iProspect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Search Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iProspect (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

First off I want to express how I really wanted to work here and I thought that if I joined iProspect, I could call it my second home and make something out of it. The company doesn’t make the company. It’s the hard working men and women that make the company.

The interview process was a bit of a roller coaster. I had to make a call, wait, call, wait, and then call again. BEFORE pursuing a position here I definitely went to Glassdoor first and took some mental notes. The ones that stuck out to me the most were…

- Don’t be late, or they won’t give you the time of day.
    - Don’t sound smarter than they do. And that’s depending on who interviews you.
    - Be assertive, but don’t wait too long. Or else nothing happens. Case in point! LoL!!

After talking to someone on the phone I was finally able to make an appointment. It was on a Monday morning as I entered their office. It was nice and very convenient, right above South Station. No way! I was lead down a long hallway into a glass office where I waited. For 10 minutes.

Finally, someone entered. As I greeted them I couldn’t help but notice a slight angry grimace on their face. Remember: this is on a Monday morning. 9am. As they sat down they let out a big sigh and said, “So… Monday morning, huh?”

Oh I’m sorry. You’re the professional here. I’m just trying to get a job with your company. After trying 4 times!!! And the very least, have a career. So excuse me.

I was ready for the interview. But I don’t think this person was. I mean, you’re supposed to take it easy on Sunday nights and prepare for the week. Not pretend it’s Friday and down a couple of cosmopolitans like you won the lottery or something.

I was interviewed by 4 people. Each one higher than the last in the corporate ladder. Wow, so no pressure I guess.

- First interviewer seemed like they really didn’t want to be there. Asked me simple questions until finally cutting it short and making a bee line for the exit.

- Second interviewer seemed like they were basking in glory or something. Looked like they avoided the short straw for coming in early. LoL. They got rooooooooooight into it and asked me some simple to mediocre questions. Nothing too serious.

- Third interviewer was really nice and even gave me their card. Really tested my knowledge of the search industry.

- Fourth interviewer, FINALLY, was really energetic. It’s what I expected from someone in accounts.

Overall, a pretty fine day spent at the office talking about my skills and background. Nevertheless asking the same questions over and over got to be a real drag. Seriously!

Thanks for the opportunity, iProspect. Sucks it didn’t work out. Guess I’ll just have to be a developer now. With a background in digital marketing.

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iProspect (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Recruiter reached out via email & set up phone call. Discussed opening & next steps. Recruiter never followed up with next round of phone interviews & failed to respond to emails in a timely manner.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iProspect (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a iProspect representative email me, set a meeting over the phone to discuss the opportunity, and then she never showed, followed up, called or responded to my emails regarding said meeting after I was stood up.

Paid Social Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at iProspect (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to discuss an open position for a new client acquisition. We had a brief phone call where she asked me basic questions about my background, which were very straight forward coming from another agency.

Next, the recruiter scheduled an on-site interview about a week later. The interview consisted of five rounds of one person each, and it took about 2.5 hours. They all took a slightly different approach, but for the most part everyone just asked me about my current role, and a little bit about why I wanted to leave, what I like about social, what I know about iProspect, etc. Everyone was pleasant and helpful throughout.

The recruiter gave me a call the very next day notifying me that she would be sending an offer through shortly. For the most part it seemed that the interview was to make sure there was a fit in terms of personality, because they didn't really ask anything that wasn't on my resume. That said, everyone was extremely helpful, pleasant, and answered the questions I had for them with enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like/want to stay in social media marketing?   1 Answer

Associate, Search Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at iProspect (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very fast process. I applied online and then 2 days later the recruiter reached out to me to schedule an in person interview. Later that week I did the in person and met with four different people within the department. I was given an offer later that day, after I completed the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about search engine marketing? What are the different match types? How do you build your campaigns?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iProspect (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a call with HR. We had a great conversation, she said the hiring manager would contact me the following week, but they never did. If they had contacted me the next steps were to speak with the hiring manager in San Francisco and to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the job you are looking for? Talk about your background. What is your salary expectation? Why did you decide to go to graduate school.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iProspect (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I applied online and then was invited to interview through video. Basically, it was pre-recorded questions and you had 30 seconds to hear the question and then a minute to reply. Pretty basic questions. It required some knowledge of marketing and programmatic search. It was nice because you had the option to record your answers twice, so if you messed up the first time you could do it again. Then, I had a phone interview to help match me to the right team.

Paid Search Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iProspect (New York, NY).

Interview

Very unprofessional recruiting process! A recruiter responded to my online submission fairly quickly at first. My first phone interview went pretty well and I was told that she would work on the schedule of the in-person round with the hiring managers, but then never got back to me even for weeks even though I tried calling her and emailing multiple times.

After a while I was able to reach a recruiter again about a new position and even scheduled another phone interview with her, but she never responded to our scheduled phone call and any emails. If there was no interest, she should have just said that there was no interest instead of wasting my time. For such a big company, it's simply unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to change my position? What did I like about their company? Which role would I would fit in the company?   Answer Question

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at iProspect (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was with 3 people. 2 people are from the team and the last one was with the director all 1 hour each. Straight forward and not tough at all. The questions are basic. They want to determine your enthusiasm and see if you are trainable. There are a lot to know in this field and they want to use their resources to train the right people from the ground up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this field?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iProspect.

Interview

2 phone interviews and a round robin in-office interview. My HR contact was incredible and very communicative. All parties involved explained the next steps very well and were personable. I enjoyed the workspace. Some questions were a little unexpected but not unreasonable. I felt very comfortable the entire time. The overall good communication, expectations, comfort, and personalities made my decision very easy when offered a position. Positive experience all around.

Interview Questions

• PM questions, how you handled a certain situation, etc.   Answer Question