AC Martin Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

AC Martin Partners Reviews

Found 8 reviews

3.4
Chris Martin

"This is a great company to work for"

Current Employee - IT Support in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AC Martin Partners full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Its a great company to work for. THe company culture is great and everyone is very nice and cares about the employees

Cons

It is a very great environment

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

AC Martin Partners2014-11-04
  2. "anonymous former employee"

I worked at AC Martin Partners full-time

Pros

growing company that seems financially secure

Cons

none that I can think og

Advice to Management

keep up the good work in the future

AC Martin Partners2018-12-14
  3. "Designer"

Current Employee - Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AC Martin Partners full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Support employees at the management level; senior management care for people first.

Cons

That same care for people also means that they put fiscal responsibility in front of design excellence or effort. For some a pro, for some a con.

Advice to Management

We need to pay more attention to the gap widening between the knowledge of the older generation and the younger generation imputing the work into increasingly digital formats. Creates QAQC gaps and wasted effort for everyone.

AC Martin Partners2018-08-23
  4. "Architectural Mentee"

Former Employee - Architectural Mentee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AC Martin Partners for more than 2 years

Pros

People are very friendly and energetic

Cons

Program content is unique and simple

AC Martin Partners2018-01-09
  5. "acm"

I have been working at AC Martin Partners full-time

Pros

The people at the firm are great. The 9,9,9,9,4 work week is awesome for downtown.

Cons

The firm is still very old school in its hierarchy and organizational model. It feels very departmentalized. And this is killer for a young aspiring architect to get pigeon-holed early in his career.

Advice to Management

Invest in the future of your employees. Allow them to move laterally in the organisation as well vertically.

AC Martin Partners2016-08-11

"Biased review"

Current Employee - Architectural Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AC Martin Partners full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Centralized location. Proximity to public transportation. Rich history in the LA area. No frenetic cutthroat schedules and hours like in 80% of all other architecture firms.

Cons

Upper management has no regard for employees. Compensation on the low side, and comprehensive health/dental/vision coverage was inexistent, in spite of being there for over a year. Company has little to no regard for employee development. The lunch-n-learns are lame, and just an excuse to rob you of your free time with the enticement of a free lunch and an unsolicited sales-pitch from a vendor.

Advice to Management

Especially you Mr. Martin, how about taking a lower salary and caring for your employees a little better. Little to no office culture. All departments seem to be completely disconnected. There is a second company present (Togawa Smith Martin) who are oblivious to AC Martin and vice versa the majority of the time.

AC Martin Partners2014-04-07

"AC Martin Partners Review"

Former Employee - Production in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AC Martin Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office is very functional and well designed. I had ample work space. The overall office is an open plan. The office has some great projects that they work on too.

Cons

I was inspired to write a review when I read what was currently posted. A similar situation happened to me when I was there but my advice to the Architectural Designer is that the company and you were not a good fit for both the firm and Designer and move on. When one door closes another door opens. As for your fellow employees, all you can do is work with them as best you can despite their unprofessionalism so...

Advice to Management

I was assigned to a Mentor at AC Martin, but sadly, this person made no effort to acclamate me to the office culture so my suggestion is to really pick people who want to bring new employees up to speed with the office and staff.

AC Martin Partners2013-01-24

"I had a horrible experience working here!"

Former Employee - Architectural Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AC Martin Partners full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Nice atmosphere - office is nice design. My boss was cool to work for but it was short lived. There are some cool people who work here that are extremely talented and friendly. That is the minority unfortunately. Projects are interesting.

Cons

The particular studio that I worked for consisted of the meanest people who were passive aggressive individuals that I have ever worked for. The PM that I worked for had zero communication skills, no people skills, never responded to my questions via email or in person. He was hands down the worst architect to work under. I tried to express my concerns with my boss but he basically ignored me and told me to try and...

Advice to Management

Upper management never gave me an opportunity to handle my situation with the PM because I was new. I am so over this company and have since moved on.

AC Martin Partners2012-09-13