APMEX Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Product Puller"

Current Employee - Vault Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Vault Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at APMEX part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to move into new roles in Operations Department

Make the same as long time experienced workers (2-3 years+), watch them leave and get their job, ... free lunches.

Company promised to offer valuable Excel classes to any employees who are interested: great opportunity to learn advanced and in demand computer skills. great company to sign onto...

Cons

Hours fluctuate- the military background guys hate this place. it is unpredictable from day to day about the time you arrive and the time you depart. Seriously, I never knew if i would come in at 7 am, 8 am, or 9 am, and never knew if I would leave at 4 pm, 5pm, 6pm, etc. .. Long story short, if you can come in between 7 and 9 am, and leave when management tells you, ( 4pm, or 6pm, or 8pm) then you may love this position.

Also, there are lots of people hired for this position. I want to say they have hired 20-30 "product pullers" this year alone,FYI.

Advice to Management

From the Operations Department: It would be nice to provide some El Dorado general training, also Excel training, we need it!

One of our competitors,AMark, just invested $2-3 Million of their yearly budget, on an ERP system to help their employees, here at apmex, we struggle with our in house built antiquated software, how can we level the playing field in terms of technology?

2. "Product Puller/Double Checker"

Former Employee - Product Puller in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Product Puller in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at APMEX part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses, free parking, free lunch, location, and great friendly employees.

Cons

No life/work balance, lack of communication, poor management. You will not know what time you get out. Sometimes the supervisors won't even tell you till 2-3pm. Also you will not know if you have to come in on a holiday till 1 or 2 days before. Job is monday - friday, and a lot of Saturdays through Nov-Jan. People also tend to look down at the vault employees. Standing or moving 10-12 hours a day.

Advice to Management

There is a huge lack of communication. One management team will tell an employee one thing, then one person will tell the employee another. Everyone wants something done a different way.

3. "Bullion Director"

I worked at APMEX full-time

Pros

The hard work and dedication of fellow employees

Cons

Upper Managements inability to grow the company

Advice to Management

Plot short and long term direction for the company, provide your employees with the resources to accomplish the task and take responsibility for the outcomes either positive or negative.

4. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at APMEX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth Opportunity, fast paced environment that challenges you to think critically

Cons

Compensation isn't a priority, the company tries to ask for much more work without recognition.

Advice to Management

Recognize/praise employees for solid work and have management focus on more executive endeavors.

"Numismatist"

Former Employee - Numismatist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Numismatist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at APMEX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wide variety of products and always learning new things.

Cons

The owner changed course back in 2012 and decided to hire a lot of people with business degrees and steer away from people with product knowledge (which is a must in the coin business!) The company used to have a family atmosphere, but that is gone.

Advice to Management

Show more loyalty to the employees who helped grow the company! The people running the company, CEO, VP's, dept. heads have coin knowledge to the extent of coins are round discs of metal that you put in vending machines!

6. "Great at what they do"

I have been working at APMEX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are really good at what they do and that inspires an environment of excellence. Not only that, but they are great people to work with as well.

Cons

Executive leadership can sometimes stonewall ideas without fully hearing them out and understanding why they are being proposed.

Jun 5, 2017 – Culture and Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking time to write your review! The people of APMEX are definitely the best part about working here. We hear your concerns about idea submissions and will pass your points along to... More

7. "shipping"

I have been working at APMEX part-time

Pros

good management, paid time off, lunch included and dinner

Cons

bad pay and horrible supervisors

Jun 5, 2017 – Culture and Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We apologize if you don't feel your supervisor is adequately meeting your needs. We will work with them on training and development and we... More

"Good and Bad"

Former Employee - Director of Site Merchandising in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Director of Site Merchandising in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at APMEX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From the owner to the seasonal employee, everyone works hard. Senior leadership works as hard (if not harder) than anyone. Leadership is business savvy and makes good decisions. The business is successful and should have a strong future.

Cons

Senior leadership is selfish. They seem to go out of their way to be rude. You really have to watch your back at APMEX.

Apr 4, 2017 – Culture and Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of APMEX. The team here is definitely one of the best parts about working at APMEX. We apologize that the experience you had with senior leadership... More

9. "Vault Employee"

Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at APMEX part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of fun cool people to be around while at work.

Cons

Long hours on your feet, standing and moving around.

Advice to Management

Make the vault employees feel more important.

Jan 6, 2017 – Culture and Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad that you have fun at APMEX and enjoy your co-workers. Our Operations team is an integral part of our company, the commitment to our customers is unmatched... More

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Marketing in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at APMEX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers. The high-paced job forced me to independently research and learn valuable hi-tech marketing practices without in-house support. Our marketing team practiced cutting edge technology in email marketig, social media, digital advertising, web interface and analytics; however, the behind-the-times CEO said, "Who is Google anyways? God?" My coworkers and I still laugh about comment made over 5 years ago.

Cons

Poor loyalty and cold-heartedness to hard-working, committed employees of the marketing department.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more respect, training and appreciation. They work hard only because they support their family-like coworkers, not management.

Jan 6, 2017 – Culture and Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. We’re glad that you were able to experience a great team and use cutting edge technology to assist your professional growth. We apologize that you... More