Aprima Medical Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Depends on your department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Aprima Medical Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work but

Cons

Depends who you work for

Advice to Management

Pay attention to which departments have high turnover

2. "HL7 Interface Analyst"

Current Employee - HL7 Analyst in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - HL7 Analyst in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Aprima Medical Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is moving it's headquarters to new facility in Richardson, TX, Sept 2016. Opportunity for growth.

Cons

Management doesn't communicate with employees to it's potential. Too much turf wars between departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees to understand their needs in order to better support the clients. This will be better for all in the long run.

3. "HL7 Interface Analyst"

Current Employee - HL7 Interface Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - HL7 Interface Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Aprima Medical Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co Workers. Laid back environment until one of the special clients have an issue. CEO is very personable and understanding

Cons

Everything else. Disconnect between departments. No understanding of what is going on on each end of the the building.

Advice to Management

Know your people, offer opportunities for growth

"Not what I thought it would be."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Very few, but met a lot of really nice people.

Cons

No training on company products. Very separated from other teams. Home office is old and in need of a remodel. Many managers work remotely leading to a lack of connection and training.

Advice to Management

Focus on team building and becoming more modern in your business tactics.

"Extremely Dissatisfied With Training and Supervision"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Richardson, TX

I worked at Aprima Medical Software part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Care Strategies/Aprima RCM is located in Richardson, Texas. The location is in a pleasant area near Dallas, Texas. The company allows for flexible work schedules. Employees are permitted to dress business casual or casual. Once a month is employee appreciation day.

Cons

The training and supervision at Health Care Strategies (medical billing and coding division) is severely disappointing and offensive. The first few months on the job I had to depend on my busy and overwhelmed co-workers to train me on nearly everything which was inefficient and unpleasant. I received no formal training on resolving customer complaints therefore patients and customers have complained in detail about the poor customer service.

The medical billing and coding software called Aprima takes too long to learn and master which can take a few months. The work is very fast-paced and excessive for the given time-windows and for me the software was unhelpful, inefficient, and not user friendly nor did it simplify complicated billing procedures.

Management in my department are duplicitous and set me up to fail several times. My work projects were poorly scrutinized by someone unqualified to do so, policies were changed or not followed, mixed messages were executed on a regular basis, I have been made to look inconsistent, those supportive of me were discredited, a hostile environment of confusion and unfairness was created, and I was given projects that I had not been thoroughly prepared to assume leading to misunderstandings, mistakes, and failures. Management withholds recognition, encouragement, and pertinent information regarding deadlines which causes a vicious cycle of poor productivity and a hostile work environment.

I believe that I cannot have personal or professional growth at this disappointing corporation. Furthermore, I believe that I experienced constructive discharge.

Advice to Management

Management need to learn labor laws and anti-discrimination laws. They desperately need to learn new management skill sets. The vice-presidents need to fire unproductive supervisors.

6. "Consultant"

Pros

Arguably one of the best EMR/PM applications in the industry. Software is quite easy to setup, learn and use and unique features let it actually learn your particular practice patterns. While not built as a web-based product it is deployable and configured as such.

Cons

Company has yet to learn how to deploy a major release. Product needs far more QA and testing before placed in production. Support should have 2x as many people and new technology/methods for support call routing and handling should be utitlized. This requires investment but company seems unwilling to invest.

Advice to Management

CEO is terrific within industry but guarded in leadership--he would make excellent COO as his analysis could improve many aspects of company. SVP M. Richards should be CEO.

"Unethical Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Aprima Medical Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot think of any pros for this company. I cannot wait to find another job and give my resignation.

Cons

This is the most dishonest, unethical and unprofessional company I have ever worked for. I feel sorry for all of the clients. Most of the clients are figuring out the company has no integrity and getting out of their contracts as soon as they can.

Advice to Management

Fire all upper management at RCM

8. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Aprima Medical Software full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, nice people, well managed and everyone gets along well. I genuinely like everyone that I work with! I highly recommend the place.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I don't necessarily like about Aprima. Every place can use improvement but nothing concrete comes to mind.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything that I could change really. I feel like management does a decent job of communicating.

"I should have gone with my instincts from day one and not returned for day two."

Pros

They hire completely inexperienced people, including family members, so if that's you and you don't mind low pay, you're in!

Cons

This is a Mom and Pop type business that has completely outgrown the original owners abilities to run their own company. They have been acquired by the Aprima software company, but unfortunately, no real progress has been made. Upper management is dishonest, passive agressive and corrupt at its core. The mismanagement has lead to any qualified, experienced, intelligent employees walking out the door.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified people

Bring in consultants to reorganize and restructure, starting at the top.

Be prepared to lose your job in the process.

Payroll clerk needs to be institutionalized.

Director of Billing should not be sleeping with newly appointed and married CFO.

10. "Implementation Specialist"

I worked at Aprima Medical Software full-time

Pros

Great team of people

Cons

Company communication needs improvement between department and clients.