tarte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

tarte Interview Questions

Interviews at tarte

2.7

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at tarte.

Interview

I enailed my resume, then came in for a face to face interview. I met with the team I would be working with and got to know my role. Very nice people!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at tarte.

Interview

Basic questions. Availability, if I have any experience, what I'm looking to get out of working there. Brief, gave a call back shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Describe what experience you have   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at tarte (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview seemed promising as the Controller was interested in me filling the role. She asked what was important to me in my life and I answered truthfully. I was also asked a lot of technical questions and they tested my knowledge on standard practices. What was EXTREMELY disappointing was that I was asked to write up 2 written assignments on policies and they told me I was too good for position. If I was too good why would you have me write up anything to begin with after 3 hour interview. They took my intellectual property and did not get so much as an acknowledgement. Very
    unprofessional and flaky to be quite honest.

Makeup Artist Interview

Interview

Brief questions. Most communication through text! Unreal. How they hired this woman is beyond me. I felt extremely uncomfortable. I will never shop this brand again. MAC is my go to!

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at tarte (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty standard. I was interviewed by two people from the hiring team; was asked technical questions related to the job as well as going over my resume. The interview went for almost 1 hour.

I followed up 3 times in 4 weeks and received ZERO response. After the forth week, I managed to find out that the position was filled. In my opinion, it was unprofessional and a little rude.

It was a good experience but I wish they would response.

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at tarte (Edison, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process went fairly well and I was actually offered 2 positions to choose from permanent part-time makeup artist/trainer up to 20 hours a week or freelance make-up artist after giving it some thought I went with the freelancer position. I eventually received a new hire packet via email in which their was no 1099 form (which is what a independent contractor should fill out) instead I received a w-2 when I reached out to the account executive for clarification via text and phone all over a two week period my cell number was blocked. I in no form stalked the account executive I simply reached out 2x to say I need a 1099 instead of a w-2 wow can we say in my 20+ years in beauty industry I never experienced such a level of unprofessionalism and their isn't a human resources department to even go to to discuss... Very appalling

Interview Questions

• do you have a issue in meeting sales goals while working for Tarte cosmetics?   Answer Question
    • do you have a issue stopping guests in the aisle and sitting them down for quick make-up demostration'd   Answer Question

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at tarte (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

basic interview. learn about the history before you interview. retail experience goes a long way as far as landing the job. make sure your make up is more on the natural side. smile!

Field Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at tarte (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

My resume was provided to an internal member of the organization and forwarded to the Human Resources Team and the person in which the role would be reporting. After a 1+ hour interview thru Facetime, as the person was working in their remote offices, I was then invited to the HQ for a meeting with Human Resources Team and members at Marketing - keeping in mind the position was for a sales leadership role. I found the HR manager to be personable and genuinely interested in knowing about my experience. As there was a last minute change to those that would be speaking with me, I was passed to two members of the marketing team. The questions that were asked by the gentlemen were unlike any questions I've been every asked in the beauty space. There was no discussion of my experience with retailers, my managerial style, etc. Prepare yourself. Then the brand - as they are notorious - went silent. Replies to emails were left unanswered by both HR and those in which I had spoken at great length. Eventually, I received a rejection email explaining that I did not have enough "analytical skills." Prepare yourself for questions that are similar to those asked of me.

Interview Questions

• Question 1: Imagine that you have quarters (coins). I want you to building a tower of coins from the base of the coffee table to the top of the ceiling in this room. What is taller, this tower of coins or the Empire State Building?   Answer Question
    • In my hand are three letters, one is your offer letter, the second letter is your rejection letter and the third is blank. Pick a letter. Once selected, are you sure you want that letter?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at tarte (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with 4 different people, all were very nice and asked almost the same questions. The whole interview process took about 45 min to an hour. Have not heard back yet but hopefully will do soon.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at tarte (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screen, then phone call with hiring manager, and then on-site with various members of the ecomm team. Everyone was friendly, but in the end they wanted someone with more experience.