iomart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iomart Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2016

2.0

IT Engineer-Team Leader-Nottingham Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iomart (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Absolutely Terrible. Frankly appealed with their conduct. Initially I have received a phone call for interview with the HR lady based in Glasgow. We have organised it for 16:00. I have to call her at 16:10 because she thought the interview was for 16:30 and finally make it with my actions. She mention that she will come back to me the next working day. After a week, I have received an email for a skype interview. The interviewer didn't came in our meeting and I have called her and arrange for me an interview for the next working day at the same day. The next day happen exactly the same and after my complaints she has mention that he will call me. I have received a call and he drop off the phone after 20 seconds. I have tried to call on this number 4 times with no response. After that, I have arrange an official complaint on the relevant department. They come back to me the next working day that it was my mistake and I have drop off the phone according to their manager. Seems that they have already make an offer on this position and just play with candidates. The worst business process I have never seen and heard in my life.

Please take care as all the fake reviews on this page are coming from their behalf. Terrible business to work for.

Marketing & Sales Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iomart (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Once I had applied online, that same day iomart was in contact with me, informing me that they had received my application and they would be in contact if I got an interview.
    From there, I was then phoned to come in for an interview and was given options of when they had available slots.
    It was a very relaxed and comfortable interview. It was more like a conversation than being grilled.

Interview Questions

• - What tasks you think a Data Analyst would do on a daily basis
      -Where you would find data and what types of data will be required for the Marketing department at Iomart
      -What you could bring to the role
      Answer Question

IT Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iomart (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview and then assessment centre (3 tier)

Telephone interview consisted of competency based questions
    Assessment centre was more about technical and customer service/support skills
    Very little info provided about the job, pay, and job duties, etc.

The main thing were the three tests that were prepared, it was a bit hectic as it was not really organised well.

Interview Questions

• 3 tier: customer support, technical and grammar/spelling test

Technical was by far the hardest questions were meant to understand if training was necessary and to what level.

Question e.g.
      -For what is POP and IMAP used and what are the differences between these?
      -Difference between shared, virtual and dedicated server? - related to a web hosting facility
      Answer Question

Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryhill, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iomart (Maryhill, Scotland (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Single face to face interview. Small confined room. Very little information provided about the job by the interviewer who will most likely be your direct manager.

Was given a random technical test with some competency questions thrown in.

Interview Questions

• List 3 things required to setup an email account?

This question is not asked in any specific context, they do not specify whether referring to adding an account in a client, creating an account through some form of control panel, adding via a mail server etc. so it is very difficult to answer.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iomart (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

Introductory phone interview with manager and HR. Background questions and situation gauging questions.
    Technical on-site interview with two managers. An electronic test with pretty straight forward hosting related questions. Offered the position a few days later.
    Expenses for visiting the office covered. Dress was smart casual. No more than 2 hours in total at the office.

Interview Questions

• How does a ASA 5505 and a ASA 5510 differ in their failover capability?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you've had to manage the technical mis-expectations of client which resulted in a major problem.   Answer Question
    • What initial elements would you investigate if you needed to scale-up a pre-existing web hosting platform?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Matched salary to what I said I was expecting.