Athens Administrators Reviews | Glassdoor

Athens Administrators Reviews

Updated Sep 4, 2019

4.6
Athens Administrators CEO James Jenkins (no image)
James Jenkins
Pros
Cons
  • "And, upper management actually wants to hear feedback and ideas on how to continue our trend of being one of the best companies in the bay to work for(in 4 reviews)

• "There are no cons that really impact daily work life(in 3 reviews)

1. "Wonderful Company!!"

Current Employee - Claims Support

I have been working at Athens Administrators full-time for less than a year

Pros

Warm & inviting atmosphere, focused on always improving - not only individuals but the company as well.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of a single one.

Athens Administrators2019-09-04
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Concord, CA

I have been working at Athens Administrators full-time for less than a year

Pros

Warm people, safe and friendly environment, focused on their team, growing company

Cons

Nothing bad to say, compensation might be a little less than competitive, but no commute if you live on the other side of the tunnel

Athens Administrators2019-07-24

"Not the family you are looking for!!!"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at Athens Administrators full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a growing company

Cons

There is no opportunity for advance even though they say there is. They dump work on you knowing full well the customer service will suffer. The company does not care for their employees and treats them extremely poor when they terminate.

Advice to Management

To James Jenkins and the upper management of Athens, be careful who you hire into supervisor roles. They are not versed in the product they are hired to handle and are not manager material.

Athens Administrators2019-08-12
  4. "Overall a Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner in Orange, CA

I worked at Athens Administrators full-time for more than a year

Pros

Athens is very forthcoming with regards to the status of the company. They care about their employees and most of the time will go out of the way to work with you on work/life balance. Salaries are fair across the industry. Flexible work hours.

Cons

As with all companies in this industry, there is more work than can be completed in a work day. Supervisor's need more training in dealing with and working with employees who struggle with meeting requirements. Complaints to management can fall on deaf ears.

Athens Administrators2019-06-28

"The Model TPA"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Concord, CA

I have been working at Athens Administrators full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Unbelievably and genuinely nice employees all throughout the company. - Everyone in the company cares about career progression, and wants you to succeed. - Management is always taking the time to develop your skills, abilities, and goals so that you can become the best at what you do. - The President is always trying to do what's best for the employees because he knows that we are extremely important to the... success of the company. - Really great benefits, time-off options, and extra benefits (wellness program, onsite message therapist, ergonomic evaluations, paid meditation/stretch breaks, etc.). - Uses more technology than other TPAs which makes it a 21st Century TPA because they are striving to keep up with the rapidly changing technology. - The definition of an ideal workplace because there is always something going on to make it feel like you are at home.

Cons

Everything is amazing at Athens, but there are a few items that are not extremely negative but can be worked on: - More snack options rather than just a vending machine. - Including remote offices in certain events (i.e. meditation/stretch breaks, fun recognition rewards such as Jeopardy between offices, etc). - A different office building.

Advice to Management

Honestly, everyone in management is on track with continuing to have Athens be a truly unique, and ideal place to work. My advice would be to continue doing what you're are doing, but also be ready for change. What I mean by this is that, the change coming might not be what you agree with or think will help, but being open-minded is key to Athens' future and long-term success. For example, Toys-R-Us didn't believe... in change, especially when they had the chance to buy out Amazon. They buried their heads in the sand, and didn't innovate because they were on top and didn't see the need to continue to create new business ideas. I can see this happening to Athens if it doesn't try to continue to innovate and grow with the surrounding changes in the marketplace. Other than that, there is no more advice that I have!

Athens Administrators2019-05-06
  6. "A Company That Really Cares"

Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Concord, CA

I have been working at Athens Administrators full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Manageable Workload -Team Environment - Great Management - Excellent Pay and Benefits - Fun incentive programs - A lot of support/training

Cons

- If you're handling claims, you'll still have to deal with some of the same issues as you would anywhere - There is definitely a high bar, which is only a con if you intend to slack off

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people

Athens Administrators2019-04-02

"Great and Collaborative Place to Work."

Current Employee - Claims Supervisor in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Athens Administrators full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at Athens is incredbly inclusive and centered around the welfare of their employees. It is a place were success is celebrated immediately and aqround all levels of employees. If there are challenges, then there is a definite team environment where everyone involved works on a sustainable solution and support to improve in those areas of challenge.

Cons

None to suggest or mention.

Advice to Management

Please keep up and maintain the culture at Athens as it clearly has and continues to work and have strong retention of your employees.

Athens Administrators2019-03-06

"Best Place To Learn & Earn Workers Compensation"

Current Employee - Assistant Claims Examiner in Concord, CA

I have been working at Athens Administrators full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been in workers compensation for the last 3 years and this is the best workers compensation location I've ever worked for. I sit directly in front of my supervisors and near the vicinity of the president of the company and I've never felt any pressure. They are true to their core values of having both a work life balance. The president of the company works everyday to make the company better and he treats... every individual with respect . He is one of the first ones in and the last ones out, but he bring the same energy daily. They have above average resources to help a person succeed in the business. The vice president of WC does weekly classes to help prepare the assistants for the SIP and he is highly involved with spirit type events. My supervisors lead and teach instead of direct and neglect their team members. Workers compensation deals with a variety of people and may sound dreadful, when you think about it. People get injured and only complain because they are in pain. We provide them a paycheck and hopefully get them back on their feet. We deal with bills from long standing list of providers and all day utilize problem solving skill set to get through a multitude of people (lawyers, medical facilities, and etc.) if you are really looking to get into this job, you have to look at the atmosphere of the company. This company makes it feel like you have the support you need to pick up your feet, when you think you are dragging them.

Cons

The only negative things I can think about that Concord doesn't have is a shower because this company provides classes for physical well being such a zumba stretch breaks and functional fitness.

Advice to Management

Keep the competitive atmosphere

Athens Administrators2019-02-19
  9. "Great place to be"

Current Employee - Telephonic Nurse Case Manager in Concord, CA

I have been working at Athens Administrators full-time for less than a year

Pros

The support is great and the people are all friendly

Cons

Driving over the bridge is a hassle but I only come in to the office 2 days a week

Athens Administrators2019-02-15
  10. "Assistant Claims Examiner"

Current Employee - Assistant Claims Examiner

I have been working at Athens Administrators full-time for less than a year

Pros

Super friendly and family like environment. They take your questions and any concerns you may have very seriously. Decent pay. Room for growth. Athens has excellent values as well.

Cons

No bonuses. No other cons. So far, so good!

Athens Administrators2018-12-21