Allytics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Neil Sturgeon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The happiest employees are those who are paid best"

Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Allytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allytics does a great job at investing in the development (or what they believe will develop) each employee. While I think there's a lot of improvements that can be made with the onboarding process, I'm impressed that every new employee gets a 1:1 session with the CEO, President, VP, and CTO. Sure, this is a sign of a small company, but with 80+ employees, it's impressive that they still pay that much attention to getting to know you, and having you meet them.

They offer a mentor program, work from home opportunities, company morale events, and NOW MATCH 401K (this is relatively new).

As a marketing team member, you'll work on a ton of different project with different clients. This is a great first job to have to help determine what interests you and what you want to do long term if you haven't quite decided yet. You'll take ownership of large accounts and really build your experience.

Cons

One of the most common reasons employees have left in the past year was due to compensation. Entry level pay is pretty good if your experience is minimal. On the other hand, an experienced employee with be disappointed with small raises and minimal appreciation. Need proof? Just look at the Allytics salaries and see the difference between reported salaries and the market. Know your worth, and when Allytics isn't willing to pay it, have a backup plan.

Advice to Management

Offer more competitive salaries to your employees, especially if you value retention

2. "Not the worst place if you need to get experience, but there are major flaws with this business"

I worked at Allytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- They give you money in exchange for work.

Cons

- Creative Directors have no actual experience as Creative Directors, resulting in poor delegation and lack of design vision
    - Project Managers have no idea how to communicate with the designers, leading to miscommunication more often than not.
    -Mid Year and Annual reviews were often delayed for months, if not over a year. This means any raises and promotions are also delayed.

Advice to Management

Growth is great, but if you can't learn to communicate with your team then your turnover will continue to be high.

3. "Good to Grow Foundation - But Short-Term"

Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager

I worked at Allytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with wide variety of clients, and for me personally cultivate quality client relationships. If in the early stages of career you have opportunity to learn, build experiences and stories that will resonate at future opportunities.

Cons

Compensation and benefits was a driving factor as to why I left. While I had opportunity to grow, the pace was not in direct correlation to the value that was bringing back to the company.

"Fantastic place to grow"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Allytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Visibility to enterprise clients, lean organization (entry-level folks can interface with CEO, President, VPs), focus on internal development and career growth.

Cons

Limited PTO for your first 3 years (does roll over year-over-year though), on-boarding training could be more established. It should be noted that on-boarding is a focus of management at this time.

"Worst company"

Pros

Growing with a high turnover rate.

Cons

Terrible management, majority of the company is marketing people that do absolutely nothing.

"A fantastic company!"

I have been working at Allytics full-time

Pros

I have been at Allytics for less than a year and I have seen the company grown and offer its employees more benefits and better benefits. They are super cool when it comes to flexibility. The company has a startup feel with a corporate edge. It's amazing to see the rate at which the are hiring new employees and are retaining old employees. I highly recommend Allytics and love my job and the people from the top dogs to the average co-worker.

Cons

Not too many negatives. Some employees are new in their field and are still learning and may miss something they should have done, but hey, we all have to learn and they usually come through anyhow.

Advice to Management

You guys are phenomenal and truly care about your employees. Thanks for looking out for us and seeking the best benefits and perks for your people.

"Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Allytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work overall great people at Allytics--motivated, fun, and talented. We get to work with high-profile clients, which has given me excellent experience in a short amount of time. The company is quickly growing and is always looking for ways to keep morale high and award hard workers despite some of the growing pains.

Cons

Like any agency, the workload can be heavy at times. Although I don't mind (there are slow times too), I can see how it burns out employees after some time.

8. "Excellent Company. Definitely Deserves More Stars on Glassdoor"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Allytics (Less than a year)

Pros

Been here for 5 months, well past the 3 month honeymoon period and still love working here. Allytics has a great, caring company culture and executive team. We are rapidly growing due to our successes in the industry. I have worked a lot of jobs, and Allytics is by far my favorite place to work so far. It also is one of a handful of places that will hire actual, honest-to-god entry level people and offer pretty competitive salaries for low experience employees. They also have fun perks around free snacks in the break room, free lunch fairly often (couple of times per month), team events (pinball, lunches out, etc), company moral events about once a month, and more. Our benefits aren't super great, but they aren't terrible either. I'd say about average, maybe a little above. They are getting better as the company grows though.

Ignore the bad reviews from over a year ago. The one from January 2015 in particular has nearly zero truth to it anymore. Every complaint that post has about lack or something, poor management, no benefits, or anything else is categorically untrue now.

It is DEFINITELY a great place to get your foot in the door within the industry.

Cons

The workload can be quite heavy sometimes. This is mostly a product of us growing faster than we can hire. This should be alleviated as new people are brought into the company. I have heard pay doesn't ramp up very well with experience, but I'm pretty happy with my salary (I'm fairly low level in the company). My only real complaint around benefits is the lack of matching in our 401Ks. Our office is getting really cramped, but we're moving to a much bigger space within a couple months.

Advice to Management

Match 401Ks. Even a 50% match would be awesome.

9. "Fun environment, great people"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Allytics full-time

Pros

Great people to work with, fairly casual with a young vibe. Many opportunities to work on different projects doing project management, product management, content development, creative and more. Management is pretty flexible. Morale events throughout the year including bowling, brewery tour/tasting, potlucks, Corks and Canvas, catered lunches, etc.

Cons

Projects can be dull at times, not the highest paying but a great start to get your foot in the door. Benefits could be better, they need to start matching 401k. Also need more resources and experienced people with availability to train employees.

Advice to Management

I like the direction that the company is moving. Would highly recommend improving social media presence and matching 401k. Great job making your employees feel appreciated, keep it up.

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Allytics full-time

Pros

Awesome clients, better co-workers and good teamwork on getting projects done! The executive team delivers marketing concepts and collateral at the highest level in technology because of the amazing content and creative team onboard.

Cons

Any company that is growing, has growing pains. I feel mid-management needs more support, but as any company grows experiences these types of pains and concerns. The investments that I've seen will take time to payoff as I've began to notice small things getting better already.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on communication and project streamlining.