76% would recommend to a friend
(290 total reviews)
61% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Acumen
3 years ago
Quick question for Salesforce employees who joined the family as a merger (like tableau or mulesoft ). Did you get a raise based your position vs Salesforce positions? Wondering any adjustments take place . My wife now works for Acumen and Salesforce just bought Acumen .
Got a burning question about Acumen? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Acumen employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Nice people and generous on H1B applications" (in 25 reviews)
- "All administrative teams are friendly and helpful." (in 14 reviews)
- "Talented and friendly coworkers" (in 12 reviews)
- "Worked on interesting projects and learned a lot." (in 6 reviews)
- "Friendly work environment, a lot of opportunities for new grads" (in 5 reviews)
- "Your life quality hinges upon the quality of your supervisor; not everyone gets assigned good managers;" (in 33 reviews)
- "Salaries are low if you look at it from a tech company perspective but high if you look at it from a public policy perspective." (in 26 reviews)
- "A lot of teams suffer from poor management." (in 22 reviews)
- "Pay is low in general and insanely low for the area." (in 20 reviews)
- "Hard for juniors to get a big picture of the projects they are doing; benefits are poor" (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Acumen and is not affected by filters.
Found 290 of over 318 reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWOct 13, 2023Data and Policy Analyst ICurrent Employee, less than 1 yearWashington, DC
Great work life balance. Decent salary for new graduate. Nice company culture.
Non-profit company providing non-profit H1B
- 4.0Nov 18, 2023Research Operations AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBurlingame, CA
Great opportunity for international students, provides entry-level training, and encourages in-company growth.
No transparency around actual work hours, and sometimes communication discord between managers and their teams. Forcing people to work in office but also reducing in-office perks.
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023Administrative AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBurlingame, CA
Food Programs, Hours, flexible schedule
Pay is low for the amount of work, Management issues
- 3.0Sep 2, 2023Policy LeadCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Jose, CA
Interesting and impactful work, most co-workers are smart, some clients can have interesting projects that you may get to work on. Starting pay is abysmal but pay is very competitive as you gain more seniority and tenure.
Very rare to see employees who have been around for more than 5 years unless they are “stuck” because of visa concerns/ have developed very specific and narrow skills that would make it hard for them to change jobs. No consistency across company with work life balance, promotions, pay, or opportunities to pursue cool opportunities. Some managers have terrible reputations and are known bullies, but continue getting promoted because they are willing to work insane hours and push their direct reports to their breaking point. Many employees are burnt out, but the company doesn’t seem to care about taking feedback seriously/ taking steps to improve the culture/ providing more wellness support. Newly introduced remote employee rules and pay cuts are discriminatory towards new parents/ employees with health concerns that may prevent them from working in-person.
- 3.0Sep 5, 2023Data and Policy AnalystCurrent EmployeeBurlingame, CA
Super kind and intelligent coworkers. People who want to make a big difference and really mean it. The work you do is so impactful and it really warms your heart to have this chance. Most teams are welcoming and the onboarding process is super helpful for future work down the line. Views of the ocean are also gorgeous.
Pay is low in general and insanely low for the area. The pay between each level of a DPA coming into the company is pretty similar and it's not great. Additionally, the premiums for good health insurance plans are high. Not an abundance of snacks other than the vending machine you have to pay for. I think the tradeoff is you get to do great work but it's hard to stay when you have bills to pay sadly.2
- 3.0Sep 21, 2023AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
- Compassionate, intelligent people - Interesting and impactful work - Knowing you make a difference on a day to day - jacqueline is super inspiring!
- Really, really hard to get a promotion / advance in your career. Very much a culture of "if you don't like it, leave." I had coworkers who grinded for 2 years to not get a promotion - Management roles hoarded by few people - Can be slow moving - Low transparency
- 5.0Sep 5, 2023Data and Policy AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBurlingame, CA
Acumen provides plenty of opportunities to grow within the company. You learn from others and the environment is very friendly.
Depending on the team, your skills may be limited.
Acumen Reviews FAQs
Acumen has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 318 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Acumen to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
76% of Acumen employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Acumen 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.