Arcus Reviews | Glassdoor

1.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Firestone

1. "Not so fast"

Pros

there are none to talk about

Cons

a lot they promise you that their going to hire after you have done things to get the job, then they say that's not what we meant and we not going to hire that position for months
    don't trust the person who you will be calling you , and don't do or give them any of your customers names who distributors

2. "Dirt comes back to bite ya in the butt"

Former Employee - Acct Manager in Hummelstown, PA
    Former Employee - Acct Manager in Hummelstown, PA

I worked at Arcus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

Everything was a lie and was spoon fed to us. Demanding and went bankrupt because the CEO spent all the money. We trained our replacements and were sent packing. How about jobs in America...

Advice to Management

We don't care about your status or that you drive a mercedez. You don't treat people like they are stupid

3. "Cash poor company that is totally mismanaged"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hummelstown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hummelstown, PA

Pros

They have a bar at work....you need it to deal with the hypocrisy. They have a gym, but the equipment is used and beat up. The showers have good water pressure with plenty of hot water.

Cons

Company is totally mismanaged from the Owner on down. Company is cash poor and doesn't pay consultants for 120+ days, yet sales is ordered to manage non payment issues while the owner goes to Costa Rica once a month, many times wasting money by bringing his family. They spend money on the most ridiculous things. There is a very good reason they are lo longer one of the best places to work. I have never seen company morale so bad in my entire life. They let some really good people go while bringing in a VP of Business Development who hasn't brought in 1 new account in a year. Had to recently sell off IT and Health Care becuase they were so behind on payment issues. Email is 24 x 7 and you are expected to respond to every email within minutes. Total sweat shop.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with reality.

5. "Behind the Scenes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hummelstown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hummelstown, PA

Pros

- Lot's of fun activities designed up by Management

Cons

- Management does not communicate to anyone about direction of the business
    - Culture does not feel genuine - seems more by design
    - 4X7 Response to emails required
    - Limited vacation - 2 week notice for vacation is mandatory

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to business than controlling the masses. You hire some good people, let them do their jobs.

6. "4 usd for a placement???"

I worked at Arcus full-time

Pros

I met a lot of nice people at Arcus. When the company was good it was the best place to work. Great memories. I can't complain about the trainning and the experience in recruitment I got there. The best mentors ever.

Cons

I got a bonus of $4 USD for a placement. It was a really hard position to fill in. I knew the company earned thousands of dollars for my contribution but nobody cared...well, the person who received the huge check definitely did it when he spent the money. I remembered exactly the moment I put my hand for the dollars...humiliating...Was it fair? With my bonus I bought a milk box. Still waiting my Barcusita's nomination for the week.