Axelerate Reviews | Glassdoor

Axelerate Reviews

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nancy Heen

1. "Senior Technical Editor/Writer"

Current Contractor - Senior Technical Editor/Writer
    Current Contractor - Senior Technical Editor/Writer

I have been working at Axelerate as a contractor

Pros

I have contracted through Axelerate for just over ten years. They spent the time up front to find out what my skills, interests, and goals were and matched me to a variety of jobs that could benefit from both my skills and my work style. They never treated me or the other contractors like second-class citizens, but always with respect and consideration. They keep us informed about what is happening with the company and the marketplace and offered training to help us up our game. Nancy Heen exhibits integrity in everything she does, with her clients and staff alike.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Axelerate.

Advice to Management

Find someone you can trust with the day-to-day management minutiae so you can continue to focus more on the longer-term big picture.

2. "A company that stays in sync with the ever changing tech industry"

Current Employee - Senior Project and Quality Assurance Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project and Quality Assurance Manager in Redmond, WA

Pros

Highly knowledgeably and in touch with what the tech industry values in Project Management. Their team helped me re-structure my resume with genuine feedback and expertise for positioning with clients.

Cons

There isn't really any Con, I greatly enjoyed my time at Axelerate, their team genuinely cares and engages with interest and follow-up.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being part of my network, I will be recommending your company on all my projects and to all my colleges in the future.

"Senior Program Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Axelerate (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, very transparent, free certificate training.

Cons

no real negatives to speak towards.

"What a mess!"

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Axelerate as a contractor

Pros

I guess the only pro I can come up with is the mug they gave me when I went to orientation.

Cons

Axelerate claims to have the best benefits, to be "hands on", and to build relationships. All lies. Their benefit package is the worst I have seen, once you are on assignment you never hear from them again, and from the people I know who have been laid off recently, their relationship building is something clever they came up with. No follow through.

Advice to Management

Seriously, get a clue. You have no idea how a professional staffing company should be run. Maybe take a class in Recruiting 101.

"Love it here!"

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Axelerate as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've contracted via Axelerate on a variety of projects for about the past 5 years. The work is meaningful and my peers are top notch. Every contract I've been involved with has been presented accurately and I've been treated fairly.

I have no idea what other people are talking about when it comes to poor leadership. When I'm clear and honest - so are they. Period.

Cons

Projects come and go. That's the nature of this business.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on. I'm ready for my next gig!

"Service Engineer"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Bothell, WA

I worked at Axelerate (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and employees and mgmt

Cons

At the mercy of folks that do contract work for

"Great company to work WITH !"

Current Freelancer - Microsoft Senior Program Manager
    Current Freelancer - Microsoft Senior Program Manager

Pros

As a client, Axelerate provided solid resources, just-in-time check-ins & proactive feedback channels, ensuring I was able to focus on my work and not the workers. Over 3 years of working with Axelerate and specifically Amy Bray, I knew I could always count on the resources provided, or a quick adjustment could be made with little effort. I also enjoyed the frequent check-ins, as it made me feel like we were partners, not client->vendor, that's the relationship component I really enjoyed.

Cons

A wider range of consultant depth in technical and process areas to reduce any ramp-up needed, although what has been experienced as been minimal.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and focusing on the quality, the industry needs you !

9. "Worst place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Axelerate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The "Axelerate" name is cool but reality is uncool and hideous

Cons

The Worst place I have ever worked. This is a body shop that doesn't care about any body the staff. Lowest rates in the industry, unprofessional, lack transparency, awful management team.

Advice to Management

I don't understand how any client buys your services. Try to be real and genuine.

"Love this place"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Axelerate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Senior management a company that really wants you to achieve success
    a competitive compensation package - great work environment

Cons

Company's they hold contracts with are few - growing each day so it will get better other than that no complaints

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing it is working keep believing in your growth an it will happen

11. "Unimpressed"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Axelerate as a contractor

Pros

Seemed enthusiastic enough when recruiting me. Give the initial impression that they're happy you're joining the company. The quarterly get togethers were super silly, but nice opportunity to connect with others in the company.

Cons

Seriously? While they were super aggressive in recruiting, once I was actually onboarded their interest in my employee satisfaction disappeared. Lip service explanations for some of their processes that were outright lies. Penny pinching in all the wrong areas, i.e. equipment that's generally standard order in the industry needs to be specifically requested and justified.

Advice to Management

Don't say CEO has an "open door policy" if your not actually interested in hearing from your employees.