Allytics Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Neil Sturgeon

"Excellent Company"

I have been working at Allytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work overall great people at Allytics--motivated, fun, and talented. We get to work with high-profile clients, which has given me excellent experience in a short amount of time. The company is quickly growing and is always looking for ways to keep morale high and award hard workers despite some of the growing pains.

Cons

Like any agency, the workload can be heavy at times. Although I don't mind (there are slow times too), I can see how it burns out employees after some time.

2. "Excellent Company. Definitely Deserves More Stars on Glassdoor"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Allytics (Less than a year)

Pros

Been here for 5 months, well past the 3 month honeymoon period and still love working here. Allytics has a great, caring company culture and executive team. We are rapidly growing due to our successes in the industry. I have worked a lot of jobs, and Allytics is by far my favorite place to work so far. It also is one of a handful of places that will hire actual, honest-to-god entry level people and offer pretty competitive salaries for low experience employees. They also have fun perks around free snacks in the break room, free lunch fairly often (couple of times per month), team events (pinball, lunches out, etc), company moral events about once a month, and more. Our benefits aren't super great, but they aren't terrible either. I'd say about average, maybe a little above. They are getting better as the company grows though.

Ignore the bad reviews from over a year ago. The one from January 2015 in particular has nearly zero truth to it anymore. Every complaint that post has about lack or something, poor management, no benefits, or anything else is categorically untrue now.

It is DEFINITELY a great place to get your foot in the door within the industry.

Cons

The workload can be quite heavy sometimes. This is mostly a product of us growing faster than we can hire. This should be alleviated as new people are brought into the company. I have heard pay doesn't ramp up very well with experience, but I'm pretty happy with my salary (I'm fairly low level in the company). My only real complaint around benefits is the lack of matching in our 401Ks. Our office is getting really cramped, but we're moving to a much bigger space within a couple months.

Advice to Management

Match 401Ks. Even a 50% match would be awesome.

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Allytics full-time

Pros

Awesome clients, better co-workers and good teamwork on getting projects done! The executive team delivers marketing concepts and collateral at the highest level in technology because of the amazing content and creative team onboard.

Cons

Any company that is growing, has growing pains. I feel mid-management needs more support, but as any company grows experiences these types of pains and concerns. The investments that I've seen will take time to payoff as I've began to notice small things getting better already.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on communication and project streamlining.

"Not horrible, not great"

I have been working at Allytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, OK clients, Some fun people work there

Cons

Low pay, lack of a future plan, no benefits

Advice to Management

Have a vision for the company

"Great place to work in technology marketing"

I have been working at Allytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After reading the negative reviews here, I was really concerned about joining. But my experience over time has been nothing but positive. Management is smart, savvy, approachable and involved.

There's an excellent range of capabilities across the workforce. There are seasoned professionals to newbies fresh from college. The Creative team is positively awesome. Allytics is fast becoming the go-to agency for marketing Cloud and other technologies - key differentiators in tech marketing.

I'm so happy I didn't let the sour reviews sway me.

Other pros:
    People are super-friendly, intelligent and helpful
    The customers Allytics attracts are amazing (aside from the expected work from Microsoft)
    There's a dynamic, fun, yet serious, atmosphere.
    Yes, we work hard, but the pay is reasonable. (Another agency offered me the same salary. Glad I didn't take that one. I heard from a colleague that they are awful.)
    Lots of snacks in the kitchen

Cons

It's getting crowded with many new hires.
    Not enough conference and focus rooms.
    Would be nice to put some artwork on the walls.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

7. "Laid back environment with supportive team"

I have been working at Allytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Allytics for a while now and am very happy. You can work from home as long as you go to meetings and get your work done. Everyone is nice, welcoming, and you feel like you're part of a strong culture. Within the past month, we just had 6 new people added to the team, bringing up the total employee count to about 50. The small business feel is nice, but you do get lots of diverse opportunities with the different clients. Great place to work!

Cons

The office is one giant cubicle and always quiet. They also do not match your 401k.

Advice to Management

More benefits and company culture building activities

"Quite simply the worst place ive ever worked"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Allytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hmmm. I cannot think of any pros, perhaps the only pro is that I left before the place totally ruined my ability to ever get another job.

Cons

Compensation is very low and not competitive. No opportunity for growth as management hardly cares for their employees. Company perks are the bare minimum, and the environment is dead quiet and depressing all the time.

Advice to Management

Care for your employees. treat them well with good benefits, better salaries, and perks and perhaps the quality of the work will be better than a group of school children.

"Has fallen into the trap of being small but feeling big."

Former Employee - IT Support in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - IT Support in Redmond, WA

I worked at Allytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a smaller company they still have a little bit of the family feeling but that has definitely gone away over the years and feels more like the controlling parents and creepy uncles. It's a good place to get your foot into the door but would not be my first choice.

Cons

It feels like there is a lack of loyalty to the employee at this company. A lot of people would look at this and wonder about the loyalty of the employee to the employer because this is definitely a two way street. Loyalty from both isn't just given, but once it's earned by one party it should become evident and work both ways. To be more specific, when an employee has put a lot of time into the company and performs well but receives nothing in return it's hard for the employee to feel any loyalty towards management.

A return to the small company feeling would be a big bonus for Allytics(Ally Marketing). It would not be a bad decision for them to contact their former employees and ask what could be done to make their current employees happy.

Advice to Management

Make sure the employees know that you care about them. This isn't fixed by doing small company events after work hours. It's fixed by your team managers, they need to build relationships with their teams and show that they care. Once this happens the teams will function much better and you can reward everyone. Remember to show everyone your appreciation for a job well done.

"Good staff, weak management"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Allytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff is friendly, helpful and smart

Cons

-Management provides limited feedback
    -Attempts to expand business beyond Microsoft have had minimal success
    -Low pay, limited benefits
    -Management worries more about the hours people sit in the office rather than their productivity

Advice to Management

Improve morale by providing real benefits and support to the employees and treat your employees as adults.

"Not at all recommended to anyone."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

If you are interested in working on Microsoft projects and if you are needing to gain experiences, this place offers great entry level position. Just don't expect them to pay you so well.

Cons

1. Management is in way over their head. The company consists of 20 to 40 people, but they want to apply Microsoft organization hierrachy to the team. Going from a flat organization where everyone gets along and works well together to applying hierarchy org chart that isolate team members and demote team morale.

2. Recognition is extremely poor. Management seems to have their motto of "let's see how low we can pay them". You can put in all your hard work, and you will see no return. Management gives you arbitrary numbers on your reviews and lies to you about having talking to the project managers you work closely with.

3. Poor leadership. I can undestand why the executive teams from much bigger firms are far removed from their employees. This place consists of 20 to 40 people, and most of the time, there are literally 15 employees in the office, but the management is far removed from the team. They have no idea what is going and who is doing what.

4. Poor resource management. When the team complained about not having to much work and not enough resources on different projects. Instead of hiring more resources that would actually do the work, they hired more Program Managements. There are about 10 PMs and 20 employees that actually do the work.

5. Provide no career growth. This makes sense because the management has no sense of directions. Most of the time, the COO and the Vice President sit in their office, either watching youtube or listening to loud music. The CEO actually does try to find work, and the Marketing VP does try to provide some sort of management to the marketing team. But other than that, no direction, no leadership, no respect for employees.

6. The company provides no infrastructure for you to get your job done sucessfully. And when you communicate the needs, they simply dismissed your concerns or ideas.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, hire more resources not PMS, promote within, and scale back from all these crazy re-organization. An enterprise management doesn't work for a small team of company. Maybe when you have at least 100 to 200 employees, then you can start acting like one.