Appleton Talent Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Glenn Clayton

Pros
  • By far, this has been the best company I've worked for (in 2 reviews)

• The company is constantly growing, which is great (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs a crash course on effective communicating (in 3 reviews)

• Appleton is a growing company, however has not yet mastered how to become proactive vs (in 2 reviews)

1. "AWESOME"

I have been working at Appleton Talent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

By far, this has been the best company I've worked for. Everyone is goal oriented and helpful. The company encourages everyone to become the best person they can be while offering a helping hand to get you there!

Cons

I do not have any

2. "Love Working Here"

I have been working at Appleton Talent full-time

Pros

I started out as a Lead Teacher for the after school program. During that time, I was shown that my work and dedication was not going unnoticed. My Supervisor was always understanding, supportive, and willing to give additional coaching if needed. Within the last year, I have been promoted twice. They have shown that they genuinely care and want their employees to succeed in their role. I don't have co-workers, I have a family! Love my job and the people I work with!

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say.

3. "Great"

Current Employee - Special Education Paraprofessional in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Special Education Paraprofessional in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Appleton Talent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick hiring , being around kids

Cons

No cons to the jon

5. "Not the best place to work"

Current Employee - Afterschool Counselor in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Afterschool Counselor in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Appleton Talent part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with kids was pretty fun

Cons

Negative management, very unorganized, short notice on a lot of things

Advice to Management

clean house and start all over

6. "Ilc"

Current Employee - In-house Learning Center Aide in Huntsville, TX
    Current Employee - In-house Learning Center Aide in Huntsville, TX

I have been working at Appleton Talent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good company to work for.

Cons

No pay advancement at all

Advice to Management

Get a better training class schedule going

"Growing Company!"

Current Employee - Support Team Member in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Support Team Member in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Appleton is a company that has been constantly growing over the past few years. There's a lot of room to move around in the company, and that's definitely a plus. The atmosphere in the office is refreshing but fast paced at most times.

Cons

This is not necessarily a con, but there are times that you will have a lot on your plate. You have to be able to balance those slow times with the extremely upbeat times.

"Buckle up - we're moving quickly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Yes, things move quickly and there's loads to do. But it's not a negative... in fact, it's exciting. The groundwork is being laid for growth and positioning as a influencer in the education sector. Appleton wants to improve schools and make the lives better for those that work and learn in them. Every day, all day, we're engaging with people in the schools.

The management team and directors work side by side every one else, and care about our work lives and family time. Some of the busyness is seasonal, so there are high volume times and low volume. When we've communicated what is working and what is not, they've done their best to be responsive to that.

Cons

Long days, when they happen, can be not fun. Same with stressful situations and deadlines. But what jobs don't have those things? Appleton has had issues in the past with maintaining focus and clear direction (at least for us all to see it), but things are resolving quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue working to clearly communicate corporate vision and how we can individually play a part. Keep us in the loop and provide a solid roadmap. That way we'll stay excited about the future.

"Love it!"

I have been working at Appleton Talent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appleton has a CEO with vision. The management team works hard and has high expectations, but cares about their employees. The team members are some of the best people you'll ever work with. The work is meaningful and compelling. A culture where mistakes are opportunities for learning and growth, not career ending events. Working hard toward a worthy goal is very empowering.

Cons

The fast pace and aggressive goals are not for everyone. Because Appleton is blazing new trails, sometimes course corrections are required, which can be difficult to adjust to.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to connect with every employee and inspire them with a vision of where Appleton can take them. There is so much opportunity in this company's future that everyone should be excited about what the future will bring.

"This is a fast growing company that lacks HR policies, professionalism, and organization."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Appleton Talent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It has a group of talent people with degrees and/or experience worth knowing. Everyone is talented. It's a great opportunity to learn.

Cons

These same people are underutilized, over looked, and over worked. Promotion is based off of relationships solely. Management lacks experience and professionalism. They have mastered to develop a "quick fix" process for every issue. This can be interruptive and heavily affect employees lifestyles, morale, and time. These "quick fixes" are not thought out long term solutions and tend to have to be fixed by another.

"Growing company that overworks and overwhelms their corporate employees, low pay."

Former Employee - Program Team Member in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Program Team Member in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Appleton Talent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is constantly growing, which is great! They provide great benefits for their corporate employees as well.

Cons

The workload at Appleton is never-ending. If you are a hardworking employee, by the end of each day you will be extremely exhausted. The pay is incredibly low for the work that you are doing and the amount of pressure that you will be under. I would say that this company would be a good fit for entry-level positions but I would be lying.

There is the lure of growing and moving up with the company... however it's just an illusion, another tactic to keep retention down.

Advice to Management

In order to successfully grow, without the threat of collapse, you should put serious effort into increasing your support staff, not increasing your Sales team.

Currently the management team works in a completely different building than their support team which creates an unattached environment. Management is respected when they work in the trenches with their employees. How can you feel their pain if you are not present?

Appleton Talent Response

Apr 1, 2016 – VP Operations, Finance

Thank you for your review. The satisfaction of our team members is extremely important to us, and we are currently putting measures in place to address concerns like yours. We're happy to talk with ... More