KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

iMatrix (California) Reviews

Updated Jan 21, 2022

Found 173 of over 175 reviews

3.6
iMatrix (California) CEO Bob Brisco (no image)
Bob Brisco
Pros
  • "Potential to make a lot of money, great people(in 11 reviews)

• "Also, it was a stepping stone to my current job(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay, keep tabs on you, lots of calls(in 18 reviews)

• "It might be a difficult adjustment for someone that isn't willing to show grit and power through cold calls or rejections(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Advertising

3,037

254 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of iMatrix (California) and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nothing

Dec 29, 2021 - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for what you are doing

Cons

Not super high end products but consistent customer base

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

So here is the truth about working for imatrix

Nov 4, 2021 - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I normally do not write reviews but today I decided to check glassdoor and found reviews that are so untrue that I had to stop to write one of my own. So here is the truth about working on the imatrix sales team. First, the negative reviews you see here are from a competitor, Doctor Multi Media. The company has a wacko CEO and he keeps emailing the sales team saying bad things about the company to see if we will leave to go work for him. So do not believe any negative reviews you read on glassdoor about the sales team. Second, I can not say anything better about working at imatrix. My team members are great, my boss is great and we have a great VP that is always looking out for us. This year we all received large raises and just last month we had a sales contest were a guy on another team won a trip to Italy. Yes to Italy, like in Europe. Being an internet consultant is not easy, you need to call on Doctors all day long, most say no and some say yes but alot of people have moved up in the company and overall its a great team to be a part of. So when you read a bunch of negative post about the sales team, know its a desperate competitor that is dying to attract some of our talent because they can not create any of their own.

Cons

Do bigger sales contest more often in the year, I want to go to Italy next year!

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0

Good experience Tough industry

Jan 21, 2022 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn a lot of valuable sales skills in a short period of time Working remotely until further notice Good growth opportunities.

Cons

Unrealistic quotas Unagonized management Not a lot of sales coaching for entry level positions

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Smile n' Dial

Jan 12, 2022 - Internet Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Daily schedules are self-managed, and if you are a successful salesperson, a good opportunity journey to sales conventions across the country.

Cons

Training is awful, hardly prepares new hires with successful strategies or insight from senior agents. The number one thing I was told when joining my team was "forget everything they taught you in training." Expected to take 75-100 cold calls per day and expected to figure it out along the way.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Great Experience

Dec 8, 2021 - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great community of sales warriors. Good leadership. Fast paced environment.

Cons

Its pretty difficult to promote with the system they had in place but not impossible by any means.

6. 3.0

Not the Best Job

Dec 22, 2021 - Client Support Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice co-workers, benefits, and PTO

Cons

Very low pay, expect you to know a lot about building a website with very little compensation.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Nov 16, 2021 - Client Serv in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice team, working from home, good benefits/hours

Cons

Low pay, keep tabs on you, lots of calls

8. 2.0

Sales Rep

Dec 1, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great managers and fun environment

Cons

just a number in an excel box, very corporate world. vp at the time didn't care at all. was a lot of turn and burn

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Start to a Career!

Jun 24, 2021 - Account Solutions Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to learn about the digital marketing industry, iMatrix is a great place to start your career. Training is thorough which allows each and every employee to do their job with confidence. There is plenty of opportunity develop skills both personally and professionally attributing to advancement within iMatrix. The leadership team does a fantastic job looking out for the wellbeing of their employees. They are receptive to feedback, both good and bad, and are open to make necessary changes. Overall, my time with iMatrix has been nothing but positive and I encourage anyone who is interested in starting a career in the digital marketing industry to consider joining the team at iMatrix.

Cons

The only con I can think of is compensation. iMatrix trends on the lower side of the industry.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work experience

Aug 23, 2021 - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people , high energy office , fun events , decent training

Cons

churn and burn hiring mentality. Is not for the faint of heart who can not handle stress well. Different verticals have different market saturation and as a result different teams do not have the same level playing fields.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 173 Reviews

iMatrix (California) Reviews FAQs

68% of iMatrix (California) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated iMatrix (California) 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at iMatrix (California) to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with iMatrix (California) Job Seekers