Analytic Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for the NYC office for a summer intern analyst position. First step consisted of a phone call with HR rep, and then an in-person day of 4 different interviews with employees at the company of all different levels.

Overall a very positive experience. HR was extremely friendly and timely with their communication, and the response time was quick. Everyone I met at the office were very friendly. Beautiful location and office, seemed like people were genuinely friends and enjoyed working together. Questions were all fit based, no technicals. Got an offer within a week. Turned it down since I had a few other offers from different companies, but everything I saw about Analytic was ver positive.

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview, then had an in person interview with four different team members. Everyone was very pleasant and the in person interview was a great way to gauge the company culture (which was pretty great, people were really friendly with each other and seemed really on the ball work wise. Seemed like a place where employees definitely didn't dread going to work everyday and where you could learn quite a bit)

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website with a cover letter and resume. One week later I was asked to take some tests, a basic math/reading one and a personality test. I practiced for a couple hours before testing and they were fun. I had a phone interview one week later, which I felt went poorly. I was still asked in for an in-person interview one week later, then was frustrated when it was rescheduled last minute. I had pretty low expectations, but I really enjoyed my in-person interview. I had 5 half hour interviews with people throughout the company. The first included a few math/critical thinking questions, which I did not do great on, but the rest were behavioral. I felt the interviewers were all friendly and sharp. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• How many pizzas are consumed in the US each year?
      How would the ROI change if we increased units? Decreased costs?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why did you leave your previous job?
      Tell me about a project you did that went poorly.
      Tell me about a project that went well?
      How have you worked with data?

Marketing Science Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analytic Partners.

Interview

Phone Interview.

"I like your qualifications. I'll follow you up with the next steps soon!"

No response at all for a whole week

Unprofessional and deceiving.

Marketing Science Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analytic Partners in June 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, asked to set aside 10-30 minutes for the interview, ended up being closer to 30 minutes long
    Asked typical HR questions first then more position specific questions
    Gave time at the end for you to ask questions of them- prepare questions ahead of time so you use this time wisely to ask good questions

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (Charlottesville, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Received short email from someone in HR stating, “We are very impressed with your resume. Please take this cognitive test”. Test took almost an hour. About a week later, I got an email from the director stating that she wanted to chat with me for about 20 minutes. During our “phone interview”, she didn’t sound very thrilled or friendly at all. I felt like she was calling to just check off the boxes and wasn’t genially interested in learning about my abilities or me as a person. I’m a very friendly and open person so it felt very awkward trying to be nice/connect with someone who was so cold. Two days later I got a standard email from HR stating I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about your job now.
      2) What type of analytical tools do you use?
      3) Do you use excel and how often/what do you do in excel?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for their internship position online, and they contacted me to take a personality and technical assessment. It took 34 days from when initially sent my application til the rejection email. They brought me in for an interview after they got my test results. They originally scheduled for 4 interviewers for me to talk to in an hour, but I guess they didn't like my interview performance, so they cut it short after two. (They said the last two were stuck in a meeting but I'm not too sure about that)

Interview Questions

• What makes you the most qualified candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners in March 2016.

Interview

I initially submitted my application in February after seeing the opportunity listed on a job board. Two weeks later, I received an email that stated they "were impressed with my qualifications". A link was provided to complete two assessment tests (the CCAT and EPP). I put aside ~30 minutes in my schedule to complete both these tests. A week later, I heard from a director of the company via email to schedule a phone interview that would last 5-10 minutes. The following day, I spoke to a female director for 8 minutes on the phone. She sounded extremely nervous (she lacked fundamental interviewing skills), and didn't have many questions to ask me. I asked her two questions about the role, and she didn't provide detailed answers at all. I answered her questions with lengthy verbal responses. When it was her turn to answer my questions, she gave 1-2 sentence responses to my questions.

Eventually, the call ended because there was no topics to further expand on. She told me, "Great! I'll pass my notes on to HR, and they'll contact you within a week".

Just a tip to anyone applying, save yourself the time from applying to "AP". The assessment tests were extremely nerve racking. Also, it's difficult to discover more about the position than originally listed in the job posting. You won't be able to obtain any information that would propel you forward in the interviewing process. Also, this company requires you to work long hours instead of working hard or smart. Do your research on the company and what previous employees have said about the position you applied to.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The first step is to complete an online test, combining verbal and quantitive contents. Then onsite, go to the office directly, meet 4~5 people of manager, tech, data, hr. If everything goes well, might be another onsite, meet another 3~5 people, sometimes some duplicate persons. Then after a long time waiting they'll let you know the result.
    pros: good team, some good people
    cons: inefficiency process, sometimes chaos

Interview Questions

• why AP? what's your strength and weakness? some time that you have conflict with your team?
      go through your details in your resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Analytic Partners.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed over the phone. Very casual. They asked questions regarding my experience in data analytic as well as my university course work. Interviewer was a relatively new hire, but overall the process was smooth and relaxed. Did not receive offer based insufficient experience/ years in school

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself?
      Q: What are your analytical experience