KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 154 of over 155 reviews

4.7
Axios CEO Jim VandeHei
Jim VandeHei
Pros
  • "Axios has an amazing work environment and truly positions every team member for success(in 8 reviews)

• "I'm very happy with the company culture and feel very secure that my work is what matters in my performance evaluation(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This is a fast-paced environment so jump in(in 10 reviews)

• "Typical start up growing pains, very fast pace which may not appeal to everyone(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Axios and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

a wonderful, inclusive place to work!

Jul 6, 2021 - Senior Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Axios takes its commitment to transparency seriously and it shows in all of their business practices. Leadership is thoughtful and considerate -- all around just a great place to work.

Cons

There isn't unlimited PTO but the vacation policy is still generous.

2. 5.0

People aren't drinking the Kool Aid - it's actually awesome to work here

Jun 24, 2021 - Associate Director Growth Marketing in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Supportive, smart and innovative managers and leaders - Really working on DEI initiatives - Lots of room to experiment, take the lead, try new things - Smart, fun co-workers

Cons

- The org. is growing....fast. Sometimes there's more to do than one can do

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great opportunity, low pay for young reporters

Jun 14, 2021 - Newsdesk Writer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Early-career journalists have more flexible opportunities here than at some other more traditional newsrooms to jump on big projects, collaborate with senior reporters/editors (the majority of which are happy to work with you) - The editors leading the breaking newsdesk are brilliant, you will learn a lot from them

Cons

- Early-career journalists are consistently underpaid compared to starting gigs at our competitors and similar national news outlets (our starting pay is $40k) - Founders and high-level staff do not prioritize career growth or compensation for employees on the breaking news desk (like what the long-term plan of the newsdesk is or how to internally promote young reporters)

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Jul 5, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

great place to work now

Cons

I do not have anything bad to say

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place I've worked in over 15 years!

Apr 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

strong culture and deep commitment to DEI, respectful of chaotic personal lives during a pandemic (I'm a working mom with a baby), transparency from top, down about company's strategic goals and how all our work ties up to the goals. Our CEO has communicated with the full team throughout the pandemic and has remained transparent around our company health - our Founders also committed to a family fund to support folks and their families during these tough times, and have launched several programs to get folks the mental health support they all need.

Cons

Our mission-driven, fast-paced work requires energy and flexibility. It's an incredibly fun place to work and collaborate, but it is not the place for everyone.

6. 5.0

Sharp, Kind, & Ambitious Employees

Jun 10, 2021 - Business Development Associate (BDA)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is wonderful, smart and invested in the company. I have been so impressed by everyone at the company so far.

Cons

Fast growth startup means that you need to take initiative. Not for the unambitious.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A people-first culture

Apr 30, 2021 - Executive Advisor in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company gets it right in every way. Employees are treated with kindness and respect and made to feel valued from the start. The founders have strong values that drive everything. Candor and communication are core. The leadership is thoughtful and transparent and the People team fosters an open and welcoming environment for all. The staff are smart, dedicated people who are also nice. When people ask the best thing about working at Axios it’s hard to choose — but it always comes back to the culture and values.

Cons

I cannot think of any downsides.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A++ for Axios

Apr 30, 2021 - Vice President in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm regularly impressed by the exceptional talent, vision, and creativity of my Axios colleagues. The candid communication style of the leadership team is refreshing and is expected to be reciprocated, which creates a strong foundation of trust and positive intent from which to operate. I've also observed a legitimate commitment to building a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture. Axios is just getting started it's so exciting to be part of their continued growth and success!

Cons

None except that if you don't love operating at a fast pace this may not be the right fit for you.

9. 5.0

Awesome company

May 27, 2021 - Reporter
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is great from the top down. Executive team seems to really care and are doing all they can to be transparent.

Cons

As a start up, there is some level of concern the company will be acquired which would definitely impact its culture.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

High performing digital media company, that's actually great to work for

Apr 30, 2021 - Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Transparent leadership - Driven team of people that care (and are fun to be around) - Focused on a few big initiatives and doing them right

Cons

- Good communication, but frequent meetings (calendars can get busy)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 154 Reviews