KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 61 of over 67 reviews

4.2
A-dec CEO Scott Parrish
Scott Parrish
Pros
  • "My favorite thing about working at A-dec was the emphasis of the A-(in 8 reviews)

• "Great benefits (though not offered to interns)(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be a bit bureaucratic when it comes to make changes in either the design, or process at A-dec(in 4 reviews)

• "people have resigned (in a company of only 1200) and it's not just for the Newberg commute(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great company

Dec 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Promotion from within 2) Great benefits 3) Good company culture

Cons

Job can be stressful at times, and there are certain areas of the company where it is not as pleasant to work in

Global People and Culture

Your review is so appreciated! Thank you for your input and we are happy to hear you’re enjoying A-dec's benefits and company culture. To share more feedback, please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

2. 5.0

Great culture

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great mid-size company with great culture

Cons

Based in Oregon near Portland. This used to be a good thing.

Continue reading

Global People and Culture

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback! We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience and our unique culture here at A-dec. Additionally, we thank you for over 10 years of service! If you have any further feedback to share please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It Used To Be Great

Oct 3, 2021 - Machine Operator
      Business Outlook

Pros

The facilities are kept very clean and the campus is very nice and well-maintained.

Cons

A-Dec built it's reputation on of being a great place to work in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. But this is no longer the case. It is often talked about A-Dec's quality of people however, most of my coworkers were extremely toxic people and I dreaded coming into work. I have seen people literally taking notes on people's habit and looking for reasons to complain to direct management. I complained about this practice and it fell on deaf ears. There is and endless stream of childish, high-school drama as a result, but again management does not care. Many of the people whom I interacted with across the company said they were underpaid compared to similar positions at other companies they had worked. Management has no idea how to run a manufacturing environment, making nonsensical decisions that hurt shop performance while demanding higher output. Expect to work endless overtime as a result. The work/life balance is a marketing point in the new-hire onboarding. But yet the amount of time I actually got 3 days off a week over my 4 years was probably closer to 8 months. Due to the ridiculous shift-schedule you are unable to have a work/life balance, it's just work or life. The opportunities for advancement are basically none-existent and the opportunities that do exist are gated behind joining the A-Dec Cult. You are only allowed to advance if you adopt the proprietary language and system of right/wrong speak. They worship the founder of the company, and there is an internal company document of 'guiding principals' that they adhere to both in and out of work and it's all very unsettling, I've never worked anywhere that required this level of total mind and lifestyle alternation to advance. You should expect to not advance very far unless you also start toeing the weird, fake, self-help lifestyle.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

Good place to work

Nov 8, 2021 - Powder Coater
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is nice Lost of overtime Good benefits

Cons

People don’t seem to stay long

Global People and Culture

We appreciate your review! It is great to hear about your experience at A-dec and we are happy to learn that you enjoy our benefits and people. If there is additional feedback that you would like to share, please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Adec

Sep 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great, multiple shifts available

Cons

Long days, no flexibility, fast

Global People and Culture

We appreciate your thoughtful review! It is great to hear about your personal experience and we are happy to learn that you enjoyed our benefits and shift options. If there is more feedback that you would like to share, please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

6. 5.0

Great company!

Aug 26, 2021 - Unit Specialist in Newberg, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, People, Room for advancement and Pay

Cons

There are no cons for me.

Global People and Culture

Your feedback is so appreciated! Thank you for your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at A-dec. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company!

Aug 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is strong, family oriented company, good pay, friendly coworkers

Cons

The commute to Newberg from Portland is pretty far for me.

Global People and Culture

We appreciate your thoughtful review! Thank you for your years of service. It is nice to hear about your personal experience and that you enjoy our culture and friendly coworkers. If there is additional feedback that you would like to share, please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Sep 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy being able to work here

Cons

Tons of over time to be done during holiday

Global People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at A-dec! If you have further feedback to share please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

9. 5.0

great place to work

Jul 8, 2021 - Cabinet Maker III in Newberg, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

they take care of employees

Cons

some areas can be a little repetitive.

Global People and Culture

We appreciate your review! It is great to hear about your personal experience and we are happy to learn that you feel A-dec is a great place to work. If there is additional feedback that you would like to share now or in the future, please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

10. 3.0

No life balance

Aug 19, 2021 - Upholstery Assembly
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, the people like family. Been working here for 16 years.

Cons

No life balance, way to much overtime and since the owners pass alot has change.

Global People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share a review and mentioning our benefits and culture. We are also grateful for your 16 years of service! We’d love to learn more about your individual experience. Please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Reviews

A-dec Reviews FAQs

84% of A-dec employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated A-dec 4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at A-dec to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with A-dec Job Seekers