Array Architects Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Numerous Opportunities"

Current Employee - Director of Finance in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Director of Finance in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Array Architects full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel compelled to write a review as response to the anonymous post made on August 25th as my experience and perception of Array has been startlingly different.
    I joined Array as an accountant over 3 years ago. In that brief time, I have taken on significant responsibility and learned a new industry (I came from Public Accounting and Architecture was very foreign). I have been challenged and coached by the most respected leaders in their field and I have been given boundless opportunity to grow into a confident and respected professional in my field. This would not have been possible without the continuous efforts of Array leadership. With their guidance and unwavering support, I now lead the Business Office as the Director of Finance.
    I think a cornerstone of Array culture is Continuous Improvement. I admire the tireless efforts of teammates who are willing to challenge existing processes, work collaboratively to develop better processes, and then implement those processes so that Array continues to be one of the best in the industry. A hallmark of the continuous improvement process is that it is continuous. We never stop improving. I wouldn’t want to work for a firm where we didn’t all roll up our sleeves and do the heavy lifting necessary to excel. Now, a possible outcome of attempting change is that you fail and that you feel uncomfortable stumbling through those new ideas. But failure is just part of the process of learning and growing. It is an opportunity that I now embrace because it teaches me how to be a better leader-both in my personal life and my professional life.
    I admire and respect my peers and the leadership that I work with at Array. And, equally as important, I feel respected by them. In three years, I have never asked a question (and honestly, I pepper people with questions non-stop) and didn’t receive a helpful response. I have never asked for help and was turned away.
    To sum this all up, I am very happy at Array and I believe that I am still evolving into the leader that I aspire to be. I think the Array team is constantly striving to improve not only work processes but company culture.

To the anonymous employee who feels marginalized, I would challenge you to step out from the shadows of internet anonymity and use the tools that you have been given at Array to affect change within the firm. You have every opportunity to do so.

Cons

Array has a fast paced environment which may be seen as a con for some-but it is very rewarding and very worth-while.

2. "Healthcare Planner"

I have been working at Array Architects full-time

Pros

Innovative company with a focus on process-led design. The company continues to grow by getting bigger and higher-profile projects, hiring bright people, and opening offfices.

Cons

If there is a downside to working here it is the pace of change. It is exciting and challenging, but sometimes it gets difficult to keep up. I enjoy it, but some people may not.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus effort on the quality of the work. It is important to deliver high quality design in addition to the many services that are offered at Array.

3. "Collaborative Atmosphere Makes Coming to Work Something to Look Forward To"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Array Architects full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Array rewards hard work and continues to provide advanced technology to enable staff to do their best work. Leadership is ahead of the curve when implementing ideas and exploring new avenues of innovation. No idea brought to the weekly huddles is too small or too extreme - mgmt listen to all ideas and encourages the team to discover creative solutions.

Cons

No cons, coming to work is not a bore or stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing what you are doing 'behind the scenes' when you can. Knowing new tools, resources, etc. are coming is exciting!

4. "A creative and focused firm that is transforming healthcare deisgn"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Array Architects full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Array has some very talented healthcare designers supported by a wide variety of other professionals. This combination makes Array a very creative and thoughtful organization to be part of. They approach the delivery healthcare design much differently that most firms and solving our clients problems is at the forefront of every engagement.

Cons

While the firm benefits from a relatively flat corporate structure, it does tend to reduce mentorship by Sr leaders although leadership does acknowledge this and is attempting to address it.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to raise the bar for the healthcare design profession.

5. "It was great at first"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Array Architects full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are passionate about what they do. The CEO seems to truly care about employees as people, not just "resources". As a whole, the company does try to stay ahead of industry trends. It also tries to increase employee satisfaction. There is a very, very small amount of flexibility in the hours you work. It's better than nothing, which is what they had before.

Cons

The company is growing faster than it can keep up with itself. It's hiring more people, but not in the areas where people are most needed.

Internal projects (opportunities for improvement) are mostly half-cocked and go unfinished before senior leadership moves on to the "next big thing". So at any given moment, half the company is working on an out-dated process.

Aside from a select few, most managers, directors, and principals are unwilling to change and seem to be incapable of listening to ideas from those "beneath" them.

The idea that there are people who are "above" everyone else is very prominent. And there is a significant lack of communication of any kind. No top-down communication, no communication between office locations or even between teams. You'd never know that you're all working for the same company.

There are a lot of cliques. The culture is too much like high school. If you're "in", you're fine. Corporate politics are a huge problem and impedes the progress the company is trying to achieve. You have to tip-toe around a lot of egos.

Many managers seem almost fearful of employees who are competent and initiative. But with a corporate structure that allows for no upward career movement, they may be afraid these employees are "out for their jobs".

There is no HR with the authority to mediate when issues arise. And with so many egos at one company, there are often loud complaints about one employee or another. Even management feels free to emotionally abuse their employees because who's going to stop them?

If you like the idea of working from home, this is not the company for you. Even though employees would all like to have that option, working from home is highly frowned upon (unless you're a manager, director, principal, etc.). Some managers don't even like the "flexible" schedule policy.

Advice to Management

Hit the pause button! Finish one internal process before moving on to another.

LISTEN to your employees. Don't just send a satisfaction survey once a month and ignore it. And if you are taking measures based on those surveys, COMMUNICATE those efforts. Employees are not psychic.

Hire and empower a HR team. Give this team the authority they need to appropriately handle HR complaints, insurance grievances, and whatever else HR does.

No one wants company-branded swagger as a reward for overachieving, putting in overtime, etc. Put that money toward a better PTO policy or a better communications infrastructure.

Array Architects Response

Aug 31, 2017 – CEO

While I disagree with much of the ascertains in this review, I do understand that someone may have differing opinions on issues that are near and dear to them. It is for this reason that we conduct... More

6. "Architect"

Current Employee - Architect in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Architect in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Array Architects (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very progressive in delivering services which translates into career enhancing experiences for individuals. They continue to look at process as a way to enhance their service offerings and while adding new service lines that enhance their value to clients.

Cons

In their drive to ensure that their value proposition to healthcare clients remains relevant, the firm is always in a state of continuous improvement which for some can be disruptive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Intern"

Pros

Great staff at South FL office

Cons

Smaller office so management did not focus much on our work

8. "Good Firm"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Array Architects full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On the cutting edge of technology and architecture

Cons

High turnover rate which is disturbing

Advice to Management

Keep your employees, improve benefits

9. "Great company"

Former Employee - Architectural Designer
    Former Employee - Architectural Designer

Pros

Great place to work! Great benefits. Amazing team mates

Cons

Cant really think of any cons. Always had the best time working at Array Architects

10. "Architectural Designer"

Current Employee - Architect in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Architect in New York, NY

I have been working at Array Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn how to grow professionally.

Cons

A lot of miscommunication from management sometimes.