iMatrix (California) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iMatrix (California) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2018

2.3

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

1 group, 1 with managers, 1 with VP of sales. They sell you a job that is nothing like the real job, They also make you answer about 10-15 questions after your interviews to make sure you can still prove yourself to the job.

Negotiation

nothing. they have everything set their ways and wont change anything

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iMatrix (California).

Interview

I was contacted via recruiting department for an interview. The email said that I would be meeting with the director of sales, however i showed up and had to listen to the directors sales pitch with 15 other applicants. It was a horrible waste of time and It would be nice for them to actually tell us that it would be a group presentation, not an interview. I believe I said two words the whole hour I was there, "Thank You". They said to email the recruiter if I'm still interested and then ill take a survey and possibly have the chance for an actual interview.

Interview Questions

• None, they just preached how the company doesn't care about this and that, and they only want hungry salespeople. This is OBVIOUS otherwise I wouldn't have applied for the position.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) in January 2015.

Interview

I was not informed prior, but showed up to participate in a group interview. The VP of Sales came in the room, gave a 40 minute presentation on the company, what different positions would look like, what their core goals and values are, and how a new hire would fit into their equation. If at the end of the presentation you wanted to move forward, you give your resume and information to one of the recruiters, and they send a follow-up e-mail with a survey about the presentation, which should be submitted by 9AM the following day. If your answers to the survey correlate with the ideal candidate they have in mind, they call you in for a 3rd interview.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter from the company asking to set up a time to talk. I agreed after looking over the website to an interview. A phone interview was set up via email for the next week.

I was expecting the person who had set up the interview to be the one I was interviewing. I was a little surprised to have someone else on the phone. That was fine, he introduced himself and we started the interview.

He stated the agenda of the call over the phone and we proceeded to do the interview. I could hear that I was on speaker as he started talking.

He gave me an overview of the company. Who they are, what they do and who they target. He then asked me if I had any experiencing with cold calling which I proceeded to say yest, I've been in the radio advertising business for over 8 years. Which he asked me then about a company that I hadn't worked for in over 6 years.

I felt that was a little odd and I wasn't sure if he even had my whole resume and even asked him if I should send him an updated copy. I could also hear shuffling of paperwork while on the phone.

I felt the interview was very clunky and I didn't really learn anything new. I had asked a couple of questions that he couldn't tell me the answer to since he was in sales himself.

All in all I felt the interview was a waste of time.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview with Director of Sales, which was followed by a short written exam that was emailed back to recruiter. Called back for final interview with panel of three sales managers

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Bring you in to meet the director of sales and have you fill out a questionnaire. If they like you then you interview with all the managers at once and wait for a call. They then do a background check and if everything comes out ok then you get a call back with your start date.

Interview Questions

• What happens if you fail at your duties?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iMatrix (California).

Interview

Group interview, manager interview, director interview, offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, there is a graduated salary for all sales reps , the real money is in the commission

Internet Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iMatrix (California).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted in the next 2-3 days to come in for for an "interview." The "interview" actually ended up being a group presentation to myself and 6 other individuals about the position. After the presentation I had a one-on-one interview with a team manager followed by 2 surveys that were emailed to me. The surveys included questions like "why you?" or "describe yourself in one word." After this I was asked to have a 1:1 interview with the VP of Sales but decided to pursue other options.

Interview Questions

• Convince me that you want to sit down in a cubicle all day, every day and make cold calls.   Answer Question

Did not think I would be a good fit with the company

Internet Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iMatrix (California).

Interview

Took about two weeks from start to finish, spoke with a recruiter then had additional interviews on site. Throughout the process they made it very clear what you are getting into and the details of the position. Interesting company, sounds exciting but just not right fit for me right now. They seem to be growing fast with lots of opportunities-great if you are looking to get into a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy a team atmosphere, are you a hard worked, drive and competitive. They look for a strong motor versus certain experience on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

following a presentation by the VP we met with all of the key players, HR, Head recruiter, VP, Trainer. It was laid back and very relaxed. that is the same culture as the company