Americaneagle.com Reviews

Updated Sep 21, 2020

4.7
Americaneagle.com Chief Executive Officer Tony Svanascini (no image)
Tony Svanascini
Pros
  • "They promote a positive work environment that encourages employees and supports their values(in 11 reviews)

• "Great place to work because they highlight family values(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Horrible pay discrepancies, on-call with not compensation, lack of work life balance, fraternities(in 5 reviews)

• "As the company continues to see such amazing growth, there has been some growing pains(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Challenges are more interesting than you might think"

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to work on interesting web development projects and their associated challenges. The challenges can differ depending on the department - some departments get to work with more modern tech stacks. The challenges can also tend to be more interesting than you might expect. Especially for things such as ecommerce where you need to consider the subtle art of choosing the right technology to solve problems in the areas of performance, security, SEO, and UI/UX. Many an hour can be spent in optimizing the performance of frontend and backend code to solve scalability challenges. All of this can definitely be more interesting than just "create a website for this client". That said, these opportunities sometimes get reserved for the senior developer or technical manager rock stars - if you're one of these you'll have a tremendous opportunity to grow within the company and be given more interesting and difficult projects while also helping to mentor the other developers working with you. This is a great place to help others learn and grow with you. If you're someone just looking for a "job" where you "write code" then it might work for you, but you'll have many more opportunities if you're interested in solving problems beyond just the code.

Cons

Work life balance can be considered standard - expect to work regular 40 hour weeks but then also occasionally a little more during periods of the year where it makes sense: new website launches, production outages, etc. No flex time schedule, but could be expected since work is done kind of on a "consulting" schedule where communication with clients and other businesses during standard hours is expected. PTO days are limited, and sometimes you might be wishing you had more after a few periods of sickness throughout the year. Gets better with additional days given with more years of employment. The company is growing, but it still feels like everyone is trying to hold on the culture that the company had at a smaller scale. This can work to a certain extent but eventually the growth might reach a point where some key players in the company might not be recognized. From the tech side of things, some departments are not as "fun" as others with regards to programming languages, tech stacks, etc. You do have the opportunity to move to teams using more modern tech, especially if you have a knack for newer tech. If you're good at what you do, other teams will try to poach you and you'll naturally find yourself doing more cutting edge development.

Americaneagle.com Response

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you have been enjoying your time at Americaneagle.com. As we are a digital agency, we offer a variety of services on several technologies. We offer many options for growth within our company in all aspects. We have a very family and team oriented culture, and implement a reward system for outstanding employees called a Kudos Coin. As we are both family oriented and have a customer-first culture, we do our best to create an efficient scheduling system for our late night web launches and on call structure to maintain a healthy work life balance for all of our employees. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate your input!

2. "A company worth working for"

Current Employee - Senior Front End Developer

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Americaneagle.com feels like my second home and I look forward to coming to the office every day to be a part of something special. I am genuinely humbled that I’m able to work for one of the very best companies in the industry, and alongside so many wonderful and talented people, producing some amazing work. The company culture is fantastic as it’s family-oriented and a great deal of importance is placed on extending that family feel to our peers and clients. I've certainly made some lifelong friends and memories here. The company also offers a lot of personal growth - you’re able to get out of the company what you put into it. Lots of interesting and fun projects with clients across many different industries. We get to work with numerous different platforms, systems, and frameworks on any given day. There's honestly never a dull day. Great benefits, plenty of opportunities for learning and personal growth, industry stability with a crazy amount of growth since I stepped in the door on my first day, and clear direction, expectations, and goals from leadership. We’re the very best at what we do and we’re only that way because there are so many skillfully talented, passionate, prideful, and enthusiastic people here collaborating on a daily basis to produce our best work possible.

Cons

Nothing constructive beyond typical growing pains. The company has grown by something like 320% since I first started, so, scaling-up hiccups when a company grows that exponentially fast and large is inevitable. Leadership has done their best to account for everything though.

Continue reading

3. "Friendly environment .. lot of work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging and dynamic work culture. Highly motivated leaders

Cons

No bonus. Limited company events

4. "Highly Recommended"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great teams and awesome place to work at.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Americaneagle.com Response

Thank you for this review!

5. "Great Family Owned company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits beautiful office and wonderful coworkers. There are no micro management but always support when needed. This company truly cares about their employees!

Cons

I have worked at American Eagle.com for over eight years and have found no downside to working there.

Americaneagle.com Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Americaneagle.com values team work and collaboration and we have created an environment that allows all of our employees to flourish. Thank you for all of your hard work over the last 8 years!

"Good company to start career"

4.0
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

AE is a good place to start your career. Great environment to learn, good culture and nice people.

Cons

Lack of opportunities to work with modern front end frameworks, also pay is on the lower side

Americaneagle.com Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad that you have found Americaneagle.com a great place to grow. Our team-oriented culture and value for development helps strengthen our employees to be successful both short term and long term. We are always working to train our team and practice with the latest and greatest technologies.

7. COVID-19

"Solid"

Current Employee - Exec in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Culture is phenomenal, and that was really come through during Covid, the way it’s been handled, and the response of its people and clients.

Cons

Nothing really major, typical issues of a growth company always needing to add more great people to the team.

Americaneagle.com Response

Thank you for this review! Americaneagle.com is grateful that COVID-19 has not had a detrimental effect on our company. We have not had any layoffs, our team has been growing! During the lock down, we were able to successfully work from home, and now we are transitioning back to the office. Our culture and amazing people have made it possible to continue to grow during these hard times.

"Its one of the best company to work at!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

You're a part of a family here rather than just an employee. A great environment and everyone is really helpful. A ton of room to grow and every day is something new to learn no matter your title. Lastly, I am grateful to be part of such an awesome family!

Cons

Not many cons except timecard.

Americaneagle.com Response

Thank you for this review! Americaneagle.com's values include family and teamwork. We take pride in the quality of our employees and we want to provide a variety of pathways for each to continue growing. We can't wait to see all you accomplish at Americaneagle.com!

"GREAT place to work."

Current Employee - Sales Operations Coordinator in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Americaneagle.com is a great company to work for. A family owned business which provides a nurturing and positive work environment, that also rewards hard working employees with great pay and benefits. Everyone here is really supportive and friendly, and most importantly encouraging and inspiring. A company that really believes in promoting from within, full of managers and team members that will help you get there. Good work life balance with the typical 40 hour work week (sometimes more during busy season) but flex start time which is wonderful. Approachable HR staff as well as department mangers.

Cons

I have no cons working here.

Americaneagle.com Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate all of your feedback. Americaneagle.com has a great culture that welcomes team work and collaboration and also offers a competitive benefits package.

10. "Great environment for anyone looking for a company that values their employees and has great clients"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall Americaneagle.com is a company that I am happy to call home. In the past year of employment I have learned a lot about the culture and work ethic. They promote a positive work environment that encourages employees and supports their values. They are family owned and everyone makes you feel welcome and valuing your opinion. The clientele is great and love what AmericanEagle.com stands for, offers, and values, which makes going to work every day exciting. The company is growing extremely fast and works to self promote employees which is very encouraging because you are able to get out of the company what you put into it. The management teams are always willing to listen and are extremely humble.

Cons

I didn't start at Americaneagle.com sooner. They are the type of company that you will be happy to work with.

Americaneagle.com Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are grateful and happy that your home is with Americaneagle.com. The culture of our company and all of our amazing employees create a cohesive working relationship. Our managers encourage feedback from all employees and strive to help each employee become the best they can be. We can’t wait to see all you will accomplish!

Found 90 reviews