Acumen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online via the company website, had a phone interview within a week and an onsite in the week after that. The phone interview consisted of behavioral questions. The onsite interview was a little over 4 hours long, with half hour slots with different people at different positions within the organization. All the interviews had general behavioral and situational questions, and everyone was very friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Jul 15, 2020 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Acumen.

Interview

I find the interview process pretty good in general. I was meeting with five people from different positions. Everyone is very nice and friendly. The behavior questions are typical and are not so challenging. There is also a math test on sight.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Nov 25, 2020 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, we wish you the best!

Statistical Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen in November 2020.

Interview

First, the company sends an excel exercise project for me. The company suggests that this work should be done within two hours. And the whole project's time limit is one week. Then, after I submitting back to the recruiter, I receive the phone interview the next day.

Policy Analyst Interview

Interview

Only 3 questions, similar with what I saw on Glassdoor before, but each question contains many small questions, so I guess you need to give them a very specific answer.

Interview Questions

• Why position, why company, where do you see yourself 5 years later, research skills   Answer Question

Nov 3, 2020 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review, we wish you the best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acumen (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2020.

Interview

- After you submit your application and if you get to the next round, recruiters will ask you to submit coding sample and resume. If you pass that, recruiters will send you a coding test.

- 1st round interview: after your coding test, you would have a 30 min call with someone to discuss the coding test. The whole process is very relaxing and really nothing to worry about.

-2nd round: The 2nd round is supposed to be an "on-site" interview. But due to covid, they will ask you do a zoom interview. The whole process takes around 3 hours. I did not like my final interview because I felt the interviewers were not listening. They always liked to ask about data source, which was perhaps the most boring question that you could possibly expect about your data science project.

I have heard people waited for 5 MONTHS to get their results. I waited for three weeks and accepted another offer.

Fun fact: I received a rejection letter two weeks after my final interview. Two minutes after my rejection letter, I got an email saying "Please disregard the last email. We are still moving forward with you In-Person Interview." I completely lost interest in Acumen after this interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• - what's your favorite data science project
      - what's your data source
      - why you are interested in this position   Answer Question

Nov 23, 2020 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acumen in September 2020.

Interview

Two rounds of interview in total. The first round they asked you to finish a data challenge which you should use data analytic skills to generate insights about data. The second round was like an on-site interview where you were asked to complete a logic test and then had three people interviewing you separately.

It took 2 months to hear their decision after the virtual on-site interview. I also received a rejection letter from them and a following up email saying "please disregard the last email we are still actively considering your candidacy".

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Nov 23, 2020 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate through these uncertain times.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Acumen.

Interview

1. Writing test
    2. Phone screen with recruiter - 30 min, discussed writing test and interest in company
    3. Final interview - 1 hour logic test, then 3 back-to-back 30 min interviews with various team members. Very focused on research experience.

Interview process was seemingly well-organized, until it took 3 months (after I had already accepted and begun my next role) to receive notice that I did not get an offer. I followed up twice in that time period, and was told they had not made a decision. The very delayed notice I received was impersonal, which was unprofessional, given that I had spent several hours of my time completing their tests and speaking with team members. I highly recommend HR take more of a proactive and personal approach to recruiting, as they are likely to lose talent who is not willing to wait so long for a decision.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Sep 1, 2020 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate your feedback.

Statistical Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acumen.

Interview

First, there was Data exercise, time frame was 1-week. Followed by a phone interview to discuss about data exercise in detail and then an in-person interview.
    It took me 2 months to get my final interview.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Aug 19, 2020 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate your time and interest in Acumen.

Frontend Software Engineer-III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen in August 2020.

Interview

Received a call from the hiring manager. Just asked basic questions about experience and seemed to focus a lot of time on being overqualified for the position. Almost no technical questions at all.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Aug 21, 2020 – Application Development Director

Thanks for your review. In AppDev, our interview process usually consists of two or three rounds of interviews. You are correct: the first round is usually not technical, but rather a conversation about fit and expectations. Ultimately, it seems like the position was not a match, but we wish you success in your job search.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen.

Interview

After submitting the application, there was a data assignment. Then came a phone interview to discuss the assignment. Finally, an in person/video interview. This was the last round of the process before an offer.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Aug 19, 2020 – Recruiting Manager

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We wish you all the best.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Acumen in July 2020.

Interview

1. Submitted my application online. Got a fairly quick response (within a week) asking me to complete a data exercise (you have one week to complete it).
    2. Submitted the exercise and did not hear back.
    3. Followed up a few months later, and they responded saying they wanted to schedule a phone interview
    4. Scheduled a phone interview. Started off fairly simple - walked person through my resume. Then he asked a bunch of "what would you do if (insert issue with data here)?" Thought I absolutely failed the interview.
    5. Within a day, I was invited to partake in a three-hour long interview. First hour is a logic test, followed by two hours of interviews (about 30-minutes per interview). Similarly, received a lot of questions about my resume. There were some trickier questions, such as explaining statistical concepts/tests.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Sep 1, 2020 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and feedback.