M+R Interview Questions | Glassdoor

M+R Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at M+R (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen for about 30 minutes with the VP of people. Basic questions about background and interests. 2 hour timed skills test is next, it involves some writing and editing, excel, and an HTML/CSS reproduction. Last step is an hour and a half in person interview with 3 members of the company. High emphasis placed on time management, organization, and attention to detail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M+R (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied via email, then had a phone interview. During the phone interview, they were pretty abrasive about their salary ceiling for the position. I explained their ceiling was less than what I was currently making, and they said they could probably match, but it would be very difficult for me to get a raise.

I took a skills test after that, which was pretty easy. From there, I had an in-person interview, where I interviewed with three consecutive people. This was an incredibly long and convoluted process.

A few weeks after the multi-person interview, I received an email explaining they couldn't make an offer.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at M+R (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview scheduled within a couple of days that was pretty easy. Just some simple questions about experience. Then was invited for an in person interview that went well. The in person interview lasted for about an hour. Very nice hardworking ladies were looking to hire someone as hardworking as they are. Then I was invited again to meet the team and chat. It didn't take a long time. But never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about experience, professional etiquette, hard work.   Answer Question

PR Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M+R in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online heard back that week. Had a phone call with HR/VP, she's in Washington D.C. Easy phone call, usual questions. Also asked if I'd be interested in the internship (which I said I wasn't). Waited about a month, called and was told I'd get a response soon. Got an email that they'd hired someone else.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at M+R (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the entire process from application, phone interview to in-person interview took about 4 - 5 weeks. First a phone interview with the hiring manager. If you advance, you'll be sent a skills test consisting of an HTML test, an Excel/data test, a writing/grammar test and also you'll be asked to write the lede for an email. Next is Then an in-person interview with 2 - 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to recreate an HTML email for the HTML test and do a good bit of data manipulation for the Excel test. You should also be ready to write an email lede if you apply for a Senior Associate position.   Answer Question

Field Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M+R (Helena, MT) in March 2014.

Interview

I sent a cold email to the info@ email address on the campaign website. I heard back within the week and an interview was scheduled. It was a relatively laid back interview process and the questions were pretty standard - nothing out of left field.

Interview Questions

• How I would be able to motivate volunteers to contribute to the campaign on warm summer weekends when they would want to be out on the water?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at M+R in March 2012.

Interview

Pretty thorough hiring process: First a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a skills test consisting of an HTML test, an Excel/data test, and a writing/grammar test. Then there's an in-person interview with 3 people. Then the offer.

I'd been told key things to talk about during the interview: specifically technical experience and passion about the field of work (progressive non-profits, making the world a better place, using technology for communications, etc.). These talking points definitely seemed to help. You can tell they want "go-getter" people who are going to take charge and figure stuff out on their own.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to recreate an HTML email for the HTML test and do a good bit of data manipulation for the Excel test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me the salary was non-negotiable, so I didn't try. Turns out from fellow employees that it is!

Online Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at M+R (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

two phone interviews, first one on one, then with two people higher up in the company, an hour long test that had some HTML coding, data cleanup in excel and copywriting, next an in-person interview, way too involved for this position compared to other interview processes I did at comparable companies

Interview Questions

• Recreate this page in HTML (they send you a screenshot)   Answer Question

better pay and more exciting job elsewhere

Online Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at M+R in June 2016.

Interview

Very fast response rate - I received an invitation to interview just 3 days after applying for the position. The interview lasted for about forty five minutes. We discussed why the role interested me, my CV and academic background, and we talked about current political issues. Asked what causes I am particularly passionate about. Great experience. After the interview we arranged for a follow up skills test relating to custom HTML and Excel.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience balancing multiple projects at once?   Answer Question