iMatrix (California) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Bob Brisco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The office is fun the people are great (in 6 reviews)

• Friendly work environment with plenty of opportunity for advancemennt (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Low Pay- salaries are not competitive with those in the digital marketing industry and there is a high turnover rate of employees as a results (in 8 reviews)

• Really terrible commission structure (in 5 reviews)

1. "Fun place to work"

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time

Pros

Amazing people to work with, management really cares about your progress and success with the company. Great energy and atmosphere along with a really solid training program. Really hard work to get into so if you want to work there just make sure your ready to role up your sleeves. All in all really solid work experience that I will be taking to my next opportunity.

Cons

Tons of cold calling and snap conversion rate when you have little inside sales experience

Advice to Management

Keep Archie around he was a great leader and cares about his people

2. "IC The job is what you make of it"

Current Employee - Internet Consultant in Mira Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Consultant in Mira Mesa, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and support, from the fellow co-workers all the way up the the executives. Nothing hidden or tricky, the job is hard but rewarding. Fair commission structure where very high revenue streams are possible if you work hard enough for it. Free coffee, they buy lunch for everyone on occasion. Incentives for good work, Amazing team atmosphere. Make everyone feel welcome. Opportunities for growth for those who show initiative. Opportunities for company travel. Brand new building about to be finished. Starter program for new employees to help get them on their feet.

Cons

There are a few employees ( mostly new hires) who don't take the job seriously and spend a lot of time just making noise and distracting those who want to work/ be successful

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the new heirs, don't let the ones who aren't mature enough to handle the responsibility of a real job distract/corrupt/drive away those who want to do their job well. But over all I think management is doing a great job considering the amount of recent growth.

"Good so far!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far my experience with this place is good. I accepted the position with the hopes I would.learn about sales and myself and so far I feel as though I have and have a good grasp of everything I should. The product is great and very sellable if you know it. The staff is awesome. And they are introducing new things to make the work flow better.

Cons

Barely any. A job is what you.make of it. Based on earlier reviews, I'm assuming the people who started weren't serious about sales in the first place. Sales is more difficult to get but rewarding once you get there. Only con is I feel bad for management and I think we suffer because of it. There are a few members of management who are great and always busy but they our the best resources for us to learn from. A lot of other people mess around a lot instead of working so they need to find a middle level of how to control the environment and free up some of the better people to learn from.

Advice to Management

Its great here. Control the environment and make it more professional.

4. "Every Opportunity is an Opportunity You Can Take Advantage Of..."

Former Employee - SEO/SEM Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - SEO/SEM Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time

Pros

-Friends you will have forever based on common goals, challenges, similar age range
    -Culture! Fun events all the time. They really make an effort to get people together
    -Christmas party at end of the year is always amazing!
    -Career opportunities (this one could be put at Cons too)...if you work hard .. you can take advantage and move up fairly quickly.
    -Titles you can put on your resume
    -Rewards/gifts - there were always incentives (not always easily attainable) but there were opp to receive extra Visa cards if you met goal, or prizes, or raffles
    -Casual dress code
    -Not too much micromanaging
    -Loved waking up knowing I didn't hate my job

Cons

I truthfully have nothing horrible to say about iMatrix. I was given an opportunity and I made that opportunity happen by working hard, working ethically, talking to management when needed and voicing the change I would like to see. I was pleasantly surprised to see a some of the changes I voiced were noticed and action was taken. Were all the changes I voiced implemented. NO. Were all my concerns heard? Yes, I was able to voice them. Did the change happen as quick as I wanted? No. Were things changing in the way I wanted? NO...that is why i left. Because I no longer respected the company in the same fashion I did when I first started. With that said, I grew into a better employee capable of surpassing the job duties at hand..which means the job did what it did and what I needed it to do. With the title in hand, I was able to secure a better job with better pay.. but that is ONLY because of the title/experience/ and opportunity that I TOOK UPON MYSELF.

You will find a lot of people complain about how horrible it was or is (many still there oddly) (and I am not denying that at times), or how no one should work there. I will challenge their beliefs and say that they have been given an amazing opportunity based on their abilities - now it is up to them to maximize their potential there and like most others, leave when the time is right. I knew nothing about digital marketing prior to iMatrix, but in the few years I was there I was able to move up in the company fairly quickly and learn everything there is to know to land me amazing interviews.

The truth of the matter is that IT JUST IS WHAT IT IS. If you don't like it, try to change it. If you still don't like it, leave. Make the most of the opportunity, and maximize your work potential and then remove yourself from the situation. Don't complain, and leave too early - your lack of experience and ignorance might fare you a better pay at your next job but you would have short changed yourself into a much fulfilling , higher paying job should you have waited and moved up the ladder. The path is up to you.

Training - I do wish there was more training here. There is minimal training but again, here is where you can complain or you can take action. I studied when I could outside of work because I was truly interested in the field and it only helped me at work and now at my current role.

The cons of working here are realizing that what you want to change ..probably won't ever change to what you want it to (being able to service your clients better, being able to breathe a little more in terms of work load, being able to change the current tasks at hand into actual tasks that matter). This is when you know you've done everything you can but also being wise and removing yourself of the situation if you want more.

If you have 0 to little digital marketing experience and want to land a job in this field for the long term, this is a great opportunity to do just that. It's also a great opp to make lifelong friends, for what it is unique for. Everybody I have talked to have said the iMatrix culture is unique , so Linda Wise I give you much credit for creating such an amazing culture that is hard to be matched.

Does this deny that I often complained too? No. Does this deny that I wish things were different? No. Does this deny the obvious lack of change that needed to occur such as smaller account loads or higher pay for the work we were doing? No. Those are all reasons why I made the decision to leave, however if it was not for the opportunity (and really what I made of it in that opportunity) I wouldn't have been where I am now - which is with a safe, secure and higher paying job! (DOUBLE!!)

Every opportunity is what you make of it!

Advice to Management

Implement the advice given at exit surveys, have more training in house , 401K match , transparency on what the company goals are and what challenges are

"Promise more than they can deliver. VERY HIGH turnover rate"

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

casual work attire, awesome co workers, and fun work environment

Cons

7 am - 4pm shift (traffic both ways)! cold calling with no actual help generating leads (99% of your workday is spent failing. The training is a joke. Expectations for results are set WAY too high. The "tools" they give you to be successful are not as effective as they say they are.

Advice to Management

Spend less time trying to build, grow, and expand by hiring so many employees. I'd suggest focusing on the quality of hiring and do a better job preparing/training those people to be successful.

6. "changes very quickly, be prepared"

Former Employee - Former Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fun, inviting, loud, young vibe

Cons

loud, hard work, very quick changing

"Once a promising company"

Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stepping stone company. Period. If you want to get entry level expertise to put on your resume to harness to your career move then this might be the place for you.

Cons

Not sure where to begin. However, I can say it starts from the top down.
    A ton of cliques.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees & clients more than (or as much) as shareholder and corporate profit. Pay competitively. Get true sales people than can manage entry level talent & possibly attract senior level talent. Have a more discipline and improve the children's daycare culture.

"Run!"

Current Employee - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is fun the people are great! Ping pong table in the middle of the floor Friday games. But that's all you have to look forward to.

Cons

The product sucks made 75 cold calls a day with no appointment. You are stepping in the toes of other employees and annoying the doctors you are marketing your product to. They have heard the same sales pitch 5 times! The only leads come in the form of trade shows that you can't go to unless you hit quota 6 times which won't happen!

Advice to Management

Favoritism is a huge thing in this office if your the new guy/ girl good luck!

"Awful Management, high turnover"

I worked at iMatrix (California) full-time

Pros

This company was a good way to learn about the industry and became a stepping stone for a much better job

Cons

Awful management, super high employee turnover rate

Advice to Management

Find more qualified leaders who actually know how to lead a team

"Fun Company!"

Current Employee - Inside Internet Sales Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Internet Sales Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress attire, friendly atmosphere, great people and great training!

Cons

You have to be in office by 7am