AudienceView Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Mark Fowlie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good product, good people"

I have been working at AudienceView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was an AudienceView customer before joining the staff. I liked the product and the people I had gotten to know over my time as a user, and that's still true now I've been here for 18+ months.

I've found my colleagues to be smart, creative, open to sharing ideas and experiences, and an all-around joy to work with. My managers are responsive and supportive.

Our customers span a wide variety of the entertainment industry, from performing arts to sports to film festivals and much more. They're innovative and leaders in the industry. Every day working with them is a little different and I am constantly learning new things. I've also had the opportunity to travel over the last 6 months, which is a fantastic way to connect with out customers and make sure their needs are being met and their ideas are being incorporated into future versions of our product.

Cons

I'm a remote employee, so I sometimes feel that I miss out on the office culture. The flexibility of working at home is great, but a phone call or webinar doesn't take the place of sitting in the same room and brainstorming with your colleagues. That said, I've seen improvements recently in keeping remote employees in the loop. For example, we now have bi-weekly demos from each squad of product developers.

Advice to Management

There is A LOT to learn when you start at AudienceView. It would help new employees get up to speed faster if training were a bit more formalized.

"Sales Director"

I worked at AudienceView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Travel
    No micro-management of daily tasks

Cons

Support for product is weak, making long term sales difficult
    Development direction is unfocused

"If you want to have an impact, AudienceView is an ideal fit"

I have been working at AudienceView full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At AudienceView, I've had a countless number of opportunities to own projects and campaigns – from strategy to execution. It has allowed me to 'control my own destiny' and make my mark within the organization. We're encouraged to raise our hand and take on projects that help the company, while allowing us to grow our individual skill sets. Hard work and positive results are acknowledged, which continues to fuel me.

The work/life balance is is HUGE pro. My managers have always been flexible with me and have great respect for my time.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the people. There are so many great people here at AudienceView that have made it very enjoyable to come to work each day.

Cons

We're lean in many ways, which some see as a negative. If you aren't organized and focused, this can be very frustrating.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the people again. The old saying, "a few bad apples spoil the bunch," rings true from time to time. If you avoid negativity and surround yourself with good people, you'll really enjoy your Monday - Friday.

Advice to Management

Get the right people on the bus and remain focused!

4. "Great people and great product"

I have been working at AudienceView full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As many in the past have noted the people here are great. I thoroughly enjoy everyone I work with. There has also been quite a bit of change over the past year internally at the senior management level which has lead to increased efficiency that are helping customers and employees. Additionally, there is now more of a focus on improving morale, which had been lacking in the past.

Cons

Communication has been an issue in the past, but is improving. It's definitely not where it should be. For a remote, US employee the benefits are not that great. No retirement plan and health care could be better.

Advice to Management

Continue the changes, they are being noticed.
    Open up the communication.
    Force more regular reviews.
    Reward employees for their hard work.

5. "Start-up mentality with room for development"

I worked at AudienceView full-time

Pros

Great smart people, focused on hiring smart people at the top and letting them run their own teams. Ability to develop within the company if you have industry interest.

Cons

A large percentage of the workforce is remote, which means that it can be difficult to coordinate on large projects. Turnover is high as the company experiences some growing pains.

Advice to Management

You've got the roadmap set out, being more transparent with the team leaders and allowing them some freedom could help build trust long term.

"AudienceView"

Pros

Stable job with no career advancement

Cons

Very old and buggy code base.

Advice to Management

Let developers use their own resources

7. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at AudienceView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great prospect to have a voice in the direction of the company. Great staff who are passionate and committed

Cons

Need to be self starter and not look to be spoon fed

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to input. Your change management is working

"No growth here but interesting challenges ahead."

I worked at AudienceView full-time

Pros

- Very interesting industry.
     - There are a few individuals putting forth great efforts to form an enjoyable work environment and encourage a positive company culture.
     - The company is global, the opportunity to work with a variety of businesses and travel across the globe is there though the projects are usually assigned to the closest geographical team.
     - Great people, I've developed relationships through AudienceView that have been forged to last for years to come.
     - Talented people, some very sharp people at AudienceView and I've been blind-sided impressed with some of their accomplishments.
     - Non-taxable benefit package at no cost to the employee, it's pretty decent overall.
     - Decent salary - there are other benefits that can be had, especially if the position requires travel.
     - Holiday parties, bagels and muffins once a week, fruit basket, coffee machine, quarterly celebration days which are catered, birthday celebrations once a month.
     - Location is great, no shortage of lunch options or walking routes.
     - Depending on the department and team, hours can be flexible - there is a great responsibility to manage your time effectively which can be a challenge at times.
     - Currently a push to a newer technology stack and implementation of a DevOps foundation, there is great opportunity to learn and in some cases actually be effective.
     - There are some positions which are fun, others are not so fun, everyone works equally as hard though.
     - Marketing and Sr leadership know how to position the company and product in a good light, revenue streams are somewhat reliable and predictable.

Cons

- Product is primarily based on old technology.
     - No design documentation - very steep learning curve especially in support/customer facing roles.
     - Too top-down, grassroots efforts are put out with fire (literally, CTO will threaten to fire you even if you're not under his lineage for reporting in). This is touched upon by the "police-state" comments of other reviewers. In contrast, there is often speak of becoming an open platform but it's purely lip service as I mentioned, if it's not mandated by the CTO then it doesn't happen.
     - Top Heavy with ineffective management, positions are created for friends of the boys club to slide into. Management is almost entirely sourced externally which is a shame.
     - Looking for a career path? Well, if you like your career like the great plains then this place is for you. The only promotions (or sometimes even just lateral movements) was the gutting of the senior Service Delivery team into the product team. While a good move, it was the only time I've seen a fitting promotion for folks who've put in nearly a decade of their time implementing the product.
     - Slow moving in every area.
     - No awareness of certain risk despite flags being raised. The leadership does not realize something is going to go bad until way too late, often not listening to their well seasoned veterans who've raised flags or concerns early on.
     - Their entire business metric is measuring the leadership's ability to accurately predict the future. (Let that one sink in)
     - Often, when things go bad or a bad decision is made, there is no accountability. The company suffers and a great pain is felt through the team, morale takes a hit and only a select few have any sense of accomplishment.
     - Often, promises and comments from leadership are forgotten and with enough turn over those promises fade into obscurity.
     - Too many administration systems and processes. I often spent more time managing tasks rather than actually getting work done.
     - Overall lack of vision from leadership, a cat chasing a laser pointer would encompass the landscape of direction.
     - No real management. Your manager is not looking out for you, people have manager or director titles (even Sr. Director titles) but they are swamped with their own work and are not able to fulfil their primary duty of serving their team and charting a path for success.

Advice to Management

Provide growth for your employees, stop hiring great talent only to stymie their opportunity to grow and be effective.

Half the of the director's can easily be wiped away and have no ill effect, they can be replaced with people who can actually grow a team and foster their creativity to shape outcomes rather than dictate what they want and implement a "my way or highway" rule (wonder why there is high turnover?)

Enough with the shoddy metrics. Two slides in a company presentation had numbers fudged to make them look better - it didn't go unnoticed. Let's be more open and honest since that's what's being peddled by leadership these days.

"Very bad company"

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Since I was working for this company very short, didn't find any advantage.

Cons

This company hired me as full time DBA in 2008 as new company's plan. After 2 months, the company said the company's strategy was changed, then laid me off. The company had no any responsibility. It was worst company I had ever worked.

Advice to Management

Please make long term plan and shouldn't make a change so quickly. Please pay responsibility to the employee.

"Police state work culture"

Current Employee - Api Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Api Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at AudienceView full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From flexible hours to competitive pay to great organizational culture - if your hiring manager tells you this, don't fall for it like I did. This company thrives on fake reviews, as you can clearly see from the top glowing review about how the company's weakness was that it's "corporate". (What was that interview advice about turning your weakness into a strength?)

To be fair, there is one nice (albeit unoriginal) touch about the workplace. Birthdays are celebrated monthly for anyone whose birthday falls into that month. If you want your own birthday cake, this place is not for you.

Cons

- disorganized: lack of training for new employees
     - "police state" work culture.
     - zero privacy in your work space
     - unrealistic deadlines
     - management take notice if you take a break to grab a beverage
     - break time closely monitored
     - so the boss can squander work time on facebook and youtube, but employees can't?
     - lunch time closely monitored

Advice to Management

For all you senior level management who is exiting fast for the past year, taking your million dollar-ed bonuses with you with impunity - I have seriously no advice for you.