iMatrix (California) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.2

Internet Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Large group mixer 15-35 people. They provide food and set up a presentation which goes about 10-15 minutes. Then they interview a few people at a time for 2x4 minute interviews with Senior members of each team. During that time the rest of the candidates socialize for a ~45 minutes with other employees to find out if A) you fit in with office vibe and energy and B) Find out more about what the day to day is like at iMatrix. I was one of the last candidates to be interviewed so by the time I got called in, all the other candidates had pretty much left. I was frustrated with the interview process because they give you BARELY enough time to answer 2 questions with each interviewer and then its over. Felt like I didn't get the opportunity to cover all of my bases and was very rushed. Next thing you know I got a call that they wanted to offer me the position. No second interview, no opportunity for me to get more information to find out if this would be a good fit for ME as much as it would be them. Also once I agreed to start the job, they pushed the start date back 2 weeks later than it was supposed to.
    Sloppy and not professional process, which I believe leads to such a high turnover rate inside of the first 6 months of hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome adversity? (This question is asked because they need people who can deal with consistent failure every day of work and not be overwhelmed. Looking for candidates who can "grind")   Answer Question

Junior SEO Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The process began with a phone interview with a company recruiter and the proceeded with an in person interview with the department's managers. The in-person interview was a combination of technical and logical questions. They also checked for the applicant's potential response to conflict with clients.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a business owner that our continuing services are worthwhile once they've secured a desirable SERP ranking?   Answer Question

Internet Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with an outside recruiter. He was great! He had set up an interview with iMatrix 2 days later. The position I held with my job at the time wasn't sales but I understood that. But for some reason, the 2 that interviewed me seemed like they couldn't wrap their minds around that. Throughout the interview, one of the interviewer just kept digging and digging into each bullet point on my resume. Let me remind you again that my previous position was not a sales position. I don't think either one of them asked me a question in regards to how and why I should be a part of the team. Or what would make me a good sales representative. Really no question in regards to the actual position I was applying for. Because of that, it completely threw me off during the interview when I was getting interrogated about my old job. They called my recruiter and said they were unsure of me and asked if I can do a phone interview. I declined since I didn't like the feeling I got during my first interview.

Web Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at iMatrix (California).

Interview

I Interview on 3/25 on Friday. The Interview went ok just alot of questions about you and a few HTML questions. After the Interview The Project Manager told me she would let me know Monday. On Monday I didn't get a Email so I sent her a email asking more about the company. On Tuesday, I had no email from the project manager so I called to recruiter to know what was going on with my status. The recruiter told me she didn't hear anything from the project manager and would call the project manager to get some information. Today Wednesday, I got a email from the recruiter telling me that the role had already been filled and I was no longer being considered. All in All, the project manager never even updated me on the position even though I sent her an email. If I hadn't reached out to the recruiter I would've been left in Limbo.

Interview Questions

• what is the html5 tag that supports video?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview with Director of Sales, which was followed by a short written exam that was emailed back to recruiter. Called back for final interview with panel of three sales managers

Windows/Network/Help Desk Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Tedious process that entailed, a phone interview with the in-house recruiter, an online test, another phone interview with the IT Group from LA office, an in-house interview with local managers (told it was business professional, so I wear a suit, but was interviewed by someone wearing a t-shirt), background investigation, interview of 3 business references, and a very intensive review of your work history (including attempting to call old managers from 20 years ago, from a job that has nothing to do with IT). Way too much for a Help Desk position.

Interview Questions

• If a manager and a regular worker were both experiencing an IT issue, who would you fix first?   1 Answer

Internet Sales and Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It started with an awkward and uncomfortable "mixer" with a bunch of other hopeful applicants, current employees and higher ups. Then you're sectioned off into small groups and taken to a conference room to "interview" for 15 minutes in rotation (5 min each) with 3 different people.

First round I was asked if I was comfortable with cold calling, which you have to be in sales. The guy didn't even look at my resume.
    second guy asked me the typical "tell me about yourself" question. He talked about himself a lot and told me that he works on the chiropractic team and "it's hard to sell to chiropractors because they're not educated, extremely bro-ish, and just not bright." We were quickly rushed to the next person, which was with a woman who asked about my experience, I only got through one of my job descriptions before we were being rushed to finish. She asked if I had any questions, which I did.. Once I told her that I did she told me to ask the recruiter on my way out.

I feel that this was a complete waste of time. It's more like a cattle-call than an interview. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer the traditional interview where I can learn about the position, talk about my experience and pick the employers brain about his/her view on the company/role.

The iMatrix team just wanted to finish the interview and they didn't care much about who they were talking with.

My advice, ALWAYS READ REVIEWS BEFORE INTERVIEWING.

Internet Consultant/Sales Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at iMatrix (California).

Interview

Very strange experience. I kept getting hints of red flags thoughout the entire process. First red flag was I feel as if the person I talked to and set up the interview with had no idea how the actual interview process went, so this hinted possible unorganization or miscommunication within the company. During the interview I felt as if they had better things to do. That didn't bother me as much, people are busy, I get it. One hiring manager was and I almost wish I could have interviewed with that one and leave the others out. One of the other hiring managers had a very arrogant, condescending attitude/vibe that made me decide right then I did not want to work there. I actually started to get annoyed and frustrated with that manager's occassional eye rolls, look of boredom and little speeches about oneself and the company that mimicked teenage girls' rants of how much better they are than everyone else. About halfway through the interview I had to work really hard to keep a smile on my face and remain professional. From that point I just gave clichè robot answers and didn't try to sale myself as an employee at all so it would make them not want to offer me a job. Didn't even finish filling out the application. Kind of sucks because it seems like a cool place to work and a chance to launch a career in sales, but if there are people with that type of attitude within the company, I'm staying far away.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you could bring to this company as an employee?   Answer Question

iMatrix (California) Response

Jun 1, 2016 – Marketing Content Writer

Honesty is a valued virtue; I hope you are able to put that virtue to work in a career that best suits you.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It seemed more like recruitment than an interview. You arrive in a group, meet the VP, and then proceed on a interview.

They will give you a brief phone test. By that I mean you will have to try to set an appointment over the phone with the training manager.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at iMatrix (California) (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter from the company asking to set up a time to talk. I agreed after looking over the website to an interview. A phone interview was set up via email for the next week.

I was expecting the person who had set up the interview to be the one I was interviewing. I was a little surprised to have someone else on the phone. That was fine, he introduced himself and we started the interview.

He stated the agenda of the call over the phone and we proceeded to do the interview. I could hear that I was on speaker as he started talking.

He gave me an overview of the company. Who they are, what they do and who they target. He then asked me if I had any experiencing with cold calling which I proceeded to say yest, I've been in the radio advertising business for over 8 years. Which he asked me then about a company that I hadn't worked for in over 6 years.

I felt that was a little odd and I wasn't sure if he even had my whole resume and even asked him if I should send him an updated copy. I could also hear shuffling of paperwork while on the phone.

I felt the interview was very clunky and I didn't really learn anything new. I had asked a couple of questions that he couldn't tell me the answer to since he was in sales himself.

All in all I felt the interview was a waste of time.