Acumen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.7

Operations Coordinator (Research Operations Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted about 2 1/2 hours. The first hour was spent completing a logic and statistics test and the last hour and a half was spent doing three back-to-back 30 minute interviews with three different groups of employees. The recruiting coordinator also gave me a tour of the office before the test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience in which you had to act as a coordinator and how you managed the situation.   Answer Question

Apr 17, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on your interview experience.

Interview

Communication with the Recruiting department was excellent. They responded quickly to my emails and were very flexible with the scheduling process. They were extremely helpful and thoroughly answered any questions/concerns that arose. Subsequent communication with the Human Resources department were equally as good. The entire hiring and interview process was outstanding. I honestly cannot think of any area in which they need to improve. It was perfect and very structured.

Mar 27, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We appreciate the positive feedback. Both our Recruiting and HR team works hard to insure candidates and new hires have a positive experience.

Data and Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. Around two weeks later, I was required to submit coding sample. After I finished the application process, I got a data exercise which should be done in a week and scheduled a phone interview 1 week later.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving us a review, we appreciate it.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen in February 2017.

Interview

I gave them my cover letter, transcript and code sample. Then they give me the data sample which need to be done by 2 hours in a week. Then there is a phone interview talking about the dataset and the procedures about how you process the data. After one day I got the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review with the Recruiting process. We hope you enjoyed the experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Acumen (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in middle October, and recieved a request for a code sample in early December. After that they invited me for a data exercise including a dataset and three parts of questions, giving a week for me to complete. After I submitted the data exercise they scheduled a half-hour phone interview with me to go through the data exercise. In the same week they gave me a response for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What results did you get from your analysis about the dataset.   Answer Question

Jan 31, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving us a review.

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

For the onsite interview: First a probability and logic test then 3-5 interviewers will ask you some questions about your projects and some basic statistical questions. Most questions are related with what they actually do at work including how to preprocess data, how to deal with a raw dataset, how to choose an appropriate model etc.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, thank you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Acumen (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied the Data and Policy Analyst position in September. I didn't heard anything from them until I updated my application with an SAS coding sample in the end of October. An HR representative contacted me and asked me to complete a data exercise within one week. It is a data manipulation and basic analysis problem, you need to use some data cleaning and manipulation skills and knowledge about t-test and Pearson correlation. The phone interview was set up two days after I submitted the data exercise. It was a typical technical phone interview. I was asked to explain every detail in the data exercise (the distribution of data, why do u choose a specific procedure...). And the interview also asked me to tell her the t-test formula, which surprised me a little bit. About two hours after the interview, I was contacted by the HR for scheduling an onsite interview at their DC office. They reimbursed $400 for me travel expense, which covers about half of my actual expense. The on-site interview started with a basic statistics/probability/logic test. Then I met with 2 set of interviewers. Most of the questions were focusing on my past experience. You need to really familiar with your resume. Two weeks later,I was asked to had an additional phone interview. The interviewer was not quite enthusiastic. One week later, I received the rejection from their HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience about health care policy research.   Answer Question

Jan 16, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

They send me a data set with three parts of questions, and give me 2 weeks. After two weeks, they schedule a phone interview to go over questions and this dataset.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving us a review.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acumen (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Exhausting process. Takes all day. Also the process is not very transparent.
    I would say prepare on how the work youve done is relevant to the position. They ask very detailed questions about each project.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving us a review. We understand our in-person interview process may seem like a long day, but we want to make sure you meet with at least 3 to 5 researchers from different teams. We ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

A written test first and then a phone interview. After that they invited you to the in-person interview in CA.
    The final interview was thorough with a one-hour test on basic logic and statistics at first and 4 meetings with different employees. They introduced the position and asked about your previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the experience when you have difficulty in finishing the project before the deadline.   Answer Question

Aug 10, 2016 – Senior Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for leaving a review.