Allen-Edmonds Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Paul D. Grangaard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for. Join the Allen Edmonds Family!"

I worked at Allen-Edmonds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at the corporate office and found the leadership team and my colleagues to be smart, savvy, experienced professionals, and they were just plain-fun to work with!

The culture is also family-oriented. Because the corporate office is relatively small, people often ask about each other's families and vacation plans, they hang out together, volunteer together, etc. There are also the small things that make it feel like a family: the CEO-employee conversations and pep-rally style announcements, the friendliness between office workers and manufacturing employees, the family-style potlucks, the casual Fridays, the holiday get-togethers, and the occasional summer BBQ outside.

I loved working at Allen Edmonds for the reasons mentioned above but also because everyone was on the same team. I didn't feel like I was competing against other departments for resources or exposure, and the communication between departments was top-notch. Employees at all levels were eager to help, collaborate, and do what's best for the company. It's ideally how all companies should operate..

I also felt that contributions were highly valued. New ideas, new projects, testing new strategies, it didn't matter who they came from, they were all considered before being evaluated for implementation.

Out of the several places I've worked, this was the one company that stood out from a quality of work-life perspective.

If you want to work at a place where you can grow your skill set, advance your career, and where you will be heard for your ideas and contributions, Allen Edmonds is the right company for you.

Cons

This isn't really a con, but the corporate office environment could be improved. It has an open-concept/cube farm layout and it is connected directly to the factory (a huge plus), but it's also dated. It could use some refreshing such as a new area where employees can have comfortable place to sit down, have conversations, fill up their coffee, and take a quick break (separate from the often over-crowded lunch room). I'd also like to see more of the standing desks and other healthier alternatives offered to employees. The employee yoga class offering was a great start!

I would have also liked to see more employee volunteer opportunities throughout the year.

Advice to Management

Keep being as transparent as possible with employees about sharing company news, announcements, and directional changes. It shows trust and confidence. I appreciated this element of your leadership style very much.

2. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Allen-Edmonds (More than a year)

Pros

Great Environment, Family and Small Town Feel

Cons

Online Presence could use a little more work

Advice to Management

More organization

3. "Production"

Current Employee - Production Worker in Port Washington, WI
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Port Washington, WI

I have been working at Allen-Edmonds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You only work four days ten hours shift, great vacation time, you get a discount from famous foot wear. Supervisor lead and HR is caring supportive and helpful..

Cons

Standing on your feet 10 hours, non stopping working environment, mostly Mexican who barely understand English. No room for growth. And the pay is too low for all the work your doing..

Advice to Management

Pay is too low...

4. "Review"

I have been working at Allen-Edmonds part-time

Pros

Worked with some great people

Cons

Had to get to work by 6:30 and 5:30 sometimes if really busy.

"Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Allen-Edmonds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the pros to working at Allen Edmonds are that it is a good work environment, selling a good quality product being an American based company. Getting to know an array of clientele.

Cons

Some of the cons of working at Allen Edmonds is that the company put another store location twenty minutes away and had our store clientele go down, having to do with the promotion structure.

Advice to Management

promote the people within the company who deserve it.

"Senior Office Staff"

Current Employee - Senior Office Staff in Port Washington, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Office Staff in Port Washington, WI

I have been working at Allen-Edmonds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are best part, with the exception of the leadership team. Pretty good work-life balance, decent pay and a nice environment.

Cons

The place has been sold so many times you forget who owns it. The CEO and senior managers are only interested in lining their pockets and don't share the winnings. Very exclusive club they have. Very disingenuous people.

Advice to Management

Now that you've sold probably for the last time, and taken your big payouts with you, quit so we can work for someone worth making the effort for.

7. "part timer"

I worked at Allen-Edmonds part-time

Pros

employee discount, flexible hours, good pay plus commission for part time

Cons

seasonal (due to location), lack of opportunity

Advice to Management

nothing

8. "Part-time Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Allen-Edmonds part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible and constructive work environment. They treat their employees well and make sure they're experts on the products that they offer. And the employee discount is through the roof.

Cons

As a part-timer, there are times when you're subject to the scheduling whims of the manager.

9. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Allen-Edmonds (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paste environment, Team work atmosphere.

Cons

Hard to move up through the ranks. lack of communication

10. "Fantastic Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Allen-Edmonds part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible management, crazy discount, great money if you're good at sales and know what you're talking about.

Cons

Maybe the only one is the sales you lost due to the online store.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!