iMatrix (California) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Bob Brisco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The best part about Imatrix is the work/ social work environment, really cool fun people work here (in 7 reviews)

• The office has a work hard play hard culture is a significant reason why this company culture is great (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low Pay- salaries are not competitive with those in the digital marketing industry and there is a high turnover rate of employees as a results (in 9 reviews)

• As a new employee its hard to stay motivated when the co-worker next to you is chatting and doing nothing while you cold-call 8 hours a day (in 7 reviews)

1. "great time"

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time

Pros

great job and I really enjoyed it highly reccomend

Cons

what cons? amazing people and great environment.

2. "Your soul will get sucked out of you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment and really cool coworkers (well some for the most part) that make the job less insufferable.

Cons

There is definitely a "bro vibe" which is typical in a sales environment. Basically it's fend for yourself/I make a lot of money now so I'm not even going to bother talking to you. The training program is horrible, they only give you a month to learn the job and then they give you a warning before they officially cut you off the team. It's literally a call center where you're calling people that don't want to talk to you, I mean if I was a doctor of course I would be tending to my patients than to be on the phone with a sales person. They also separate the new hires into a section away from the more senior employees, it's literally the blind leading the blind when you're sitting next to someone who also doesn't know what they are doing. End result: you literally learn on your own and then are still running around with your head cut off.

3. "Good Coworkers, Bad company"

Former Employee - Internet Consultant
    Former Employee - Internet Consultant

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time

Pros

Coworkers are awesome, just got a new building

Cons

Pay is low, mislead new hires about how much they will be making, high pressure, training program is terrible

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to HR issues. Sexism and sexual harassment are a serious problem at this company. Individually everyone who works here is cool, but together they develop a pack-like, and very overly "macho" mentality. Stemming from management.

"Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at iMatrix (California) (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment. This is a great place to learn the fundamentals of sales and closing. Every morning the team gets together to either educate on the service, share sales tactics or just play games for team bonding! Team leads are good at their job and WANT to help you succeed. You get what you put into it! Your hard work will be appraised and noticed here.

Cons

Could have better coffee--maybe they do now?

5. "Internet Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Experience. Imatrix is looking to train salespersons to deliver successful numbers. Their goal is to make you a profitable employee. The best part about Imatrix is the work/ social work environment, really cool fun people work here.

Cons

Cold Calls. A lot of cold calls. And work starts at 7AM.

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be implement more incentives and opportunities for employees to grow within the company.

6. "Be warned"

Current Employee - Internet Consultant
    Current Employee - Internet Consultant

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the schedule provides a good work life balance

Cons

work environment, lack of training,
    constantly changing expectations,
    low pay,

"No Direction, Worsening by the Month."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mostly good people with a fun, geeky culture. Decent benefits and infrastructure support.

Cons

A while ago I left a 5 star review of this company and meant every word. Now I'm leaving a 2 star. Over the last two years the company has been bent further and further over backwards by corporate influence. There is no internal decision making power or real leadership and damn does it show. They've got a building full of smart people with good ideas and corporate appears to be doing its best to turn all of them into drones so that we can properly fill our allotted space on the corporate spreadsheet rather than actually growing the company and doing what would be best for clients. If you want to punch in, do a job and punch out, this place is a decent destination, if you actually want a company with some life in it, move along.

Advice to Management

It's become increasingly obvious that none of the management in the building have the power to actually change anything and just as obvious that no one at corporate cares, so I won't even waste my breath.

8. "Fun place to work"

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time

Pros

Amazing people to work with, management really cares about your progress and success with the company. Great energy and atmosphere along with a really solid training program. Really hard work to get into so if you want to work there just make sure your ready to role up your sleeves. All in all really solid work experience that I will be taking to my next opportunity.

Cons

Tons of cold calling and snap conversion rate when you have little inside sales experience

Advice to Management

Keep Archie around he was a great leader and cares about his people

9. "IC The job is what you make of it"

Current Employee - Internet Consultant in Mira Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Consultant in Mira Mesa, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and support, from the fellow co-workers all the way up the the executives. Nothing hidden or tricky, the job is hard but rewarding. Fair commission structure where very high revenue streams are possible if you work hard enough for it. Free coffee, they buy lunch for everyone on occasion. Incentives for good work, Amazing team atmosphere. Make everyone feel welcome. Opportunities for growth for those who show initiative. Opportunities for company travel. Brand new building about to be finished. Starter program for new employees to help get them on their feet.

Cons

There are a few employees ( mostly new hires) who don't take the job seriously and spend a lot of time just making noise and distracting those who want to work/ be successful

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the new heirs, don't let the ones who aren't mature enough to handle the responsibility of a real job distract/corrupt/drive away those who want to do their job well. But over all I think management is doing a great job considering the amount of recent growth.

"Good so far!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far my experience with this place is good. I accepted the position with the hopes I would.learn about sales and myself and so far I feel as though I have and have a good grasp of everything I should. The product is great and very sellable if you know it. The staff is awesome. And they are introducing new things to make the work flow better.

Cons

Barely any. A job is what you.make of it. Based on earlier reviews, I'm assuming the people who started weren't serious about sales in the first place. Sales is more difficult to get but rewarding once you get there. Only con is I feel bad for management and I think we suffer because of it. There are a few members of management who are great and always busy but they our the best resources for us to learn from. A lot of other people mess around a lot instead of working so they need to find a middle level of how to control the environment and free up some of the better people to learn from.

Advice to Management

Its great here. Control the environment and make it more professional.