an involvement with this role.

It was all very bizarre really. I've since heard that the parent company Newsday is very particular about the people they hire...but this seems a tad ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• I was just asked primarily about my experience and what I'd bring to the role.   Answer Question