BDA Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
BDA CEO Jay Deutsch
Jay Deutsch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people with so much passion and creativity (in 14 reviews)

• A good portion of the people are hard working honest people (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no follow thru from upper management on any promises, sales incentive programs or just general company direction (in 13 reviews)

• Low pay (at least 10k less than the industry standard for your role) (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hard work= great return"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at BDA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

BDA is not an easy company to navigate. However, once you figure out how to get things done, the reward is huge! Owners like to have fun but are very genuine and care about every employee, somehow they know everyone's name and are always eager to meet clients. Great place to work!!! You'll love it if you are willing to work hard & play hard!

Cons

Long hours and internal resources aren't always willing to help out. Need to weed out the negative people and sub-par support staff.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Amazing experience with zero growth options."

Former Employee - Retail Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Retail Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at BDA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great clients
    Excellent training when given the opportunity
    Work- life balance
    Office hours
    Learn new technology and business and leadership

Cons

If you are remote from the main office, you don't have any career growth opportunities.
    Mid-level managers tend to micromanage

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees, their growth and happiness and less attention to how much your company is worth. You have loyal, steady employees right in front of you, with absolutely no growth opportunities.

"I hope BDA goes under"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Woodinville, WA

I worked at BDA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people on the front lines with me were great. Very talented, smart and great work ethics. Everyone there is miserable - they're overworked and under a ton pressure, which in a weird way got us to bond. Although I hope and wish BDA goes under, the truth is it's a successful company.

Cons

This company is terrible, and it all starts at the top. The Executive team is incredibly erratic and unpredictable: they are too often involved in front line work, when they should be overlooking the departments and figuring out how they can improve the workflow. The body language around the office is everyone looks defeated. No one celebrates their accomplishments, just what's next that needs to be done and how many man hours it will take. Some middle-management are good at what they do, but the majority of what I saw was them sucking up to the client, saying yes to anything the client wants and taking it out on the team members if anything goes wrong. What they don't realize is when they do that, it creates a dis-coordinated front that shows the client uneasiness throughout the process. I should've left months ago.

Advice to Management

I don't want to provide any advice. I hope the company goes under. When you get treated poorly, the last thing anyone wants to do is provide advice on how to help their business.

"No amount of $ could make me go back...."

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at BDA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at BDA are really the part that keeps people there. While many are unhappy and stressed out (if not most) they are warm, welcoming and love to have fun. Career growth is FAST, which can be a double edged sword. The parties are fun; lots of free booze. Also a double edged sword.

Cons

Lack of vision from management. They come up with goals that are bigger each year but provide no guidance for how to get there. No regular training, no coaching. They focus on what people are doing wrong. Leadership is not client obsessed like they say they are. In fact, the main focus is the bottom line. They have a hard time seeing the big picture as it relates to client relationships. They are stuck on one project at a time and don't see the value of sometimes taking a margin hit in order to maintain a healthy and growing relationship with a client. As mentioned earlier, people are promoted very quickly here. The downside to this is that teams are broken up all the time. This leads to a very poor and problematic customer service issue. The clients have to deal with a new team on a regular basis; things get missed in regular transitions, clients become unhappy. The goal SHOULD be to create happy customers that want to come back and trust us. Additionally, employees are under paid, over worked, unhealthy, stressed out and generally disgruntled. Morale is LOW because no one feels appreciated. Many feel like they are not respected, are taken advantage of and just completely burned out.

Advice to Management

Consider how much money it costs the company to train new hires. Consider, perhaps increasing salaries to employees that deserve it. If an employee feels like they are valued they will feel more willing to burn the candle at both ends and see the value of that hard work and not leave to find a company that really cares. Employee retention is important and seems to be unimportant to BDA. Also, I would suggest taking a look at your employee population's health, stress levels and overall job satisfaction. If employees were given the opportunity to confidentially and regularly answer a few questions regarding those aspects, perhaps you might actually see that it is an unhealthy place to be but you could make it something really good if you just made the effort to take care of them.

"Do Not Work Here"

Former Employee - Client Services Coordinator
    Former Employee - Client Services Coordinator

I worked at BDA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are really cool and easy to vent to. Work parties are fun.

Cons

- As a client services coordinator or production assistant you will not get any help from your supervisors or uppers.
    - Account managers are not properly trained in how to work with their CSC or Production person.
    - No matter how much proof you have that you are doing your job and you need help working with your account manager, the blame will fall on you.
    - If there is a mess up be sure to keep documentation of what happened otherwise it will be your fault.
    - The supervisors and upper management have a great time but they treat the lower level like pure trash.
    - They do not stick to their core values. What they tell you, they do the exact opposite. Family/team environment? No.
    - You are supposed to take a lunch but you won't. Also if you try to take a quick break your supervisor will often freak out.
    - The majority of lower roles (CSC/ Production) have mental breakdowns. Full on crying etc. The stress level and hours of work without overtime really destroys the workers.

Advice to Management

Stick to your core values. Don't try to control your workers every move. Maybe hire more people to help rather than opening a foreign office. Train your account managers please! Higher pay would be great too. The cost of living over there is ridiculous and your wages make it impossible to live. Ultimately though, if a CSC or Production person has an issue with an account manager, listen to them. We all work our butts off but to not be taken seriously is ridiculous. Also, pay attention to how your employees act. Some of them pout and throw fits. It's not a professional environment.

"Poor leadership. No structure. Turn and burn employment."

I worked at BDA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bda can be a fun place to work for entry level workers or executive level burnouts. Young people who dont know better or older people who know how to work the system and coast into retirement.

Cons

If you have talent or a brain, its a tough environment to tolerate. These people leave for better jobs, start their own businesses or get fired. Beware the urge to take a stance against bad policy, destructive leadership or reckless greed. Not a rewarding business. Low pay. Low increases. No bonuses.

Advice to Management

Reward the pee ons that make you successful. Not the charlatans in meetings 8 hours a day. Stop spending the fruits of THEIR labor on parties to boost YOUR egos. People just want to live decent lives. Take a percentage out of you lavish lifestyle to reward people who make your wealth possible.

"Technology"

Former Employee - Technology in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Technology in Woodinville, WA

Pros

Lots of problems to fix - fun corporate culture, if you are in-favor with the CEO

Cons

feast or famine from a funding perspective

Advice to Management

Stop cutting the budget after the issues have been fixed, and keep the spending level to keep them from falling apart again. This pattern has been ongoing for 10+ years, and it doesn't work

"Client Service Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

I worked at BDA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good first job, co-workers (the people in you're same field) are super nice, fun overall environment. Great flexibility in hours, paid vacation, and health!

Cons

BEWARE! Unrealistic work load, long days, most do not get paid enough for what they do. If you get an account manager that doesn't like you then good luck. Communication between supervisors is nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Really see how much work your employees do and help them out. Don't just say oh well suck it up some get buried. If an employee has to keep complaining about an account manager maybe it really is the account manager that is the issue.

"Heed the warnings!!!"

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager

I worked at BDA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some good people in the warehouse and long term call center employees. BDA taught me a A LOT about what I DON'T want in a company.

Cons

Pay is considerably less than industry standard. By considerably I of course mean laughable. You will be expected to work absolutely absurd hours. You will be expected to take business on your planned and approved vacation. Your workload will be unmanageable at best. You will be verbally abused by co-workers. Directors and Executives will over promise and under deliver. When initiatives fail, expect to be thrown under the bus. When things go right the Executives and Directors bump chests and take a shot, little or no recognition to those who actually carried the project.

Advice to Management

Why bother, I am just a bitter former employee. I left on good terms, but my time at your place of business was the worst 2.5 years of my life.

"Bar None Worst Company I have ever worked at"

Former Employee - Management in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Management in Woodinville, WA

I worked at BDA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

location, there are some good people, but they tend to move on pretty quickly.

Cons

BDA is a serious nightmare. They chew people up and spit them out over and over. They are not ethical and many practices there are illegal. The owners are so high on their own hype they cannot see the damage they leave in their wake. I am career level, not entry level and as a company this was the worst employment experience ever. Pay is low, recognition is non existent, parties and alcohol are rampant, but that is no way to run a company. Time to grow up boys and be responsible adults.

Advice to Management

Take some business courses and learn about the way to run a company, pay special attention to ethics and HR law because you break those over and over. Clean out some of your buddies, they are not serving you or your company well and several are down right criminal.