eQ Technologic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at eQ Technologic

3.1

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eQ Technologic (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

So I worked with a recruiter who after sending in my resume got me a on site interview with a couple employees in their Costa Mesa Office. The interview was awesome. I really enjoyed seeing the beautiful office and meeting with the two employees. One employee went through my resume and asked me a couple easy technical questions. The next employee just wanted to get to know me. They said they would keep in touch. I was supposed to have a phone interview with another employee but my recruiter could not set up a specific time. So I was in the dark on when I would get a call. The call happened when I was out in public and it turned out to be a technical interview. Which I bombed. I made sure they knew my situation and would want to try again. Thankfully, I got another opportunity and they got me another scheduled in person technical interview, followed by another onsite interview which involved a bit of technical questions and then an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you use to combine two sql databases into one table?   1 Answer
    • Give a sql query that gives me the employee with the highest salary.   2 Answers
    • You got two gallon jugs of water. One holds 5 gallons and one holds 3 gallons. How do you get exactly 4 gallons of water?   2 Answers
    • Given an array which holds different integers, how would you find out what is the missing number from that array?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eQ Technologic in December 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a manager after a recruiter contacted me. The interview process went fairly well; however, the interviewer was about thirty minutes late. After the interview, I talked with another manager to discuss salary and potentially moving out to Irvine area.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of unordered numbers from 1 - 10 (or any other set of numbers), determine which number is missing.   1 Answer

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eQ Technologic (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

3 person interview. First round of interview was behavior based. Second round was technical based. Third interview was a wrap up and seeing if I fit in the interview. Overall the interview was great. Had no issues when I asked them questions, they responded well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eQ Technologic in November 2010.

Interview

At the time that I was hired, the interview process was pretty straight forward. I first had a phone interview with the Executive Vice President. As eQ was an organization with about 120 employees at the time (mostly overseas developers), the U.S. office was mainly supported by the E.V.P., who also served as the HR generalist. Next, I was interviewed by the hiring manager, who actually was a Director (now Sr. Director), followed by an interview with his boss, the Sr. Vice President and Chief Technology Officer.

The questions that I was asked were pretty straight-forward. The E.V.P. asked questions about previous employment and work history. The Director asked a few technical questions relating to software development and implementation, along with my willingness to learn new technologies and how easily I adapt to new environments. As there was a heavy travel component, I was asked about my ability to travel up to 100%, with some international travel for training and such. I met the CTO in person during Superbowl 45 weekend in Dallas during the ice storm. He asked some software development questions and some time complexity questions, but nothing that was out of the ordinary.

Because of the holiday season, I received a verbal offer about 2 months after initially interviewing over the phone with the E.V.P, followed by an offer letter about a day or 2 later. In all, the experience was not too bad.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. See above comments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not too bad. I made an offer and it was accepted without too much fan fare.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eQ Technologic (Pune (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

1) Aptitude Test
    It consist of 20 Questions of JAVA basics, 20 Questions of SQL basics, 10 Questions of Aptitude (Pipe and cistern, average, ratio, percentage)
    2) Technical Interview 1
    Consist of Basic OOPS concept
    3) Technical Interview 2 (With Director)
    Consist of Complex SQL queries and complex JAVA code.

Interview Questions

• In 1st technical they have just asked basic OOPS concept. like inheritance, abstraction, encapsulation, polymorphism and volatile keyword
      In 2nd Technical interview director asked me to solve most complex query. after that he has given me one JAVA problem statement which consist of use of many OOPS concept in one code. I have written code successfully.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eQ Technologic.

Interview

There were three rounds:
    1. Aptitute test - Java, SQL, Logical Reasoning.
    2. Technical interview- In-depth discussion about projects, Java coding problems, Designing database schema for given scenario and queries based on the same schema.
    3. Technical + HR (Final Round)- OOP, complex SQL queries, General HR questions.

There was elimination after every round.

Interview Questions

• Replace a given word from a sentence without using any in-built function in Java   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at eQ Technologic.

Interview

1) Aptitude and Coding round:
    Aptitude was all logic and some verbal questions.In Coding there was one tough and one easy code.
    2) Technical interview:
    Mostly CV related questions and basics of Java and CPP

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eQ Technologic (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment drive in our college. Criteria for B.E Computer students was 65% aggregate. There was no separate HR or GD round, there was only the Technical Interview, which doubled up as an HR round. First of all, our students were asked to enter their extra curricular activities and shortlisted accordingly. The shortlisted students were sent one by one to an interviewer who asked technical questions to them. If the need was felt for another round of interviewing, the students were asked to wait, else it was just that round itself.

I was shortlisted for personal interview. One of the first persons to give the interview, I had no knowledge of what was coming and unlike my other peers who were interviewed afterward,had no support from previous candidates. The interviewer asked me the classic "Tell me about yourself" in which I described my resume's each aspect and then a few of RDBMS, SQL, data structures and C. The interview lasted around 15 minutes and ended with another classic "Do you have any questions for me?" It was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• None too difficult as such, all basics were needed to be brushed up.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at eQ Technologic (Pune (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

No aptitude test and GD. Direct technical round for students above 6.8 cgpa. They tested C, C++ and java basics and algorithms.They also asked questions about projects. Few questions on OS. A lot on SQL and DBMS. They asked many questions on normalization and the queries for various scenarios. They asked few questions on semaphores and mutex too. Few regular HR questions - tell me about yourself, expectations from career, etc.

Interview Questions

• Things you hate the most and answer quickly without thinking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eQ Technologic (Pune (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

I was selected through the campus recruitment drive and unlike other companies,this one came with the tentative list of students they may probably want in the company and interviewed only those candidates

There were two Technical rounds which lasted between 30-45 minutes each

In the first interview i was asked to write algorithms/pseudo codes for various statements provided,they did not expect anyone to write the code.
    after that they also asked me to write lot of SQL queries providing scenarios
    (eg. Find the 2nd maximum entry in the array etc.)

In the second interview i was various questions on Data Structures and also some HR sort of questions.
    In the second interview they expected very detailed explanation of everything we had to say.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to design a Database schema and ask you to further normalize it,the catch being they try to pull your legs even when you are right,I guess they wanted to check whether we accidentally land up to the correct design.   Answer Question