Advantage RN Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Price

1. "Advantage RN Nurse Travel Company"

Current Employee - RN in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - RN in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Advantage RN (More than a year)

Pros

Very pleased with my recruiter. Advantage RN is a good company to work for.

Cons

Can't think of any cons. Nothing but a good experience for me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Jan 12, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! We know you're busy and really appreciate it.

2. "Great company if you aren't lazy"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Advantage RN full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company offers a lot of perks. First day insurance, great training, taking corporate employees to the zoo for their summer picnic, etc. We have a great team working for us. There is a lot of talent here, but as with any job, you are expected to work hard. The CEO does reward hard work and there is always room for advancement. I have been here for many years and have had many opportunities presented to me which only made my skillset stronger. This is the best job I have ever had!!

Cons

The only con I can think of is sometimes we have issues with our computer software, but it has gotten much better over the past year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and make sure you include branch offices.

"Wages become below poverty guidelines after hours work and overtime not paid"

Former Employee - Corporate Office in West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Corporate Office in West Chester, OH

I worked at Advantage RN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the beginning of what I thought to be a rewarding career here , I was impressed with team building, continuous motivational spirit and weekly meetings to keep everyone connected and bring fresh ideas or resolve problems .

Cons

The lies, greed and absolute wrong doings of an operation referred to as a "business " keeps you blinded until you are in ruins. It's hard to work through lunch , stay hours late only to see your managers leave on time and know you are not even going to be compensated for being there. BUT don't bring up the fact that you are supposed to be paid overtime because you are NOT a salaried employee- you aren't supposed to talk about that! You should never feel like you can't discuss problems you are having that affect your job.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, you are not always right. Believe it or not - we have lives too.

Jan 12, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. Communication issues are often the cause of difficulties. We're sorry that you felt as though you weren't being heard. Our mission is to "Be Excellent to Each ... More

5. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Jack of All Trades and Loving IT in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Jack of All Trades and Loving IT in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Advantage RN full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere. with people that genuinely care about one another. I've worked for plenty of places in my past but have never worked for a place that has employees with the passion and dedication that Advantagern employees have.

Cons

Unfortunately, not everyone has a value for hard work, great people and an awesome atmosphere where being at work truly feel like being at home. Those are the type of individuals that work hard to bring a good thing down.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing to build Advantagern into a 90 plus million dollar and growing company.

6. "Sales/Client"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Advantage RN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Been working there for many years, I have great Management, I know the company's mission, direction and they let you be you to achieve your goals.

Cons

Not much, if I have to list a con, once and a while something may change and having everyone/offices on board takes sometime.

Advice to Management

My manager is great and other manager's will ask for thoughts and ideas to always improve that is a good thing.

"Condescending and unsympathetic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I worked at Advantage RN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a few very nice people, but the bad outweigh the good. A lot of them seem polite, and a couple will take time to speak to you.

Cons

The person training me seemed a bit bipolar. One minute she was super nice and the next was very condescending. She is the type that has to be always right, and she needs to work on that, because she is not. She likes to tell you what you were thinking if you did something wrong, which made me seethe with anger. I can take constructive criticism, but don't tell me what I was thinking. One time she gave me a number to input, and I came back to her because it was not enough digits. She forgot one, which is fine, no big deal, but then I try to enter it again and it says it was wrong. I go to her, she gets huffy and acts annoyed, and says, let me come look, you are keying it wrong. At this point I'm livid, like I didn't check it multiple times before going to her, and she assumes I entered it incorrectly. Turns out, she gave me the wrong number. I didn't even get an apology. I saw her act like this to many other employees also, and then talk about them as soon as they left. She also cuts you off before you can ask your question, assuming she knows what you're going to ask, and answers it in a tone that makes you sound stupid, when that wasn't even my question. I got sick twice, and had dr notes for it, and they still fired me. I guess they wanted me in there with a 101 temperature. I also had an injury to my back, which I made aware, and she still had me lifting probably 20+ heavy boxes, which made my back lock up and was in excruciating pain. But it was ok for a woman with cancer to miss 18 business days in a row. I am in no way taking away from the fact she has cancer, but if I have the flu and can barely move, with a dr note, why isn't mine excusable?? The trainer also needs to slow down in some areas, I picked up the majority, but there are a few things that are a little more extensive.

Advice to Management

Have some sympathy for new hires. I'm sorry that we haven't "earned" the right to call off, but sick is sick. When I worked, I barely took breaks and worked extremely hard the entire day for horrible pay, yet, I saw plenty of people online and they love to gossip. Also, a few people badmouthed the place to me, I'm sure that's not something you want new hires to hear. Teach your employees some manners.

"First Glance....."

Current Employee - Temporary Assignment in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Temporary Assignment in West Chester, OH

Pros

Temporary assignment~ special project~ short term. 2nd day, project finished~ later that afternoon, I received a call to return indefinitely for a different work assignment. Accounting Team very friendly and helpful. Management staff friendly and takes an interest in their employees. Customer Service is a top priority .... employees appear content and enjoy coming into work daily.

Cons

Temporary assignment, indefinite time line for project

9. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage RN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In a company spread all over the U.S., feels like we all work in the same office. You interact constantly with each other. I've never felt so welcome to a company and had so many people rooting for your success. If you ever need assistance, there's a ton of people willing to help. The CEO and his wife are actively involved with the company & it's employees. Constantly doing team building exercises and competitions for prizes. Department heads fly to the satellite offices regularly to spend time and work with the employees, making us feel like we're just as important and the corporate office. They also treated us to a very nice lunch/dinner of our choice for our holiday party since we can't be a part of the corporate office's party. Along with every holiday there are company wide competitions and prizes, making it fun for all employees, no matter their location. I've also never worked in a place that recognizes when people work hard and they do a great job of motivating you to be one of those people. No matter what any previous disgruntled employees may say, Advantage RN is one of, if not THE best company to work for. I could go on all day about what Advantage RN has done for me but I think you get the point.

Cons

I wish we had Skype for our company wide conference calls just so I can put faces with names & voices :)

Advice to Management

Continue doing the FANTASTIC job you are doing to lead the company and employees to success!

"Avoid working here as an employee or a contract nurse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I worked at Advantage RN (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some good people here.

Cons

The owner does not have a clue nor does he care to grow the company in a positive way. The old saying; "The Emperor Is Not Wearing Any Clothes" really comes to mind here as those who surround him lead him to believe he is in fashion for their personal gain while everyone else working there loses. There is no upward communication to reach him and no one dares to speak up for fear of losing their job due to the little management pack that surrounds him. There is also internal snatch and grab techniques used by the recruiters there. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

None as it would never be listened to or considered. Will add that they hire new people and make their goals unreachable then let an employee go and the others that have been there "in the pack" get their working nurses. So wrong on every level.

Feb 21, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. While we do not fully agree with your assessments, we sincerely apologize for your experiences and hope you have found a more compatible place of employment. In a ... More

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Advantage RN full-time

Pros

Absolutely nothing positive that I can say. I did make 1 good friend out of my time there...that was a positive for me!

Cons

Very unprofessional. If you do not smoke cigarettes then you are shunned. Cursing and swearing is out of control! I don't just mean with each other in the office, I mean 2 individuals that talk to all of their candidates and drop the "F" Bomb every other minute. You are either in the crowd or not. Seem to have kept a few veterans around that have no right being there. They are condescending, immature, inconsistent, crude, backstabbing & so much more. The management team that comes down from the Ohio (main) branch I actually have no words for. Encouraging team to do the wrong thing (lie to get the candidate working), after work drinking that gets out of control on the company credit card...Directors sleeping with recruiter while in town and then firing him shortly after. There is so much more, but I think you get the picture. Absolutely no room for growth or advancement.

Advice to Management

Management should be discarded and the owners should spend more time getting the right leaders in there. Guaranteed increase in business, and possible company growth. I am surprised the company is still open....JACHO has had some fun with them. Huge fine!

Jun 22, 2015 – Marketing Director

Yikes! It doesn’t sound like your experience with Advantage RN was a positive one, and we are sincerely sorry you left the company with such negative feelings. For almost 13 years, Advantage RN ... More