Arrowhead Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris L. Walker

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Arrowhead Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, car allowance, no weekends, decent benefits, flexibility in schedule

Cons

poor training, no warm leads, internal resources are not helpful, learn as you go and hope you learn environment, no structure, quoting systems are dated, no consistency in ANYTHING, very difficult to get "book of business" and renewal commission questions answered.

Advice to Management

Invest in the "World Class Training" that was promised during the interview. Be honest with potential candidates about the overall company and its current structure and the turnover. Orientation should be within the first 2 weeks not months later.

2. "Worked for 2 1/2 years found somewhere else."

Former Employee - Underwriting Assistant in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Underwriting Assistant in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Arrowhead Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are awesome to work with and when they do company events they are a blast! The facility could use some work especially the bathrooms.

Cons

No one is held accountable for their work load and pay is not adequate for the job being performed. Benefits are not that good.

3. "Not the Best"

Former Employee - Commercial Lines Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Commercial Lines Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Arrowhead Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Off early before a holiday, great work stations, fun co-workers.

Cons

Management immature. No training for new people. Expectations not always realistic.

Advice to Management

Train your leaders how to talk to people!

5. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Denver, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Denver, NC

I worked at Arrowhead Insurance (More than a year)

Pros

access to Zurich Insurance programs and direct markets products
    good benefits plan
    Some access to Brown and Brown programs

Cons

National Management team but with large regional regional management structure ; especially insensitive markets in North Carolina and similar states
    Need more access to Brown and Brown programs

Advice to Management

Listen to their field sales representatives, set up smaller management groups within their huge Regional system

6. "My time at Arrowhead was generally pleasant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Arrowhead Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Friendly, casual atmosphere
    * Straight forward and well communicated expectations
    * At the time of my employment, the building had a cafeteria that served breakfast and lunch with a variety of options, which was a big plus for me.
    * The customer service department offered flexible shifts.

Cons

* The benefits structure was confusing
    * No 401(k) matching
    * Some of the systems were glitchy but I believe they've resolved those issues in the time since I worked there
    * Though my position was supposed to be a salaried position, my paycheck came to me in an hourly fashion which meant that the amount fluctuated.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't have much to say to management. The people that I keep in touch with at the company still enjoy their jobs and a few have had the opportunity to advance. Any issues that might have occurred were the normal types that happen at all offices, nothing major.

Arrowhead Insurance Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

The company has a great 401(k) match.

"Customer Service Support"

Current Employee - Customer Service Support in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Support in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Arrowhead Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has excellent benefits including stock options.

Cons

The challenges of the day is our clients we talk to on a daily basis.

"Making Insurance a little less boring"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Arrowhead Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office was just overhauled so it looks great. There is a lot of transparency between management and staff, and there is an open door policy that's great. Very good starting pay and opportunities to learn and grow, if you take them. Lots of autonomy from my manager, which I really enjoy and appreciate as most people don't appreciate being micromanaged.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from division. Training leaves much to be desired, as there really isn't any or enough. Always rushing to the next deadline means that there isn't enough time to learn to do your job better. If you want the personal growth aspects, you'll need to learn some of them outside of the job, because you're always working to the next project or issue. Lack of organization from division and constant changes make it frustrating. Benefits could (and should) be so much better, since we work for an insurance company. Everything is an add-on, and costs and arm and a leg.

Advice to Management

Give your employees time to learn their jobs and time to grow into them. Stop rushing from project to project and focus on the overall growth of the team and departments.

9. "Ok for the interim, keep moving though for long term employment."

Current Employee - 21st Floor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - 21st Floor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Arrowhead Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They just remodeled the building, so everything is newly decorated. Most of the teammates support one another. There are flexible schedules if you're full-time and have been there awhile.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from division and management. Training leaves much to be desired, as there really isn't barley any or close to enough. There is a serious lack of training. We are always rushing to meet deadlines. That means there is not enough time to learn work on setting procedures to work more effectively. My department employees are underpaid. There is minimal opportunity for personal growth, there is a real lack for promotion within most departments. Benefits are not great, benefits are weak at best. Doesn't have good medical coverage, the medical plan options available to employees are overpriced with minimal coverage.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the hard work and devotion of long term employees. Offer advancement opportunities within.

"Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Arrowhead Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable, growth oriented, culture can be very fun, promote from within. I actually admire that most of the senior management have worked in the company for many years and have been promoted through the ranks holding different roles and responsibilities. There are many opportunities within different business units once you're on the inside and have learned to navigate the office culture.

Cons

Corporate politics in the middle management level can be tiring.

Advice to Management

I think that the company is run very well with the spirit focused on growth, keep that up. Overall benefits package is subpar -- this is an insurance company and the insurance benefits are bad, doesn't add up.

"Boring & frustrating, but with decent pay, benefits, atmosphere, and people"

I have been working at Arrowhead Insurance full-time

Pros

Good starting pay, opportunity for growth. Depending on manager, you have a decent amount of autonomy. Benefits are slightly above average for the US, (which isn't that great). They just overhauled the building, so everything is new and has a fun & funky look to it. Managers often bring in donuts, bagels, etc.

Cons

It's insurance, so you'll never feel like you're really making a difference or doing anything really worthwhile. It's practically embarrassing when people ask about your job. There is always a rush to program new products, that never get used. The division has no idea what a reasonable timeline is: how much time goes into programming, testing, or even what constitutes a "major" change.

Advice to Management

Get realistic about timelines. Give the division realistic goals instead of telling them what they want to hear.