Analytic Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Analytic Partners President Nancy Smith
Nancy Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The people are its greatest asset as everyone is always willing to help one another no matter how busy they may be (in 4 reviews)

• However, be prepared to endure for at least 2 years before you get any kind of client exposure (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I'm pretty grateful to have found this company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Science Analyst in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing Science Analyst in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A supportive, friendly environment - you hear about consultancies being competitive and intense. Here, everybody is trying to do a good job and help others do well too. We help each other on projects, readily give advice, and try to make everybody feel good about their work. You can be honest about your mistakes and challenges, because people will just try to help you out.

We laugh a lot - everybody is a little quirky, nerdy, kind, and smart, which makes for lots of good natured jokes that lighten the mood. We like eachother and eat lunch together and have company-sponsored happy hours every month or so and a few beers on Fridays.

Reasonable hours - 9-6 M-F, there is no pressure to stay late to look good. I've had to work more than that, about 50 hours, only few times in a year. It would be great to work less, but it's a job thing

Live in Charlottesville - Best place ever. Beautiful, historic, small town. I thought I'd have to live in a big city to have a job like this, using best in class tech and advising Fortune 100 clients. Nope, you can do that right here.

Client facing and challenging analytics - You'll be prepping the data, creating models, creating insights and presentations, and you'll be delivering the results. That way, you are developing a diverse skill set and doing lots of interesting things rather than just one.

Cons

Not always seeing the results of your work - Clients don't always listen to your recommendations. I want to build actionable insights and see the work I do create value. There is less transparency than if you were doing analytics internally.

Heavy and light periods - I don't always have a good project because data comes in piecemeal or there is a lull in projects.

Reasonable hours - but hey, it would be nice to have less ;)

Not being in headquarters/ bigger company - Having an idea to implementing it, it may take a while or not happen because it may be challenging to see whether/ how your idea fits into the bigger picture of the company and other peoples' skills and roles.

2. "Great people, great work and lots of growth!"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The people are amazing
    - Always something new to learn
    - Opportunity to lead client relationships
    - A lot of growth potential
    - Company is a leader in a growing space

Cons

- Not a ton of work with transferable software

Advice to Management

Continue to emphasize work-life balance and incorporate use of universal software

"A great office environment to learn and develop"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Science Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Science Analyst

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The people: I am consistently impressed and amazed by the talent and intelligence of the people I work with. My direct managers are great to work with and do a good job of leading by example. The environment is collaborative rather than cutthroat, and if I run into a serious problem, there are always people to turn to for assistance and support.

The work: Overall, the work is interesting and challenging without being overwhelming. The nature of the work means that you are rarely stuck working on the same project or task for extended periods which helps to keep certain aspects from getting tedious. Developing insights and seeing impact and buy-in from a client is extremely gratifying.

The opportunities: Being in an in demand field means that there are always new and exciting projects to be a part of. The aggressive growth trajectory of the company means there are lots of ways to take on leadership roles and responsibility. The constant evolution of tools and methodology means you are constantly learning and developing new skills.

Cons

Benefits and compensation: While I have seen many positive changes in this area in my time at the company, this has been a bit of a lackluster area compared to other aspects of the company. Continued improvement here is important to retain and attract top talent.

Resources: Being outside of the headquarters in NYC, from a technical resource perspective I have sometimes felt like our office is an afterthought. Growth in personnel hasn't necessarily been followed by an increase in technical resources. Unavailability of laptops due to travel or malfunction has led to a few uncomfortable moments of prioritization. Generally it feels like as a satellite office, we are the last to get access to new resources or initiatives (laptops, webcams, snacks, etc.)

"Great Company to Work For with a Vision for Growth"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I accepted my first job post-undergrad at AP and haven't looked back since. The people are its greatest asset as everyone is always willing to help one another no matter how busy they may be. Company culture is great insofar as caring about employee growth. Additionally, the small size of the company allows for opportunity to get involved and take initiatives (e.g., sports teams, corporate service events, company outings, etc.) Another result of being a small company is client exposure. Even at the analyst level, there's plenty of client engagement which has helped me to grow extensively. Work load is generally manageable, but ebbs and flows like most consulting companies. Well respected name in the marketing analytics field and has a plan to continue strong growth!

Cons

Company is trying to do better in this respect but resource management can be a pain point. Some teams will experience heavy workload that could be distributed to a team with a lighter one. Despite this, I've enjoyed my time at AP and found workload to seem to have a great work-life balance relative to other people I've talked to in the consulting field.

Advice to Management

Keep working at better resource management and growing the company!

5. "Where smart people can thrive"

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time

Pros

- What matters here is if you are smart and good at your job
    - No drama or politics
    - Positive culture
    - Chance to work on some pretty amazing clients

Cons

- Demand spikes sometimes and people have to work a little harder briefly (but the company is investing and focusing on resource planning to keep that from happening)

Advice to Management

- As we grow keep the positive culture
    - Take time to celebrate what great stuff is happening

6. "Great, fast-adapting company"

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time

Pros

-Ability to make an impact: involved from data collection to insights delivery. Strong company growth
    -People/culture: very bright people working within a highly collaborative and friendly environment. Good investment in people & ongoing training opportunities.
    -Work: strong blend of analytics/data work combined with consultancy aspect & partnering with industry-leading companies -> engaging work
    -Great transparency and communication from leadership team
    -In general, AP covers all the bases to set you up to do great work

Cons

-Project teams sometimes spread out a bit too thin

Advice to Management

-Continue building out processes to develop employee career and professional growth
    -Build out and maintain compensation/benefits to attract and retain talent

7. "Marketing Science Analyst"

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Incredibly smart and dedicated group of coworkers
    2. Wide range of projects across a multitude of different industries
    3. Management willing to listen to employee concerns and accommodate interests in specific projects or analysis types

Cons

1. Work load can be overwhelming at times given its difficult to predict when projects will start & finish - teams will commonly have different work loads
    2. Expertise is usually silo'd to a few individuals and training needs to be expanded to level the playing field among teams & analysts

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Denver, CO

Pros

Young colleagues, fun and lively environment, loads of responsibility entrusted even to an intern, loads to learn, patient colleagues and managers, polite, helpful, interesting work, challenging interview process but fun, fast growing company, would love to work full time here.

Cons

No sponsorship for international students

Advice to Management

Wish AP could sponsor my H1B visa and provide me a full time opportunity to work there.

"Great people and company that is successful and growing"

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here genuinely care for one another, and everyone is happy to help. The company cares about doing great work for the clients, and their is a lot of focus on growing the business. This gives me confidence about possibilities for my career in the long run.

Cons

Because AP is growing, office space in NY is getting tight!

"Great HR Recruiting Experience"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a recent hire with AP supporting the CEO. I've worked for quite a few big four financial firms. My experience with the recruiting process from the very first screening was absolutely outstanding. My recruiter went over and beyond my expectations and placed a customized personal touch on the entire process by providing insightful pointers, thorough history on the company and very timely follow up. Her level of professionalism is very high and I can appreciate that coming from a background of the same.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons.