Attune Insurance Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2020

4.7
Attune Insurance CEO James Hobson (no image)
James Hobson
  1. "By far the best company I've ever worked at."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Attune Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Attune is an amazing company that continues to set the bar for what excellence looks like. The supportive culture we've created allows me to come to work as my authentic self and creatively solve problems with passionate and hard-working people.

Cons

We move quicker than any other company I've worked at, but that's what makes it so exciting to come to work every day.

Attune Insurance2019-12-04

"Not a horrible place to work, but definitely not a startup."

2.0

I worked at Attune Insurance

Pros

Great benefits including : medical, tuition reimbursement, snacks and such, nice office.

Cons

At the time I worked there, the culture needed some serious work. They called themselves a "startup" but all that happened is that they put some nice snacks in the kitchen. Most people who work here are from the very old insurance industry and they just come to work for a paycheck. It builds for a mismatched culture.

Attune Insurance2020-04-13
  3. "Great Culture and Fast Growing"

I have been working at Attune Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work culture in Attune is amazing. You will really see the company's core values in action especially in being inclusive and innovative. You are expected to experiment, learn, fail and do it all again with all of the support you need. Compensation is also above market and lots of great benefits such as discounted gym membership, mindfulness classes, lunch and learns, corporate volunteering and tons of events!

Cons

As with all startups that are growing fast, growth pains are to be expected. Alot of work still needs to be done in creating necessary business processes but this isn't mutually exclusive to Attune.

Attune Insurance2019-04-09

"Massive Opportunity + Fantastic Team"

I have been working at Attune Insurance full-time

Pros

Attune is going after a market that is still living in the stone age. Sending physical mail and faxing are still commonplace in the insurance industry. Attune is taking a ton of friction out of the system by building digital products. Attune is focused on the small business insurance segment of the market ($100-150 billion in insurance premium generated each year). The team is still small and there is a huge opportunity to have an impact. Attune has fantastic benefits for a startup. Great/low-cost healthcare, education stipend, paternity/maternity leave, etc. I feel very lucky to be working at Attune. Great people and culture + huge opportunity make this an awesome place to work.

Cons

This is a startup so we are constantly navigating ambiguity...but that's what makes it fun.

Attune Insurance2018-07-22
  5. "Excellent place to work!"

I have been working at Attune Insurance full-time

Pros

Smart people solving difficult problems for small business insurance. Very collaborative environment where your opinion is valued and your efforts are appreciated.

Cons

Office can be noisy from construction next door.

Attune Insurance2018-03-12
  6. "A great place to work!"

I have been working at Attune Insurance full-time

Pros

*Culture *Benefits *Smart People *Clear Goals *Transparent results *Events, happy hours, team functions Honestly, this is a magical place where everyone is smart, friendly, and responsible.. where you're rewarded for your work, and you're given clear goals and constructive training for your future. It's an electric atmosphere-- get in if you can!

Cons

We're growing quickly, I hope we don't lose this magic!

Attune Insurance2018-02-23
  7. "Anonymous Employee"

I have been working at Attune Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing opportunity to participate in a new and promising venture in an industry ready for change. Attune blends the dynamic energy of a start up with the backing of three institutional partners that are invested in Attune’s success in a number of way. Very smart and motivated team. Resources are there so success will be about culture and execution. And it’s a fun place to work!

Cons

Traditional challenges of a start up that is still staffing up and identifying what to prioritize. Employees that join the team need to be nimble and flexible. Don’t always expect everything is there for you right when you want it or need it because we’re still building.

Attune Insurance2017-11-18

"Small team making a big impact"

I have been working at Attune Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team is still very small so you have the opportunity to make a big impact. Everyone at Attune is bright, passionate about what they are doing, and are working hard to build a great company.

Cons

Very regulated industry. We have lots of ambitious goals so stay focused on hiring top quality talent otherwise the team will get burned out.

Attune Insurance2017-11-06
  9. "The best of many worlds!"

Current Employee - Head of Underwriting Strategy in New York, NY

I have been working at Attune Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Start-up environment, with sound financial support from our investors. Attune has been hiring an incredible team of very talented people. The people impressive, experienced, innovative and driven to make a powerful impact in the insurance world, through leading edging technology and data analytic tools.

Cons

This isn't so much a con, but a recognition that the company doesn't have a full product suite yet. But, it is in progress. I expect to see many positive accomplishments in 2018

Attune Insurance2017-11-10
  10. "Excellent place to work!"

I have been working at Attune Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Start-up environment, challenging work, bright and engaged staff, exciting timeline of product launches. It is great to work for a company that sells insurance, but has the excitement more associated with a tech start-up!

Cons

The work-life balance can sometimes be a struggle but that is expected when we're building an organization from scratch.

Attune Insurance2017-11-07