iMatrix (California) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Fred Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Just like everyone else says; the people are great" (in 9 reviews)

• "Great company culture, management tries to find ways of bringing the whole company together" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low Pay- salaries are not competitive with those in the digital marketing industry and there is a high turnover rate of employees as a results" (in 10 reviews)

• "As a new employee its hard to stay motivated when the co-worker next to you is chatting and doing nothing while you cold-call 8 hours a day" (in 7 reviews)

"Internet consulatant-vision"

Current Employee - Internet Consulatant- Vision Trainee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Consulatant- Vision Trainee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Probably one of the best career decisions that I’ve ever made. I’m currently in training and even though it’s still very early on, I’m confident that I made a great decision signing on with Imatrix. It’s a position that really provides you with all of the tools and training to be incredibly successful. It certainly requires that you take initiative and be proactive about your job performance, but at the end of the day it’s your drive that determines your overall success within the company. I really can’t stress how important it is to avoid simply going off of the reviews where people didn’t succeed and ultimately projected that lack of upward mobility onto Imatrix. Essentially this job is about utilizing all resources and growing everyday alongside the company. So just give us a try!

Cons

It’s requiring that I write a con, even though I have none. So this is me typing up long sentences to avoid seeing a red notification up top.

Advice to Management

You guys have set an awesome foundation for us newcomers to build off of. Solid Job.

Jun 15, 2018 – iMatrix Leadership

I’m happy to hear that you’re so pleased with your decision to join iMatrix and that your training is going well. As the leader of sales training, I’m also impressed by your ability to recognize that... More

"Great Place To Learn Digital Marketing"

Current Employee - Professional Services in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What you put in is what you get out of it. I learned a lot in a short time working in professional services. Management is great at coaching and there are frequent training sessions. The employees are all around my age and so it's a great place to make new friends too. Most of all, I love it when the company rents out a theater for a new movie premier like Star Wars. They sometimes order everyone ice cream too.

Cons

Starts early at 7 a.m. and the parking spaces are narrow. Traffic on the way home can be tough.

Advice to Management

Have more company events like the BBQs and luncheons

Jun 12, 2018 – iMatrix Leadership

Hey there.

I noticed that you have been working here for several years so you definitely know how far we’ve come and how much we’ve grown and changed as a company so your comments hold a lot of... More

"Great place to work and grow!"

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training along with a fun and competive work environment! Professional, but fun work enviroment in a new office building. Challenging job selling websites, but the job is always changing and exciting! There is plenty of room for advancedment. Fair pay and great benefits! I really enjoy working with my managers which is very important for me.

Cons

Not many cons. I stay challenged everyday with daily call and appointment goals. Pay is fair.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I love when hard work is recognized!

Jun 9, 2018 – iMatrix Leadership

Thank you for sending in this positive feedback!

I appreciate you acknowledging the training as that team really works hard to ensure everyone who joins iMatrix is set up for success.

I am so... More

"Amazing company culture and a ton of career opportunities"

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This has been my first full-time job since I graduated college about a year ago. I can honestly say the people who I am surrounded by on a daily basis truly make this job a pleasure to be at. The company culture is incredible. The office has a very laid back vibe which can make the stress of a sales job more bearable. The directors and senior management want to see you succeed and will do everything they can to help you throughout the process. iMatrix has brought me unexpected opportunities. Never did I think that in my early 20s, I'd be traveling around the country for my career.

Cons

This isn't necessarily a con but this job can be hard. If you are not willing to put in the work, this job is not for you. If you come to work with a positive attitude and drive to succeed, you'll be able to see reward here.

Advice to Management

I can't really ask for more from the management team. Thank you for always having an open door policy and taking time to hear us out as employees. You are all much appreciated!

May 8, 2018 – VP, Client Experience

Awwww thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

I love that you are so happy and flourishing in your role here! It makes me really happy to see you take advantage of... More

"Overall Experience"

Former Employee - Client Support Coach in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Client Support Coach in San Diego, CA

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture
    Casual Dress
    PTO
    Develop your communication skills
    Do Development Work
    Company events

Cons

It can be a little noisy when taking calls

Advice to Management

I landed at iMatrix when I was just beginning my career as a technology professional. From the moment I started, I was treated with enthusiasm and respect. When I began performing the job functions, I quickly learned that the work is challenging, but extremely rewarding. As I got better at performing the job, I started noticing improvements to my skills as well. I acquired a strong understanding of the web industry, and my communication skills improved dramatically both at work and in my personal life.

Throughout my time at iMatrix, I felt like management always had my best interest in mind. I never felt like I was being micromanaged and I always had the support I needed. If I ever needed help with an issue, there were always multiple qualified people available to help me. This collaboration made for a dynamic work environment. We solved problems rapidly and had fun doing it.

While it was not in the cards for me to stay at iMatrix as a long-term career, this company will always hold a special place in my heart. To this day, I am grateful for the wonderful experiences that I gained while being an iMatrix employee. If you should be fortunate enough to work there, I am fully confident that you will have an experience similar to mine. As long as you care and put in the work, you will thrive.

Thank you to Jenice and Bri for all of your care and dedication in helping me grow as a professional. Your management styles and insight have had a lasting impact on my career and my own personal growth. I still can’t believe how lucky I was to be working on your team. I wish you the best success as you continue to make iMatrix such a great place to be.

May 7, 2018 – VP, Client Experience

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. I really appreciate you mentioning Bri and Jenice for all of their efforts and the role they played in advancing your career growth... More

"Great Experience!"

Former Employee - Client Support Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Client Support Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at iMatrix (California) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, the indivuduals that I had the opportunity of working alongside while I was employed at Imatrix were incredible. From upper management to the support and onboarding team, everyone knew there roles and gave the best product and service possible to all 15k clients. I began my time there as a Client Support Coach then over time, I was promoted to an Onboarding Team Member. Since I was in Graduate School throughout my time at Imatrix, Jenice, my manager at the time, helped me find sucess on both! She continuously accomodated my busy schedule all while making my time at Imatrix a great one. I highly recommend all entry level applicants give Imatrix a chance, you wont regret it!

Cons

In my year and a half employeed by Imatrix, I really didn't find many Cons! The only one if I had to put down is that they didnt like when I played country music on the radio but did make accommodations from time to time.

Advice to Management

Continue to set the example for your subordinates and maintain clear communication all around as you have been.

May 8, 2018 – VP, Client Experience

Good morning and thank you so much for leaving such a great review. Especially mentioning Jenice by name is really terrific. The fact that your team and your leadership impacted your life in such a... More

"not the best"

Former Employee - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good experience in terms of learning about what you probably will never want to do again.

Cons

no upward growth opportunity. Management didnt care

Jun 8, 2018 – iMatrix Leadership

We appreciate you leaving your feedback and want to address both statements you have made.

Your first statement is in regards to not wanting to do this job. I completely understand how you feel... More

"Great Place to Start"

Current Employee - Service Delivery in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Service Delivery in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, management tries to find ways of bringing the whole company together. Overall the staff is positive and trying to better themselves and provide great customer service. I enjoy working in the service delivery section in large part because of the positive attitude of the staff and the desire to improve as professionals.

Working with a young team that offers a wide range of search marketing and web design services is an excellent learning opportunity.

Great location, walk to lunch.

New building, nice open floor plan with lots of conference rooms.

Cons

Wages could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting learning and positive activities to keep communication open. As the industry becomes more competitive having roles and compensation that encourage longer term employment will be crucial. Losing seasoned talent is not sustainable.

Jun 8, 2018 – iMatrix Leadership

Hello Service Delivery! Also known as the "Dream Team"!

Thank you so much for sending in this positive review. I really appreciate that. Also, I personally thank you for acknowledging that we... More

"Client Support"

Former Employee - Client Support in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Client Support in San Diego, CA

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Great environment to work at.
    2. E-verified.
    3. Get to work with a lot of talented and great people in support.
    4. Nice, friendly, very patient managers, Donald and Jenice. They always gave me positive advices.
    5. As my first professional job, I have learned a lot from it, ie. how to work efficiently, how to customized websites using js and jquery, how to interact with clients, and etc.

Cons

It's chilly sometimes at work.

Hi there.

Thank you so much for the positive review. It was an absolute pleasure having you on the team!

It is great that you learned a lot while you were here. Support is one of our very... More

"Senior Internet Consultant"

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, extensive training which is nice for people without sales experience making this a great first sales job, management is super encouraging

Cons

They need more people on their support staff to help build the company

Advice to Management

Hire more support and hire less people at once so they can get more extensive one on one training

Jun 8, 2018 – iMatrix Leadership

Thank you so much for sending in your feedback. I really appreciate it. Also, thank you for acknowledging your managers and training program. Both groups work hard and they all are very committed... More