ABA Therapist Job Description Template
Here at XYZ Inc., we are the leading company in our industry in the Capital City area. We're pleased to have a 3.8 Glassdoor rating from our employees. We are hiring an experienced ABA Therapist to help us keep growing. If you're dedicated and ambitious, XYZ Inc. is an excellent place to grow your career. Don't hesitate to apply.
Responsibilities for ABA Therapist
- Study patient behavior and apply ABA principles
- Respond appropriately to different situations common among Autism patients and others with behavioral and developmental challenges
- Utilize key communication skills to provide effective feedback to patients
- Effectively communicate positive feedback to patients
- Be able to recognize and respond to critical improvements in patient behaviors.
- Become familiar with and use behavioral redirection techniques
- Know how to respond to negative behaviors appropriately
- Provide written documentation on each patients.
Qualifications for ABA Therapist
- Preferred Master's degree in ABA, psychology, education, or related field of study
- Preferred Registered Behavior Technician certificate from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
- 0-5 years of experience required for entry-level positions
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to work under high-stress situations
- Exhibits significant reliable habits, including timeliness and organizational skills
- Proven experience working with pre-school and elementary school-aged children
- Additional evidence of successful work with patients suffering from Autism and development issues
- Other experience, certificates, or qualifications as required by state
Ready to Hire an ABA Therapist?Try Job Postings