BDA Reviews | Glassdoor

BDA CEO Jay Deutsch
Jay Deutsch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "no work/life balance, they get rid of employees constantly" (in 10 reviews)

• "Not enough communication from upper management" (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best place I've worked"

I have been working at BDA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for some of the top 100 US Companies as well as small private ones. This is the best place. I'm valued, rewarded and love coming to work.

- Great group of people to work with. You are welcomed and supported by everyone here.
    - Jay & Eric are passionately involved in the business. This can be good & bad, yet their involvement keeps the business growing and meeting the next challenge.
    - The environment motivates you to stretch your capabilities, meet the challenge and move to the next level.

Cons

It's a work hard, play hard mentality. If you don't like to work hard, don't join us.

We're an entrepreneurial company, which means fast pace, figure it out and make it happen the best way. I call it organized chaos...if you want structure, minimal changes and a normal job, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your team, especially from the bottom level up.

Jun 1, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

We’re so happy to hear about your positive experience at BDA. It is a great group of people to work with and we are glad that you feel welcomed and supported by our wonderful team.

Our... More

2. "Wonderful people and environment"

I have been working at BDA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a wonderful team with great people to work with! With any job, there are good days and bad days but it's the people around you that make those bad days better. There's a lot of learning opportunities and room for growth.

Cons

There are no cons for me at this time

Aug 21, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at BDA. We have a truly amazing team at BDA and we are happy that you are working with great people!

We are here if you'd like to continue... More

"High performing and experienced? Look elsewhere!"

I worked at BDA full-time

Pros

Cool product, some really talented people, passionate CEO.

Cons

Career growth is either supported or stifled depending on your direct manager. Office politics are toxic, even when dealing with HR. It's not surprising that top performers inevitably leave to get better pay and better working conditions elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Consider a careful review of your managers. Just because you like their personalities when you engage with them doesn't mean they know how to lead. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider a new space. Your current HQ space lacks energy and appears more like an outdated warehouse operation.

"Great place but needs more support for the sales teams"

Current Employee - National Account Manager
    Current Employee - National Account Manager

I have been working at BDA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people - they really become your family. If you like the culture of BDA you will thrive and they will invest in you and want to see you succeed. It really is a very energizing company that wants to see you grow with them.

Cons

Not enough accountability to operations when you're in the sales role.
    Limited sales support.
    Unified communication from executives.

Advice to Management

More aprons on the floor!
    Listen to the ground level people.

Dec 20, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We take pride in our employees’ work with the company and seeing them grow professionally in our culture is such a win for all of us! BDA is... More

"CSC"

Former Employee - CSC in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - CSC in Woodinville, WA

I worked at BDA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met some great people who work very hard and are very talented.

Cons

Too much focus on appearances versus the actual state of things. You preach team and family but do not treat your employees like that. Unless you are at the top of the management tree you are expendable. No one is safe at the end of the day. It is sad to see what this company has become. I saw colleagues who were with the company over 15 years train who became their replacements. The only thing they value is money, the money in their pockets; not their people and not their culture. It is hands down the absolute worst working environment I’ve ever experienced, and I’m not alone. They manage by fear and manipulation and think it’s a successful tactic.

Advice to Management

Clean house at the upper levels, or sell to someone who actually cares about their people and culture instead of faking it. Stop playing games and doting on the ones who do. Put ethical people in leadership who have integrity and values. Care more about what your employees think of you and how they feel about their job than your press releases. You will continue to lose talented, dedicated people if you continue down this road. Once people find the strength and courage to leave, it doesn’t take long for them to see how different it can be somewhere else. There are good places to work out there and no one deserves to be treated the way you treat your employees, period.

Dec 20, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and your 5 years of service at BDA.

Your comments are pretty harsh but from your perspective.

I know we work hard to make BDA a great place to build a career. We... More

"Worst place to work at."

Former Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Plainfield, IN
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Plainfield, IN

I worked at BDA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There no pros at all.

Cons

This company is very unorganized, and needs to be shut down. Management treats their employees like crap. This place can never keep their employees as they are always quitting.

Advice to Management

No advice, worse management ever.

Dec 13, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi There,

Thank you for providing this feedback and we're sorry that you feel BDA leadership isn’t performing at optimal levels.

Like any team, performance can go up and down but we’d like... More

7. "Retail Manager"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BDA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/Life Balance
    Great clients to work with

Cons

Dated Systems
    Not enough communication from upper management
    Expensive benefits
    Difficult to advance

Oct 30, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and for supporting the retail customer experience for BDA.

We will be evaluating new POS systems soon for our omni-channel solution. It we be great if you could provide... More

8. "Multi Store Manager"

Current Employee - Multi Store Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Multi Store Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BDA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can use my creative and entrepreneurial skills to be successful at my job.

Cons

I sometimes don't feel like a part of the bigger picture since I work on the east coast.

Advice to Management

Don't forget your store team members that are face to face with your clients everyday.

Oct 25, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and your 10+ years of service at BDA.

We should talk about connecting you with a member of our marketing team. We have an RMC in Boston that has some members that are... More

"Mixed feelings"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

I worked at BDA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best people I have ever worked with. Jay is one of the most passionate people I have ever met.

Cons

Several departments are grossly understaffed.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your people and your tech. Spend a little more of those record profits on your people. Put your people before your clients.

Oct 25, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback.

We’re investing in a new performance management system, simplifying our review process, and evaluating our budgets and resources to insure that we’re properly staffed... More

"So Far So Good"

I have been working at BDA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with BDA for almost 11 months now and I've seen both sides of what most of the reviews on here touch on.

- Work hard/play hard environment
    - Frequent and fun company events
    - Beer Friday
    - Working on projects for international & Fortune 500 companies
    - Friendly staff
    - Company is growing rapidly
    - Many career paths if you want to try something different
    - Woodinville is a nice city to work in (next to wineries and more)
    - Benefits package is great
    - Pretty flexible with time off
    - "Make what you want out of it" attitude
    - Gives you the opportunity to create the change/improvements that you see fit
    - Great environment for someone who is driven and self disciplined
    - Annual reviews

Cons

- Everyone wears multiple hats
    - Starting salary was significantly lower than what what I was expecting (especially in this absurd housing market)
    - Sales driven company which doesn't seem to invest as much in the other areas/departments
    - A bit outdated... Seems like the company is just beginning to hatch from its 90's / 2000's shell
    - Understaffed in certain areas. Puts a lot of pressure of some employees to make up for the job that has yet to be created or staffed

Advice to Management

Like I said, I've seen and heard both sides of the spectrum that people are praising as well as booing. I think it must be very challenging to balance the growth of the overall company with how/where to funnel the growth into the different departments within the company.... My experience has truly been "it is what you make of it" which is challenging not only to the self, but to your superiors whom you need to sell any idea/improvement you want to see happen. Frankly, it's very exciting for me but may not be for someone else who wants more structure and a clear set of guidelines.

With so much turnover at the new hire level, maybe it's a good idea to really look into which departments have the most turnover and evaluate the people running the department. Even if they have been there for 5/10/15/20 years.

Oct 16, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi,

Thank you for providing your feedback. You highlighted many of the things we love about BDA as well and we appreciate your effort to share this with us. It’s motivating and appreciated.

Our... More