BDA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
BDA CEO Jay Deutsch
Jay Deutsch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You have an opportunity to work with great people and always have opportunities to grow or move within the company" (in 15 reviews)

• "It is a very unique work environment and they always strive to be the best" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "no work/life balance, they get rid of employees constantly" (in 10 reviews)

• "Upper management seems to be a joke, they have moved up in the company but aren't great leaders" (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

I have been working at BDA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for some of the top 100 US Companies as well as small private ones. This is the best place. I'm valued, rewarded and love coming to work.

- Great group of people to work with. You are welcomed and supported by everyone here.
    - Jay & Eric are passionately involved in the business. This can be good & bad, yet their involvement keeps the business growing and meeting the next challenge.
    - The environment motivates you to stretch your capabilities, meet the challenge and move to the next level.

Cons

It's a work hard, play hard mentality. If you don't like to work hard, don't join us.

We're an entrepreneurial company, which means fast pace, figure it out and make it happen the best way. I call it organized chaos...if you want structure, minimal changes and a normal job, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your team, especially from the bottom level up.

Jun 1, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

We’re so happy to hear about your positive experience at BDA. It is a great group of people to work with and we are glad that you feel welcomed and supported by our wonderful team.

Our... More

2. "A fast paced fun environment... You will never be bored here!"

I have been working at BDA full-time

Pros

Great team, great flexibility, and great opportunities for advancement. BDA believes in promoting from within.
    Work life balance at BDA can be great but you have to manage your schedule. You will be busy at BDA and it is up to you to maintain a healthy work life balance.

Cons

High turnover in some departments trickles into other areas as there seem to be training issues with new hires and getting them up to speed. This directly affects our relationships with clients.
    Day to day can be meeting heavy, there is a lot of multi-tasking on days where you have back to back meetings.

Advice to Management

It would be great to focus on and improve the processes at the warehouse as this directly impacts our relationships with clients.
    Focus on reducing the high turnover rate in some departments. We need to keep our hard workers!

3. "Change"

Current Employee - Buyer/Planner in Woodinville, WA
    Current Employee - Buyer/Planner in Woodinville, WA

I have been working at BDA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I find that BDA encourages change. They look at processes and strive to have a continuous improvement. They are open to suggestions and value employee opinions. Employees need to take the initiative and open line of communication with management. We are encouraged to share time saving ideas to improve the department/company efficiency.

Cons

I an employee isn't willing to add to the conversation, the processes can be put into practice without their input.

Advice to Management

I think management should check with the departments subject experts before implementing change

Aug 9, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We are both open to suggestions and value employee opinions greatly. We are so glad that you recognize this!

We will continue to work hard to better... More

4. "Supply Chain"

I have been working at BDA full-time

Pros

It is a fast pace environment where you have new and exciting challenges daily. It is never the same day to day. The team at BDA is great to work with and it really is Team and Family. You have an opportunity to work with great people and always have opportunities to grow or move within the company.

Cons

You must find a work/life balance at BDA. If not, you will find that you are working crazy hours.

Advice to Management

You must remember it is the people doing the job day to day that matter most. Take care of your team and they will take care of you. Keep them in mind when making decisions that impact BDA.

Aug 7, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

Thank you for providing feedback about working at BDA. You're right, BDA has a great team that really is one big family! We are glad that you found a work/life balance that works for you and... More

"Great place to grow!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Woodinville, WA

I have been working at BDA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First and foremost the people here are top notch, a great community of people from all walks of life. I enjoy the people I see on a daily basis. The company sponsors numerous events as well that bring everyone together and are always a good time.

Lots of room to move up throughout the company. I Starting at an entry level position and moved up to quickly. If you are willing to put in the work then there is no ceiling to where you can go.

Great accounts and a fun industry. Working with the largest companies in the world we do everything from jewel sporting events to our favorite brand names. Getting to help project there image.

There is a great opportunity for compensation if you are successful with what you do.

Ability to work from home or remote when needed. Being able to work on the road is important and sometimes convenient. Having the option to occasionally work from home is a nice touch.

Woodinville is a great place to be out of the city

Cons

This job can be very demanding and stressful at times. Dealing with strict deadlines and short timelines can be tough at times. There have been times where work life balance is a bit out of wack. You need to be able to handle stress and sometimes put in long days.

There has been quite a bit of turnover on the support staff which has gotten better and support has improved but definitely still something that needs to continue to be improved.

Advice to Management

I think communication is important and sometimes is lacking. Continue to push employees to speak about the positives and negatives of there lives. We really need to hold on to the people we have because they are some of the best people I know!

Jul 24, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your observations. We agree that BDA is full of amazing people and we are happy that you enjoy being part of the community.

Work-life balance is vital to the success... More

"This is not the place for you"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Woodinville, WA

I worked at BDA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you want a fast pace, unstructured, messy, disorganized, work hard drink hard and play yourself mentality? This job is the place for you. If you have the mentality of structure and stability and feeling purpose with your work and knowing your work and effort is being put to good and purposeful use, that you are able to grow and work on building your skills to better your experience, I’m sorry but this place is not for you. This company is rapidly growing and doesn’t have time to stop and smell the roses so you better buckle up and enjoy the ride and lookout for that turnover because its growing as fast as the company. You’ll love the work culture if you enjoy passive aggressive meetings and enjoy cracking a cold one on fridays you will fit right in!

Cons

If you can’t handle the stress and self questioning if your good enough for the job, please listen to your inner voice. Its completely okay if this company is not for you. Clearly with these sudden positive views out of nowhere after years of negative reviews, it looks like the company is finally recognizing the negative impact it has had on many previous employees lives. If you dont like the tigger personality and wanting a happy consistent structured job, this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

With the sudden chain of positive reviews for the company it looks like HR is taking that extra step to truly reach out to their current employees to ensure they truly arent miserable at work and that the 140/160 negative reviews aren’t dampering down the ratings of the overall company so positivity is key!
    It’s wonderful to see how involved the company has been with reaching out to previous and current employees about these reviews and seeing it implemented through glassdoor. No need to change a thing, the current steps taken so far have been a great leap forward and if it doesnt work out then maybe this HR job isnt the right role for you.

Jul 13, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

You are correct in your assessment that we are taking that extra step to truly reach out to current and past employees to address these issues. Whether reviews... More

7. "Operations review"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Woodinville, WA
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Woodinville, WA

I have been working at BDA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at BDA since January 2018 and came here hoping to find a company that understands, and values, the contributions a performing Supply Chain Operation can have in the success of a company. The leadership team not only understands the value but encourages the team for it's input. They are engaged and have an open mind in hearing new ideas and discussing to better understand. I have not seen this collaboration in a company and have worked for MSFT, SBUX and many other fortune 100 companies.

Also, our growth for the next few years looks tremendous!

Cons

If you don't fit the culture you will have a hard time so be sue to ask questions while interviewing. The company doesn't like to carry "deadwood" as they are privately owned and clear on their performance metrics as well as how to get there. It is not a large company so knowing your business, its key drivers and improving its performance is expected.This is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the future while keeping a watchful eye on key metrics for today. In the PowerA org we have a solid, but new, leadership team who has a lot of experience. A solid strategic vision will allow this team to be aligned on our growth and we are ready for it.

Jul 2, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

It's so great to hear that you are having a positive experience at BDA!

We agree that the leadership team at BDA is superb and we are glad that you have seen first hand the great... More

"Where did all these 5-star reviews come from?"

Current Employee - --- in Woodinville, WA
    Current Employee - --- in Woodinville, WA

I have been working at BDA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made a lot of great friends here. Otherwise, the work here was terrible.

New employees, be warned.

Cons

Do you notice the sudden inflation of 5-star reviews? This is BDA. They try not to let the outside see what's going on inside.

Instead of taking responsibility for low wages, an emotionally trigged management staff and lack of career development, the executives and HR staff try to convince themselves and others they aren't as bad as what their employees are saying they are.

A lion doesn't have to tell you it's a lion, just saying.

Advice to Management

If you want quality employees, have a quality work environment. You have lost great workers who could have promoted the BDA brand to the next level but you refuse to improve your working conditions. Imagine if your clients sat in the same building as your employees, would they still be BDA clients? I highly doubt it.

Aug 3, 2018 – Recruiter

We are happy that you made a lot of great friends here as there truly are some wonderful people at BDA. Many people have different experiences at their place of work. Some are happy, some aren’t... More

"10+ Year Employee"

I have been working at BDA full-time

Pros

BDA is a great place to work. Owners are very enthusiastic, fun and motivational. There are huge rewards for sales teams when goals are met. Employee and Family events are held throughout the year. BDA is a work hard play hard company. Employees are encouraged to participate in all aspects of the business and suggest any improvements that may help make work life better. The people hired are incredibly nice, considerate and enthusiastic about their jobs. Management teams are encouraged to give awards to employees who have done a great job or went over and beyond their daily responsibilities.

Cons

BDA is a work hard-play hard company and work load/expectations can be stressful. Long hours are normal.

Advice to Management

Communication is key to success.

Jul 2, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

Thank you for making the effort to share this with us. It’s motivating and appreciated.

Our goal is to be a great place to work and we know positivity is powerful and contagious and your... More

"Anonymous"

I have been working at BDA full-time

Pros

Exciting work and a great team! I feel supported and encouraged to manage my book of business. My team is always willing to brainstorm and share ideas. Along with this, there are several team building activities throughout the year.

Cons

There has been some turn over on the support team. This has been a bit of a hurdle, as we try to get new team members up to speed quickly!

Jun 26, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad that you are having a positive experience at BDA and are especially enjoying the team building activities!

We appreciate your feedback in... More