Allied Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Dental Hygienist"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Old Bridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Old Bridge, NJ

I have been working at Allied Dental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Busy, productive schedule. You have an assistant specifically with you all day. Staff is like family. You can feel a sense of permanency and job security. Bonus programs offered. Corporate employees know your name, not just employee level or number. Great place to stay long term.

Cons

Schedule can be extremely busy and/or over packed at times. This makes it hard to maximize production to meet goals while staying on time.

Advice to Management

Consider offering PTO that the assistants have to hygienists. We too have worked hard and put in the time.

2. "Lakewood Family Dental"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ

I have been working at Allied Dental full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A very family oriented multi specialty dental office that provides great dental care and truly cares about the patient as if they were their own.

Cons

I really don't have any cons to mention about this office.

3. "Great company that has made positve changes over the years, really hearing what their employees have to say"

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Allied Dental full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of room for growth was promoted to office manager
    Support from Regional Manager
    Staff in offices are great
    quarterly meetings with company teams
    Job Stability

Cons

Medical insurance cost to much to enroll
    Employees should start at a reasonable rate
    No communication from most staff (HR,Payroll and other corporate teams)
    often times set unrealistic goals
    High assistant role over due to being burnt out over Dr Schedules

Advice to Management

Start coming to each individual office once a month to see exactly what most offices deal with on daily basic(undercover boss)
    provide better medical insurance
    being able to balance work and homelife
    Have a better training program for front desk and dental assist. dental is all the same but office run differently no matter the experience you bring

4. "customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Toms River, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Toms River, NJ

I worked at Allied Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

vacation day offered. Health insurance offfered although very expensive

Cons

This company purchases private offices throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Once the company purchases an office,allied slowly takes over and within a year or two, most of the longtime employees have been let go for younger, less experienced employees for less money. The quality of the dentistry then becomes poor due to using less expensive labs and materials and much less time is spent on patients . The theory here is to get them in and out as quickly as possible because its all about money. Unfortunately the offices are becoming more like factories and there is less personalized service. The corporate office is very aloof and is not a huge source of support to the offices in which they control.

Advice to Management

More training for both upper management and the employees in the offices. Treat the janitor the same way you treat the Ceo with respect!!

"dental hygienist"

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist
    Former Employee - Dental Hygienist

I worked at Allied Dental part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent pay right out of school

Cons

-high turnover of employees
    -every appt is side booked with up to 4 pts per hour, that equals to 15 per patient for a full perio probe, xrays, cleaning, and exam
    -poor communication
    -incompetent doctors, not willing to spend quality time to do good work, and also some that diagnose more expensive treatment just to make more money
    -out dated, before I left they had yet to use digital xrays in every office or computers in the treatment rooms
    -schedules printed on paper and never knowing when or of pts arrive

Advice to Management

-try to think of your employees as human beings instead of robots
    -hygiene appts should never be less than 45 minutes
    -update! digital in every office
    -this is a medical field, not retail

6. "This Company has come a long way."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Allied Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work for dental professionals as well as entry level staff. They are improving their training programs and each year I see more benefits and nice things being done for employees such as team bonuses and surprise filling our kitchen with snacks. Having worked in other corporate dental offices and private practices, I appreciate that environment Allied is striving to create. Some people that I know have been promoted (quickly). I like that the management recognizes the top talent and that there's room to advance.

Cons

Health benefits are not the greatest. Some people are grandfathered in and do whatever they want. Sometimes the response time from the corporate office is not timely yet they have expect us to deliver on everything immediately.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the same direction and I think the companies reputation will continue to grow. In the past there was a bad rep, but I think it's starting to change.

7. "Allied offers room for growth and development."

Current Employee - PSR in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - PSR in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Allied Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team I work with is amazing. We work very hard but we also have a lot of fun. Our manager helps to empower us to live up to our potential. I enjoy going to work every day.

Cons

I would say a couple of the cons I have would be, the high cost of medical insurance and the very limited time off.

Advice to Management

Please see about changing our medical provider and sharing the cost. The high rates make it impossible to add your family members.

Please consider adding additional days off, especially for the first year.

8. "Great place and improving"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

I worked at Allied Dental (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of work, nice people.

Cons

Toooooo Much cake. I have never seen a place so obsessed with birthday cakes... After 6 months of being there I developed a perpetual fear of all things frosted.

Advice to Management

Birthdays twice a month.

"Ok company to gain experience"

I have been working at Allied Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a 401k with no matching. Paid vacation time and some Holidays. Bonus system for managers only even thought the entire office works for a common goal.

Cons

The people at the corporate office, and managers are salaried and get bonused.. Funny they are the same people giving the positive reviews on this board. Too many CEOS and regional managers that are untrained and unprofessional and dont know a lot about dentistry.. Lots of conference calls to justify employees positions that never seem to resolve anything. Upper management has no idea what it is like to work in an office nor do they know what truly goes on.. Its all about the dollar.

Advice to Management

Regional managers need more training. People under management level are employees too. Take notice!

Allied Dental Response

Feb 11, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for providing your feedback.

We take all concerns raised by our employees very seriously and we appreciate you bringing some of them to our attention. We would like to invite your... More

10. "Room to grow"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Howell, NJ

Pros

Lots of room for advancement. I have seen so many employees advance into higher paying positions. This is a career not just a job. Great support system. Its amazing how such a large company can feel like family.

Cons

None that are even worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

So amazed with all the growth our company had made. Also very proud of how much we give back to the community,