Advantage RN Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Matt Price

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Overall"

I have been working at Advantage RN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

positive work environment ; excellent work life balance

Cons

Salary employees punch a clock

Jun 20, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for taking the time to provide your positive review of Advantage RN. We're delighted to hear what you like best about working with us. The time and attendance system was implemented to... More

2. "Advantage RN Nurse Travel Company"

Current Employee - RN in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - RN in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Advantage RN (More than a year)

Pros

Very pleased with my recruiter. Advantage RN is a good company to work for.

Cons

Can't think of any cons. Nothing but a good experience for me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Jan 12, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! We know you're busy and really appreciate it.

3. "Great company if you aren't lazy"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Advantage RN full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company offers a lot of perks. First day insurance, great training, taking corporate employees to the zoo for their summer picnic, etc. We have a great team working for us. There is a lot of talent here, but as with any job, you are expected to work hard. The CEO does reward hard work and there is always room for advancement. I have been here for many years and have had many opportunities presented to me which only made my skillset stronger. This is the best job I have ever had!!

Cons

The only con I can think of is sometimes we have issues with our computer software, but it has gotten much better over the past year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and make sure you include branch offices.

"Find A Different Company"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Advantage RN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the beginning, they were great. I had better pay than with my other company and I loved my recruiter.

Cons

I ended up with a different recruiter. I was offered a job, bought my flight, found a rental, and three days before I was to fly 3000 miles to the job, I was told I didn't have the job. I was told I would be reimbursed. That was all a lie. After they tried to find me a similar job, and couldn't, they started ignoring my calls unless I blocked my number. That is how they treat RN's who had been with the company for two years - by ignoring you unless you block your number.

Advice to Management

Keep your word. If I think that ignoring calls is the way to go then there is nothing I could say. I had legal representation. It's only a matter of time before that happens.

Aug 5, 2016 – Marketing Director

We are very sorry to hear about this experience with your new recruiter and are eager to learn more as our management team is unaware of the details. Normally, all assignment terms are listed in a... More

"Wages become below poverty guidelines after hours work and overtime not paid"

Former Employee - Corporate Office in West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Corporate Office in West Chester, OH

I worked at Advantage RN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the beginning of what I thought to be a rewarding career here , I was impressed with team building, continuous motivational spirit and weekly meetings to keep everyone connected and bring fresh ideas or resolve problems .

Cons

The lies, greed and absolute wrong doings of an operation referred to as a "business " keeps you blinded until you are in ruins. It's hard to work through lunch , stay hours late only to see your managers leave on time and know you are not even going to be compensated for being there. BUT don't bring up the fact that you are supposed to be paid overtime because you are NOT a salaried employee- you aren't supposed to talk about that! You should never feel like you can't discuss problems you are having that affect your job.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, you are not always right. Believe it or not - we have lives too.

Jan 12, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. Communication issues are often the cause of difficulties. We're sorry that you felt as though you weren't being heard.

Our mission is to "Be Excellent to... More

"Anonymous"

I have been working at Advantage RN full-time

Pros

I love the flexibility and autonomy received from management to get the job done. The company has a good foundation, great moral and has some really talented people to work with. I'm very impressed with what the CEO and his team has done so far -- making moves and excited to be a part of that growth!

Cons

Senior management needs to get out and listen to field employees (i.e., those in branch offices) to truly get an idea of the operations and gain more of an appreciation of what these employees go through on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Invest more in technology and trust in employees. It seems like if we want to get some more work done over the weekend, we have to drive to the office vs. having remote access from home. Web based applications would be a good place to start!

Jan 12, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for the great suggestions. Your requests have been heard and we are investigating ways we can improve communication between offices.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Nurse Recruiter
    Current Employee - Nurse Recruiter

I have been working at Advantage RN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, fun environment, good leads, lots off incentives and bonuses for us and Nurses, love my bosses. Love having casual days and the sales contests. Really good relationships with QA and Account Managers. Love our RN on staff! She has helped me a lot. Excited for the future and believe if I work hard I will be given the chance to move up.

Cons

Not always comfortable approaching the managers in payroll/billing departments. If I have an issue I ask my managers to talk to payroll or billing so I don't have to feel scared. The accounting leaders seem to make a lot of mistakes that affect the rest of us. Wish we could dress casual every day. Some people get special schedules while the rest of the teams work 8:30-5:30, seems like you could find a way to make that more fair.

Advice to Management

Stop keeping people who hurt the company. While the department I work in loves their environment, listen to the employees in other departments. Keep up the great work with the culture of our team and please invest in new technology to make us more productive and to make our job less stressful. Also, I wish we could have more company celebrations. Can we please get vending machines?

8. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Jack of All Trades and Loving IT in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Jack of All Trades and Loving IT in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Advantage RN full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere. with people that genuinely care about one another. I've worked for plenty of places in my past but have never worked for a place that has employees with the passion and dedication that Advantagern employees have.

Cons

Unfortunately, not everyone has a value for hard work, great people and an awesome atmosphere where being at work truly feel like being at home. Those are the type of individuals that work hard to bring a good thing down.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing to build Advantagern into a 90 plus million dollar and growing company.

9. "Manager"

Pros

The CEO has very high expectations for his employees. He is demanding but very fair. He also is very generous with his employees....helping them with their challenges. This is a nice balance!

Cons

No cons if you are willing to work hard and smart

10. "Sales/Client"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Advantage RN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Been working there for many years, I have great Management, I know the company's mission, direction and they let you be you to achieve your goals.

Cons

Not much, if I have to list a con, once and a while something may change and having everyone/offices on board takes sometime.

Advice to Management

My manager is great and other manager's will ask for thoughts and ideas to always improve that is a good thing.