Mission: Our mission is to help people find and buy any book from any bookseller and our business stretches around the world with six international sites — AbeBooks.com, AbeBooks.co.uk, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.fr, AbeBooks.it, and IberLibro.com, as well as ZVAB.com, a marketplace ...
I worked at Abebooks full-time (Less than a year)
Decent office, ok salary, showers in office
Not a "tech company"
Pushes "...an Amazon company" a ton but actually receives no benefits from being an Amazon subsidiary
Limited opportunity for growth
Despite having a D&I (Diversity and Inclusion) team, upper management is comprised of 100% white male in their mid-30s to 50s
Hidden factors in contract - did you know that if you leave within 2 years you need to pay back your signing bonus? Come on...
Upper management has a habit of favouritism and doing "off-sites" essentially creating a small team that's impossible to penetrate.
No "AbeBooks" culture to speak of.
HR is full of women.
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC (Canada)).
- Online Test (2hrs 4 questions)
- One phone Interview: Mostly behavior questions. One question about HashTable
- Another phone Interview: All behavior questions. Some questions on previous projects.
- Onsite ( 4hrs, managers, seniors sde, hr, 4 rounds )
- OO design, System design, detailed questions about previous projects (draw on whiteboard)
- One coding question,
- Some behavior questions
Tech Hiring Commitment
Helping to train, hire and promote more technology workers
Has programs that support a diverse and inclusive workforce