Mission: We are striving every day to deliver simply smarter communications with innovative design and technology.
I have been working at Plantronics full-time (More than a year)
• Good work life balance
• Strong employee benefits (stock, healthcare, allowance for education, etc)
• Great team camaraderie
• Open office work stations or work at your own desk
• Remote working
• Driving over highway 17 during the winter is a pain (accidents)
• There are divides between different teams within the organization but what company doesn't have this? If every team agreed with each other, then the company wouldn't grow and people wont learn from one another
• People do feel entitled at the company because they have been there for years
• Some people don't like the new CEO's tactics (you will hear it), probably because they are use to Ken. Plantronics is a legacy tech company and we need to shake things up...Joe is doing this. We are staying true to what we do best (enterprise) but we are also trying new things where in the future we might look back and say "Wow...that calculated risk paid off."
Advice to Management
Stay true to your word and don't let your associates down.
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Plantronics (Santa Cruz, CA).
Lengthy process over four months involving multiple phone conversations with recruiters - (including one who went line by line with the job description asking if I had that experience- yes/no), video conferences with key stakeholders, in-person interviews with potential peers, hiring manager, VPs. Process also included personality test (Results were shared with me). Nice people, and I was treated well throughout the interview process.