Acquirent Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Acquirent Chairman and CEO Joseph Flanagan
Joseph Flanagan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Acquirent really is a great place to start your sales career, advance your sales career or throw down some roots to hone your management skills (in 10 reviews)

• Acquirent Interns are required to participate in hands on sales training (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Only thing is that there is no real room for growth within the company (in 5 reviews)

• Very high turnover- as with most entry level sales positions, people are constantly coming and going (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Not just a number here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Acquirent is unlike any other sales company I have worked for in my career, going above and beyond to focus on the development of their teams and each individual rep. From training to mentorship to the bolstering of the management team, Acquirent is keyed in on their most important asset, their sales people. Walking into Acquirent, you will feel the buzz and warmness of the culture as well as observe the eagerness of the community to welcome in any visitor, guest speaker, new hire or anyone else that may walk through our doors. It is a positive, dynamic and exciting atmosphere that attracts a wide variety of clients and sales people. Working in downtown Evanston is great, not as busy as Chicago but still all the amenities of the big city. Acquirent really is a great place to start your sales career, advance your sales career or throw down some roots to hone your management skills.

Cons

Sales is a dynamic environment, things are constantly changing and Acquirent is no exception. In order to be successful in this environment or any sales position nowadays, one needs to not only be open to change but embrace it.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to bring on strong clients!

2. "Great Place"

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Treated me very well throughout my time here

Cons

Can't think of any cons

3. "If you're happy with the account then you'll like your job."

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Evanston, IL

I worked at Acquirent (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and support. Lively company and people. Training for continuous education of tactics and skills. Open kitchen with snacks and coffee. If you do choose their insurance plan, go with the highest one...it will actually save you money in the long run if you need to use it (Found out the hard way).

Cons

Outsourced sales company so if the client of Acquirent (the people who pay you) doesn't have all of their ducks in a row it could greatly impact your day-to-day. ACQ will try their best to provide you with all the tools for success but if you're on a bad account then there is only so much ACQ can do.

4. "Great Place to Start"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Evanston, IL

I worked at Acquirent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly work atmosphere
    Easy to reach in Downtown Evanston
    Tons of Opportunities for training

Cons

Pay is low, and you are cold calling all day.

5. "Sales Representitive"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-great introduction to the sales world
    -great base starting salary with commissions
    -great work culture

Cons

-Is sales so can be competitive
    -can be a pain to wait to see if you get hired after job interview. need to keep following up human resources with email and calls

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

Jun 22, 2017 – Recruiting and HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback and glad to hear it has been a positive experience for you overall. Regarding your comments on the hiring process, we are always cognizant that our process is different... More

6. "Poorly Managed, Unfair Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of restaurants nearby. Easy access to purple line.

Cons

Management plays favorites. I've seen some pretty girls and frat guys not make a single dial in the day. When a particular campaign fails (no surprise), they get passed from client to client to keep their jobs. In the meantime, the managers will bear down on the workhorse employees to keep the numbers up. Kind of a scam. Managers are also freely express controversial views about political topics. Lots of Trump votes.

Advice to Management

Try to be fair to all employees and don't play hardcore favorites.

Jun 27, 2017 – Executive Vice President

Thank you for your candor as we greatly appreciate it. Acquirent has always pride ourselves on being a transparent, fair and safe place to come to work. We believe we have a great culture and... More

"Honestly, it's a wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company run by people who legitimately care about everyone who works here. The VP and CEO know everyone by name, they trust the employees to do their jobs well without micromanagement, and they even provide snacks! There is a company-wide meeting every morning, which starts the day on an energetic, positive note. There are also workshops for things like goal-setting and teamwork, which are always entertaining and informative. I can see myself staying here for quite some time.

Cons

None that I have seen yet, and I have been here for roughly three months. Morale is high among entry-level employees and management alike.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, because it's fantastic!

May 12, 2017 – Recruiting and HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback and we are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience! We have worked hard to create an environment where team members feel valued and comfortable. With that... More

"Sales Executive"

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Acquirent has a great company culture and it is hard to find a better group of people to work with in sales. I started at this company right out of college and it was a great place to develop skills and grow as a professional in a positive environment.

Cons

There is no real career path. If you are ambitious and goal oriented use this job as a resume builder.

9. "Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Evanston, IL

I worked at Acquirent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is great for sales and is a young environment. They have event incentives which allow you to get to know your colleagues.

Cons

The pay is low for the average job you will have and the commissions are never what they promise. There is no real career path to stay within the ACQ.

Advice to Management

Extend initial contracts with clients

May 12, 2017 – Recruiting and HR Manager

Thank you for the candid feedback. It is this type of insight that can help us continuously improve on areas. Due to the nature of our business, commissions can vary dependent on each client... More

"Great Work Environment"

I have been working at Acquirent full-time

Pros

The work environment at Acquirent is amazing. The people are great and the atmosphere is a lot of fun. Sales meetings every morning at 8 A.M. gets everyone ready to have a big day.

Cons

I honestly haven't come across any yet. For some people the commute to Evanston can be long.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. This sales job has been by far the best I have come across thus far.