I have been working at M+R full-time (More than 5 years)
- The best people in the industry. Smart, kind, honest, genuine.
- Amazing causes and clients.
- Strong processes and structure.
- Excellent opportunities for advancement if you're good at your job.
- Great benefits, good pay that gets even better if you succeed.
Strong emphasis on honest feedback at all levels and improved processes mean that challenges get addressed head on. There are multiple paths for all staff to share their opinions about how the company can improve. Anonymous questions and concerns submitted to senior staff are openly discussed on weekly staff calls. Processes to support staff especially at the junior level mean you will get substantial training and coaching.
Compensation is very fair. Junior staff have received higher bonuses during years where profits were exceptional.
- Non-profit clients means pay is lower than agencies that service for-profit industries.
- Lot of tedious work for entry level staff.
- Campaign-style workload sometimes can feel overwhelming.
Workload can be high, but this is true at all levels. Management is continually working to improve the experience, including by hiring additional staff to create excess capacity.
Advice to Management
Continue to invest in staff. Stay open and transparent about business operations. Solicit input from staff more aggressively to get out ahead of problem areas.
I applied through other source. I interviewed at M+R (New York, NY) in May 2017.
Phone screen for about 30 minutes with the VP of people. Basic questions about background and interests. 2 hour timed skills test is next, it involves some writing and editing, excel, and an HTML/CSS reproduction. Last step is an hour and a half in person interview with 3 members of the company. High emphasis placed on time management, organization, and attention to detail.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –