Apex Learning Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Apex Learning CEO Cheryl Vedoe
Cheryl Vedoe

Pros
  • Great product and great company support in communicating the value proposition (in 5 reviews)

• There is a sense of camaraderie amongst your fellow employees and I enjoy working with such smart, talented and friendly people (in 3 reviews)

"Apex Learning"

I worked at Apex Learning full-time

Pros

Small company with exceptionally talented coworkers

Cons

Too bad I was laid off

2. "Continuous Growth/ Great Culture"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Apex Learning full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with the Apex Learning for a very long time and enjoyed being part of a company that makes a positive impact on our society. Over the years we have grown to be a large company and a leader in our space, but I still feel comfortable sharing my thoughts with the CEO and executive team.

Cons

Promotion from within can happen, but only to a certain level. To take the next step in your career, it may require you finding a job at another company.

Advice to Management

More opportunities to continue education, learn new skills.

"A job where I actually made a difference"

Current Employee - Audio Editor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Audio Editor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Apex Learning full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hard-working, hands-on, team environment; good pay/benefits for full time, Deadline-oriented and engaging workplace for creatives in search of adopting new skill sets and challenges.

Cons

Tendency for creative solutions to fall by wayside in favor of more expedient, immediate ones. A corporate culture of minimally viable product delivered on time/budget as opposed to the investment in producing the best quality on the market.

"Rapidly Deteriorating Morale Issues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Apex Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

•Exceptionally high caliber employees - some of the most dedicated, creative people I have ever had the privilege to work with.
    •Lots of opportunity to move into other departments with possibilities of advancement.

Cons

•Unless you happen to be a member of one of the "favored" departments/teams you can expect to get little to no encouragement or acknowledgement from managers and executives.
    •Many teams are technologically in the dark ages, trying their best to accomplish their goals with manual - intensive and outdated processes.

Advice to Management

My advice to management - get out of your offices and talk to your people. ALL OF THEM. Not just supervisors, managers, fellow directors and executives.
    There is a high level of dissatisfaction due to feeling unappreciated and unacknowledged among your employees. For all of the CEO's talk of having a "collegial" atmosphere, that atmosphere is not felt among the vast majority of employees.
    Step out of your comfort zone and try to get to know your people and acknowledge their contribution. Not just verbally, either...they are absolutely amazing and unless you start making them feel appreciated, you are in danger of continuing to lose your most valuable assets as morale plummets.
    Another piece of advice; stop making penny - wise pound - foolish business decisions. When you decide to take on business from a client that expects us to deliver the universe on a silver platter with little to no benefit to our company, you are cheapening the efforts of your employees and contributing to their feelings of being valueless to executives.
    This advice is given in the hopes that the executives and the board members will take it to heart. Your employees have so much faith and pride in our product. Show them that you see and appreciated all that they do for Apex Learning.

"Great Place to Work"

Pros

Great product and great company support in communicating the value proposition.

Cons

Courses are viewed as too hard.

"Great colleagues but lower end of salary"

I worked at Apex Learning full-time

Pros

-Great, creative colleagues
    -Focus on importance of education

Cons

-Despite being an online education company, does not offer tuition reimbursement
    -On the lower end of the pay scale for similar positions in the same market

Advice to Management

Please consider offering either tuition reimbursement or raising the salary of your positions to market value. This would improve overall satisfaction and experience.

8. "Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Apex Learning full-time

Pros

Nice people. Fun perks for employees. Great work life balance.

Cons

As with any company, there are some politics but my department has a good leader that helps us navigate through that. Some of the management has been here a long time and they are set in their ways and are not always open to change.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people. Be open to new ideas.

"Apex Learning is the place to be."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Apex Learning (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are amazing, people are GREAT. There is value for work life balance within this company. You are most often provided with new opportunities to learn and expand your own personal knowledge throughout your career.

Cons

Commuter benefits are a great perk, however, commute into downtown is not always pleasant.

10. "Content is king"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

During my time at the company I've been able to work on some incredibly rewarding projects, learn from some smart individuals and make some of my closest friends. Apex actually cares about personal growth and has helped me grow both personally and professionally

Cons

none come to mind. its been very postive

Advice to Management

Do well by your employees - they'll continue to bring their best to the office every day

"Help Desk Technician"

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Maple Valley, WA
    Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Maple Valley, WA

I have been working at Apex Learning (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to work with people

Cons

Does not pay well and is located in Seattle.