ATX Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Millstein

1. "Politics galore"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

Very interesting business to be in. You get to work with major Auto manufacturers on technology that is still 2-3 years from hitting showrooms.

Cons

Very politically charged environment. Tacit caste system where TX employees are considered inferior to MA based employees. Difficult to be taken seriously by "home office"

2. "The thrill is gone."

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Irving, TX

Pros

It's interesting to see the development of and growth of the telematics business over the years. Some employees still place value in delivering exceptional service.

Cons

We keep hearing that it is a new day at ATX and that we're embarking on a "new frontier". So far this frontier promotes a "hard sale by any means necessary" and "fill butts in seats regardless of qualifying to perform the tasks" mentality. We're under-training and putting unreasonable expectations on our employees in order push our better, tenured, higher-paid employees out of the door in the name of "natural attrition". The company would rather promote from the outside than within. We're taking ridiculous short-cuts and encouraging our agents to lie to our customers and provide a service that is still being developed. I'm embarrassed to work here and look forward to the day and I join an organization that respects and exemplifies legendary customer service. The new response director is clearly uninformed and just taking orders from the MA big-wigs. She has no direct answers about the decisions "she" makes because "she" does not make any of her own.

Advice to Management

Be honest about your MO. Stop taking shortcuts and go back to placing value on and rewarding your hard-workers. Do something to attract and retain competent employees.

3. "Losing ground, dying company in an obsolete business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

Nice offices, location
    Good comp, benefits
    Some good managers who really care
    Some cool technology
    Used to be a leader, innovator
    Energetic CEO

Cons

Lack of innovation, strategy. Quality problems. Lost two biggest customers. Too many projects with not enough time. New leadership has limited experience and has nit actually delivered products. Too much us and them in marketing, innovation - they compete instead of cooperate.

Advice to Management

Focus on delivering new programs well. Stop losing customers because they are dissatisfied. Have some new ideas, innovation that's sensible and not pie in the sky.

5. "Lack of leadership did not improve with CCA acquisition"

Current Employee - Director in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Irving, TX

Pros

There are a few good people

Cons

Lack of leadership from the top, lack communication about direction and organization goals, no incentive to improve how the business operates.

Advice to Management

Step down. Allow new people with real ideas about how to operate in a more competitive environment. Too many sr managers lack leadership skills.

6. "Good solid organization"

Pros

Fun place to work. Lots of challenges

Cons

You will have to love your job as you will work real hard

7. "this company sucks!"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

Pros

There arent any processes defined, everyone does whatever they want.

Cons

too much politics and confusion

Advice to Management

they all should leave