AmeriFirst Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO
1 Rating

1. "Great Company that is always improving"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Denver, CO

I have been working at AmeriFirst Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is amazing. From top to bottom, I can't say enough great things about the people they hire. The pay is great. I've been here 3 years and an LO in the mortgage industry for 13 and the amount of money you'd like to make is completely dependent on you. They give so many awesome and excellent tools to help you succeed. If you can't here, it's your fault. Some of my favorites:

- Educate2Earn - they help you get set up to teach classes, then provide the classes. All you have to do is teach them.

- Elite Services - this is a team of business development people where their sole job is to fill your classes and set follow-up appointments for the agents they got to sign up for your class. Just brilliant.

- PYT - this is a $10k lender assurance program we use to help our agents and buyers get their offers accepted in a hot market. It's a great tool for getting in front of agents.

Cons

The name and logo stink. AmeriFirst - that sounds like every other lender with either "America" or "First Something" in the name. And the logo - dumb. Really though, that's the only downside. Possibly there might be some branches out there that aren't as good, but I've not heard of them. The Denver Branches are amazing!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and doing what you're doing. Great job.

2. "If you want to feel like your in highschool again, this is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AmeriFirst Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What they say the working environment will be like... But since it's not actually what they tell you, maybe that's not a pro but a con. Ive heard some good things about AmeriFirst and from what I have heard it depends on which team you work for and what branch you work in, but Ive had nothing but bad experiences. Its not about what you know but who you know. It doesn't matter if your buyers and agents are your raving fans, if your aren't part of the "clique" then everything you do is wrong..

Cons

If you aren't part of the "in" crowd, youre definitely OUT! The gossip is out of control and no way to stop it or address it since the branch manager is in the center of the gossip ring.
    You wont be paid for the time you work. The "official" answer was always "if you're working youre on the clock" but then if you report any overtime, youre in trouble. I was actually told "this isn't an overtime position, that's why you get a per file bonus". If I were to do the math on what I made, including the miniscule per file bonus, vs what I made, it would be less than minimum wage.
    Youre expected to be available at all times, nights, weekends, holidays, doesnt matter.. If you get a call from anyone work related you had better answer or you definitely hear about it the next day! I've been here for long enough that I feel I gave it a fair try, but can happily say, they won't be my employer much longer!

Advice to Management

Instead of letting all teams have free reign to run the process however they want, try implementing some structure. Hire branch mamangers who dont gossip!

"Innovative & Supportive Mortgage Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AmeriFirst Financial full-time

Pros

The company is like an All-Star Team in the Mortgage Industry. The quality of people and professionals in this company is like no other I have experienced.

Cons

I cannot think of any Cons that pertain to AmeriFirst Financial itself. Most of the "bummers" of any given day are due to the mortgage industry itself (i.e. TRID, CFPB, etc.).

Advice to Management

Continue operating within the Company Mission Statement with the same diligence and innovative techniques, while maintaining the great attitudes and corporate culture.

4. "Phenomenal Company"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at AmeriFirst Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amerifirst Financial has incredibly supportive leadership in place. The staff truly cares about you as a person and will support you in whatever career path you choose.

Cons

I have worked at Amerifirst Financial for about 8 months now and I can honestly say that I have not come across a "CON" yet.

Advice to Management

My advice for management would be to keep doing what they are doing. I have had such a great experience so far and management is a big part of why.

"AmeriFirst is a LO's paradise!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in McKinney, TX

I have been working at AmeriFirst Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AmeriFirst is technology and marketing driven to help LO's bring in more business. The corporate operations support is fantastic. From Disclosures to Post Closing, everyone is helpful, honest and hard working. It is very refreshing to have a back-end that finds a way to support the sales staff and make loans work - instead of trying to find a way to turn them down.

Virtually all of upper management has been a top performing LO and it shows!

Cons

I've had this open for about 20 minutes and it wouldn't let me move on until I had 20 words in the "Cons" - I guess the only con I can come up with is the time difference between Arizona and Texas. We are 2 hours apart during daylight savings time....

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Transparency in Management and Communication is the key to our success!

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at AmeriFirst Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment here is wonderful, everyone knows how to work hard and play hard. You will make long lasting friendships as well as lean good work ethic.

Cons

I wish this position paid a little more. But, the experience is worth the work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love working here. Maybe think about a 90 day raise or review for one.

7. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

People here really care!!! It's a great environment where we work hard but get recognized for all we do. It is a growing company yet maintains its family value feel. I feel like I work at a place that cares about me.

Cons

Never enough hours in the day - but that's a great problem to have right?

8. "What a difference attitude makes!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

In my 33 years in the business, I have never had a better place to work. The management truly cares about each person and they ALL go the extra mile to get your files closed on time. They stay late without asking to get the job done, are very reasonable in underwriting and willing to work with you to get your deals closed. Our support for our loan officers is second to none . Good rates, great technology, just an amazing place.

Cons

None. Really. Im not kidding... :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! You ROCK!

9. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great company culture. Every one is out to make the company better.

Cons

Benefits like any place are a littel costly

Advice to Management

streamline onboarding process

10. "decent company, not a fan of the direction."

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Mesa, AZ

Pros

Good people work here. Work life balance is good

Cons

Benefits are poor, no 401k matching, the software built internally never seems to work correctly. Seems they are trying to do all of the things a large company does but without any of the benefits or rewards from working for a large company.

Advice to Management

take a look at what separates Amerifirst from any of the other mortgage companies out there and see how you feel it stacks up from an employee perspective.. what is the true benefit to working here?