Antec Reviews | Glassdoor

Antec Reviews

Found 17 reviews

2.9
Andrew Lee

"“Great company moving to change directions and overcome some past challenges; excellent road ahead of growth and profit."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Antec full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Working with employees is like a family, everybody looks out to each other. Employees are easy to work with and very outgoing. More room for improvements.

Cons

Not a lot of projects. Products have a short lifespan and the fun meter on new products are somewhat low.Engineers does not listen to ideas and suggestions.

Advice to Management

Change the direction and move on and expand more products to other customers. Listen to some employees and changes should be implemented. Provide moral support to departments.

Antec2015-03-02

July 4, 2016General Manager

Thank you for your constructive criticism. It's highly appreciated that you have voiced your opinion in a format that's easy to understand and highlights points we need to improve upon. Projects come and go. However, we do understand the need to provide more engaging and thoughtful ...

2. "Terrible Company"

I worked at Antec full-time

Pros

Good coworkers who try to work hard with what they've got. Good starter job.

Cons

Not much support in the way of customer support, team building, bad management, negligent upper management, cheap as heck, ignores customers, company is overall moving in a very sad direction for all of its history.

Advice to Management

Close up the building and give up on Antec, fulfill your rebates and close all tickets. Get customer service that are experienced and pay them what they deserve, they are the backbone of your company. Also stop favoring the Taiwanese speaking employees, discrimination is very ugly.

Antec2016-11-24

"Excellent company with bright future and bright products!!!"

I have been working at Antec

Pros

Antec is a 28yr. old company with a lot of history. It has gone through its up and downs as many companies have. They brought in a new General Manager a couple of years ago to revamp the company. In that time there has been many positive changes with a focus on new business development and employee moral. The companies provides free drinks and snacks and bring in lunch for special events and holidays. Antec has been...

Cons

Employees who don't understand that companies have to advance and morph over time to be competitive in the ever changing marketplace.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee development. Continue to create great and industry leading products and developing new markets for Antec's products.

Antec2015-02-25

"Disconnected, Unorganized, and Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Antec full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Friendships between coworkers are made because you weather a chaotic storm together. High turnover rate means more responsibility for everybody. If you can stand being overworked and stressed you will get some hands on experience.

Cons

Disconnected: Upper management (the family that owns the company) is clueless and unprofessional. Basic industry standards such as market research, outbound sales development, or product development schedules are nonexistent. The decision making process can be summarized is as such: "Guys I decided _______, forget everything I said last week. I want you to do all this other work because I said so." Unorganized:...

Advice to Management

Greed and pride clouds judgement, and limits the natural growth of your employees and thus the company. Be open, and don't silo your teams. Open up communication and don't be afraid to receive advice. Remember that success is not just the result of the leadership team but a combination of effort from the entire company.

Antec2015-02-14

February 20, 2015General Manager

These are some serious points that will be addressed and considered. The issues brought up in this review are all valid and do prove certain points. Being in the industry for 28 years has created a lot of disconnect within certain aspects of the company. We believe that these ...

"Everyone needs a new start"

I have been working at Antec full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

There's a shift in the environment. They're having more activities and social events at work. Management is improving their efforts to helping to change the company

Cons

Still needs time to grow

Advice to Management

Keep looking forward and promote change.

Antec2014-11-04

"A Ok job for starter ."

I worked at Antec

Pros

Co-workers are super nice and friendly .

Cons

Management playing favors all the time. You really need to get into good term with your boss in order to get any pay raise or promotions.

Antec2014-09-10

October 21, 2014General Manager

Thank you for your response. We understand the need to improve and can comfortably say we are on the transition to change. We will improve and take recommendations seriously.

"Chaos"

I worked at Antec full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The products were used to be great.

Cons

No new creative products. Terrible management.

Advice to Management

Grow out of your family business. No leadership.

Antec2014-08-03

October 21, 2014General Manager

Antec did start as a family business, however, management is slowly transitioning and we hope to improve our professional management team soon! It is very exciting times! Thank you for your recommendation.

"Very bad company"

I have been working at Antec full-time

Pros

Casual, coworkers are nice, good weather in Fremont

Cons

Very bad management that do not understand anything, pay is low, very little benefits, work desks & computers are old

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you know everything. Work with employees instead of controlling them

Antec2014-01-27

October 21, 2014General Manager

Being around since 1986 does mean we do collect a lot of historic relics, especially in the computer world. None the less, all good things must pass. We will look into updating the office as a priority, as well as work on management.

• "Decent Job"

I worked at Antec full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Laid back work environment that values creative thinking and provides opportunity for growth into various roles. there are plenty of resources to utilize when you have a question. Really friendly staff.

Cons

Sometimes you will get stuck in a day to day routine. The work can be repetitive but there is also opportunity to develop new skills here and there. Its tough to get in for a decent salary though.

Antec2013-04-04

"Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrator in Fremont, CA

I worked at Antec full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Very friendly and funny coworkers

Cons

Very unfriendly and unfunny managers

Advice to Management

Get a sense of humor

Antec2012-07-21