comiXology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at comiXology

4.0

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at comiXology (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

In depth process. Phone screen with recruiter (internal - not an agency). Coding exercise and 2 in person interviews. In total I met with 6 people

Interview Questions

• How I can solve x problem that they are facing and they themselves are stumped by   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at comiXology.

Interview

Great. The internal recruiter is friendly, responsive and thoughtful. She sought me out without being salesy or pushy. Although I was not offered the position I enjoyed the interview process on all fronts.

Interview Questions

• Put on the spot to whiteboard and partner with developers.   Answer Question

Web Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at comiXology in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in Amazon site.
    2 Technical Phone Interview - I was asked to write code for certain question.
    First Interview was with Front end developer.
    Second Interview was with Lead Developer.
    Both interviews lasted for an hour.
    They never contacted me after the interview.
    In both interview they asked me use a web sharing site to write codes.

Interview Questions

• Question about Javascript Functions
      Question to write a Function to print alternate numbers in an array which is a odd number.
      Question to write CSS classes.
      Behavioral Questions.
      Questions about previous job   Answer Question

Senior Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at comiXology in July 2016.

Interview

I got an email from the Amazon HR to know about my skills and have a quick discussion about the opportunity.
    The interview process was spread over 3 weeks for just 2 calls which is a lot of waiting..

One setting up some time, the HR went through the resume and asked general questions. At the end of the call, the HR asked me if I would be willing to answer a couple of technical questions. I said yes sure and she asked me about basic data structures.
    She told me to brush up on DS and algorithms.
    After 1 week, I got another email from the hiring team HR and she asked for 5 different time slots to setup a technical discussion.
    I had a call with the Technical manager and he explained about the company, team size and his requirement. The upon clearing the basic Android questions, I was given a code writing challenge with the coin problem question. After a bit of hint, I was able to complete it. But the interviewer was expecting an answer as I've just graduated from College.

Accountant SFA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at comiXology in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is unlike any I have seen in my entire career. First I had a telephone interview with the HR Manager who told me that I should become familiar with the "Amazon Core Principles" after this call I was scheduled to meet with the VP who I would be directly working for and that interview went well. I was then scheduled to come in for in person interviews, in the interview process I had to interview with 6 people (4 in person, 2 over the phone). In every interview the questions were repetitive because they follow the14 principles in seeing how you would do. I was completely burned out by the last interview and wasn't my sharpest. My phone interviews I had the next day, I was going on vacation and I had to interview over the phone, again they asked the same repetitive questions yet again. In hindsight I am happy I did not get the position, the atmosphere was not friendly and I felt tension in the air.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at comiXology (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

An initial phone screen, led to an in person one on one. Then following-shortly they called back for another in person with the leads of the dev team. It was a shorter interview process than most, with a quick turn-around. Not to mention their team is super sharp.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to automate the current application? It is an IOS, Windows, and Android application.   Answer Question