Acumen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2018

2.7

Data and Policy Analyst-- Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acumen (Washington, DC) in December 2017.

Interview

First, I received a data exercise which should spend no more than two hours, after I submitted my answer, I received a phone interview which was totally based on the exercise. There was no right answer I guess, if you could justify why you do certain analyses, that would be OK. Then, I got the on-site interview. A simple logic test and three rounds one on one interview with different project managers. Be sure to know every detail about your experiences on the resume. And I had a small quiz with one of the manager, he asked about questions based on his previous projects.

Interview Questions

• Which project on your resume do you find most interesting and tell me more about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I learned about this company from the my school's job page. I applied on Acumen's website. I submitted resume, cover letter and some coding examples, and may have answered a lot of other questions. One week later they sent me an exercise problem to work on. I did it and they arranged a phone interview. The interview was with a data analyst and we went over the exercise problem I did, and chatted a little. Within two weeks I was scheduled for an on-site interview. The on-site interview included a written test and meeting with four employees. The written test was fun. The employees went over my resume and asked questions involving data analysis. They were smart people and very friendly. Lunch was not provided although you could get some snacks and coffee. Within three weeks I received an offer.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen (Washington, DC) in December 2017.

Interview

Problem set with data analysis, one week later phone review; most questions are about the problem set given earlier. Got onsite interview at Washington D.C. had a one hour writing test on basic stats and three one-to-one interview on the company and stats.

Interview Questions

• Q: what do you know about healthcare and data involved in healthcare policies   Answer Question

Data and Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen.

Interview

They sent me a data exercise. After I submitted, they invited me a phone interview to talk about this exercise. Why do you choose this model? How do you think about this data? How to clean data?

Then, I got the onsite interview. After a simple probability test, I interviewed with 4 people. They mainly asked questions about projects I did.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Dec 8, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on your interview experience with us.

Data and Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen in November 2017.

Interview

After I submit my application online, I received a data exercise a month later. The data exercise is not very difficult in general. It should be handed in within one week. Then I had a phone interview with a current employee at their DC office. The phone interview is a thorough review of my data exercise. I need to explain my methods and results at each question. I think I didn't do well in one question about how to improve a plot to show the association between the outcome with a covariate. I was stuck with it and didn't give a better solution.

Interview Questions

• How to improve this plot to show the association between the outcome with a covariate?   Answer Question

Dec 8, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on your interview experience.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen in November 2017.

Interview

It was a good interview experience. The HR arrange the interviews very organized. There is a data excersice and there is a phone screen. During onsite Interview, most of the questions are about my resume. Some technicial questions were involved but not very hard. Demonstrated your interest on healthcare data is important.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on time and I was invited to finish a take home challenge, one phone interview, then onsite. The whole process is very clear. Also, hr are quite nice. I really like the company. It is located near the sea and has beautiful view.

Data Systems Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Referred by an employee at the company who thought this would be a good opportunity for me. I had two phone interviews, one with a current Data Systems Programmer and one with a current Senior Data Systems Programmer which took about 30 minutes each. After my second call, I was not offered to interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• What skills and background do you have that are relevant to the position (programming languages, past projects, etc.)? Mainly looking for software development experience.   Answer Question
    • Can you describe projects you've worked on with databases and the experience you have with ETL operations and management systems?   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Initially had two rounds of phone interviews and then called on-site for final round of interview. There I had three rounds of interviews with various Teammates followed by having lunch at nearby restaurant. They reimbursed all my travel expenses. I liked the whole procedure except the last part. They gave me a reject and when asked reason for rejection I was given a harsh reply.

Dec 8, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We appreciate you leaving us a review of your interview experience. I'm sorry to hear about the last part as that is unusual for us. I'd be happy to discuss this further with you, please reach out to... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen in August 2017.

Interview

Originally applied to a posting found on the company website. Received an email asking to complete a writing test a month later. Completed a phone interview about a week later. Received a stock rejection email a week after phone interview.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Oct 6, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review.