Analytic Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Analytic Partners President Nancy Smith
Nancy Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Everyone you work with is willing to help you learn and integrate better into the company (in 3 reviews)

• The work is interesting and you get great client exposure (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I'm pretty grateful to have found this company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Science Analyst in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing Science Analyst in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A supportive, friendly environment - you hear about consultancies being competitive and intense. Here, everybody is trying to do a good job and help others do well too. We help each other on projects, readily give advice, and try to make everybody feel good about their work. You can be honest about your mistakes and challenges, because people will just try to help you out.

We laugh a lot - everybody is a little quirky, nerdy, kind, and smart, which makes for lots of good natured jokes that lighten the mood. We like eachother and eat lunch together and have company-sponsored happy hours every month or so and a few beers on Fridays.

Reasonable hours - 9-6 M-F, there is no pressure to stay late to look good. I've had to work more than that, about 50 hours, only few times in a year. It would be great to work less, but it's a job thing

Live in Charlottesville - Best place ever. Beautiful, historic, small town. I thought I'd have to live in a big city to have a job like this, using best in class tech and advising Fortune 100 clients. Nope, you can do that right here.

Client facing and challenging analytics - You'll be prepping the data, creating models, creating insights and presentations, and you'll be delivering the results. That way, you are developing a diverse skill set and doing lots of interesting things rather than just one.

Cons

Not always seeing the results of your work - Clients don't always listen to your recommendations. I want to build actionable insights and see the work I do create value. There is less transparency than if you were doing analytics internally.

Heavy and light periods - I don't always have a good project because data comes in piecemeal or there is a lull in projects.

Reasonable hours - but hey, it would be nice to have less ;)

Not being in headquarters/ bigger company - Having an idea to implementing it, it may take a while or not happen because it may be challenging to see whether/ how your idea fits into the bigger picture of the company and other peoples' skills and roles.

"Great people and company that is successful and growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here genuinely care for one another, and everyone is happy to help. The company cares about doing great work for the clients, and their is a lot of focus on growing the business. This gives me confidence about possibilities for my career in the long run.

Cons

Because AP is growing, office space in NY is getting tight!

3. "Great HR Recruiting Experience"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a recent hire with AP supporting the CEO. I've worked for quite a few big four financial firms. My experience with the recruiting process from the very first screening was absolutely outstanding. My recruiter went over and beyond my expectations and placed a customized personal touch on the entire process by providing insightful pointers, thorough history on the company and very timely follow up. Her level of professionalism is very high and I can appreciate that coming from a background of the same.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons.

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Analytic Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a challenging job. I learned a lot.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

"right time, right career 4 me"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

positive workplace, good colleagues, hot industry, company focused, industry recognition from analyst community like Gartner, leadership always trying to do better

Cons

- HR processes need streamline and better communication
    - healthcare insurance costs too high
    - more modeling automation equals less learning opportunity for human analysts

Advice to Management

- keep up the social events and xmas parties, I dont think they are extravagent at all.
    - keep valuing people and make sure its not just lip service.
    - investing in automation is good, but too much of a good thing can turn bad

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Analytic Partners (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Great learning opportunities for all levels
    - Fast career progress
    - Talented colleages to work with

Cons

- Workload not so balanced

Advice to Management

Balance skill mix and improve diversity

"Wouldn't recommend"

I worked at Analytic Partners full-time

Pros

Flat organizational structure and smart, helpful people. Annual all expenses paid holiday party in NYC. Big-name clients. Rapidly growing.

Cons

Work bleeds into nights and weekends consistently (60+ hours a week) and with no end in sight, but the additional hours are not compensated or recognized by management. Combine this with less than competitive salary and you have an equivalent hourly rate only slightly higher than that of a part-time job in college. Several people have left in pursuit of better opportunities because of this. Work is highly repetitive but established processes are poorly documented. No relevant transferable skills except Excel, as modeling is done using proprietary software. Several reviews mention that it's a good stepping stone to something better, but the Excel skills you pick up on the job are not worth the lack of work-life balance you will have to deal with for however long you decide to stay here.

Advice to Management

The three company core values are people, passion and growth. There is a lot of passion among the employees and AP has seen a lot of growth over the past several years, but the focus on people has been severely lacking. Lack of work-life balance and low salaries have contributed to an ongoing employee retention problem. Time for a major overhaul to restore employee morale. People care less about a fancy holiday party in New York once a year and more about daily well-being and fulfillment. Focus more on people and listen to what they have to say.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time

Pros

Flat organization, good people. Lots of opportunities to take the initiative on big projects. Great exposure to high profile clients.

Cons

Work spills over into the evening hours and weekends every week. 60-70 hour weeks are common, if not expected. Organization is more focused on signing new business than supporting current employees with additional resources and better technology. Client first, employee work-life balance second, attitude is a crushing theme. Employee retention is another large issue. What little documentation of (cumbersome) processes that exists only exacerbates management's inability to keep talent. The result is enormous strain on talented employees who remain loyal - less than competitive salary, long hours, insufficient software platforms, the list goes on.

Many employees are constantly frustrated at how much work they have, and at how unrewarding the struggle to complete said work feels in the face of little recognition.

Advice to Management

Slow down, let your company catch its breath and stop chasing so much growth. Many employees are beyond dedicated, but desperate for more support. Reward hard work with the tools, resources, and employee redundancy that would keep work-life balance in check. There are too many great opportunities out there for young talented people today. Prospective hires would rather take higher pay and a more comfortable work-life balance than a fancy NYC holiday party. As it stands I can't recommend anyone start their career with AP, even if its just as a stepping stone to something better.

9. "Associate Analyst"

Pros

Work is varied; people are knowledgeable

Cons

Lack of established systems for most ongoing projects

"Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time

Pros

Great people for the most part who are very supportive and easy to get on with which really helps during busy windows

Cons

Long hours that is not fully appreciated by leadership or clients. Too client focussed at the expense of own people

Advice to Management

Plan projects with more contigency and with greater resource. Push back more on unrealistic client expectations that put staff in impossible situations