AMEC Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2019

3.7
AMEC Founder and President Guy Mazzola
Guy Mazzola
  1. "Great company with huge growth potential"

I have been working at AMEC full-time

Pros

AMEC is a very dynamic company. Having started out as a small carting company, it has grown into one of the largest sitework companies in Connecticut. AMEC continues to expand into other construction areas creating lots of opportunities to advance and grow into new disciplines.

Cons

As is typical of a growing company, a lot has to get done by a few. But this allows the wheat to separate from the chaff.

Advice to Management

Maintain focus and adhere to the company principles that have been established.

AMEC2017-03-26
  2. "Construction Oversight"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at AMEC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Knowledge base with Senior perfessionals

Cons

Great company with excellent benefits

Advice to Management

Create resume pool within company website allowing individuals to submit for future employment positions. Worked with AMEC 20 years and looking for re-employment.

AMEC2019-10-26
  3. "Great place to start and gain experience"

I worked at AMEC full-time

Pros

Great place to start your career, relatively easy to get hired with lots of opportunities to gain useful experience

Cons

Typical with most growing companies too few employees get to do a lot of work, but hey you get a chance to learn a lot too and broaden your skills set

AMEC2019-04-19
  4. "Long term is not an option"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at AMEC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is great. Co-workers are fun to work with. Management have great, welcoming personalities.

Cons

Not challenging enough. The IT issues were entry level. In one whole working day, the only thing I've resolved was a printer problem which I've resolved in 5 minutes or less.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration your employees insights.

AMEC2017-06-07
  5. "Driver"

I worked at AMEC full-time

Pros

I have no pros

Cons

If your not a butt kiss you will not last more then 3/4 months thay push and push All ways watch your back

AMEC2017-03-28
  6. "A Great Company"

I have been working at AMEC full-time

Pros

-Company Core Values that are aligned with fundamental human values. -Ownership and Upper Management truly care for their employees and their families. -Team Environment where everyone is willing to help each other.

Cons

-Benefits package could be improved and most likely will be as the company grows.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The continued growth and success of the company starts with the decisions you make. Continue to focus on building the right teams for the right jobs.

AMEC2017-02-01
  7. "Great Experience so far."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at AMEC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at AMEC for 3 years now. I thrive off the Data-driven, savvy environment. I have been actively involved with some Interesting, Construction Projects. The company is rapidly growing and many leaderships opportunities exist. I encounter unique challenges every day. The people are very friendly and approachable.

Cons

The Communication between departments can be lacking sometimes. This is a relatively younger company (15 years old) so some Protocols and Procedures are still being refined. Team members have been pretty open to feedback once a problem is identified.

Advice to Management

No advice needed. You have a great staff. Maybe some more community opportunities and outreach would be nice. I miss doing that with my prior employers.

AMEC2017-02-01

"I love this place!"

I have been working at AMEC full-time

Pros

The people are great and the company is like a freight train-unstoppable!

Cons

Not being able to find enough talent as quickly as we need it is pretty much the only issue I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep hiring good people! Your involvement shows that you really care.

AMEC2017-01-27

"Great Growing Company"

Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at AMEC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The number one reason I like working at AMEC is the owner of the company has a passion and love for the business that I have never seen from anyone I have ever worked for. He trusts his employees to do the job they are hired to do and is not a micro manager. It is a pleasure to have a boss with a work ethic like no other. I highly recommend anyone that has the opportunity to work here to give it a try.

Cons

If I had to pick a con I would say being we are growing so fast that it's hard to keep up with the pace so if everyone isn't in sync things tend to fall behind with invoicing and requisitions causing that domino effect that doesn't make our subs and vendors as current as we would like. Most understand knowing that they always get paid.

Advice to Management

Always continue to promote within and continue to be open and honest with all the decisions that are made as you have always been.

AMEC2017-01-25

"Great Experience so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at AMEC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amec is a solid growing company, and always caring about having the latest software to perform your duties. Amec has a team of professionals with great experience and ethics.

Cons

Needs to Improve the channels of communication and feedback between departments. And also visualize the responsibilities and achievements like a contribution of all, this way promotes to work as a team.

Advice to Management

Amec needs a better process of induction and training for new and current employees to get a better performance in all the tools/software owners have invested.

AMEC2017-01-26