BDA Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
BDA CEO Jay Deutsch
Jay Deutsch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people with so much passion and creativity (in 14 reviews)

• It is a very unique work environment and they always strive to be the best (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The supervisors and upper management have a great time but they treat the lower level like pure trash (in 13 reviews)

• Low pay (at least 10k less than the industry standard for your role) (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hard work= great return"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at BDA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

BDA is not an easy company to navigate. However, once you figure out how to get things done, the reward is huge! Owners like to have fun but are very genuine and care about every employee, somehow they know everyone's name and are always eager to meet clients. Great place to work!!! You'll love it if you are willing to work hard & play hard!

Cons

Long hours and internal resources aren't always willing to help out. Need to weed out the negative people and sub-par support staff.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Poor work/life balance."

Former Employee - Production Support Associate in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Production Support Associate in Woodinville, WA

I worked at BDA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It seemed as though the company was run by a 21 year old. Lots of fun work parties/events. Free unlimited food/drinks at the events. All the departments go all out for Halloween. The coworkers are incredible and really help you get through the day. Help is often available if you seek it. Supervisors will send emails out to the whole team when one person is overwhelmed. I definitely do not regret the experience I got out of this. It doesn't feel like an entry level role because you experience the same problems that people who have been there for 5+ years experience, and it is a great introduction to the fast paced corporate world.

Cons

It seemed as though the company was run by a 21 year old. Very poor distribution of work, where some people will be there 11 hours a day and some people leave early every day. Often given very ambiguous tasks with little direction. Success often goes unnoticed and 1 problem seems like the end of the world. EXTREMELY unrealistic bonus structure, where you have to reach about 99% accuracy in each category in order to bonus. And there are 2 ways to bonus, but to get the second one you have to achieve the first one, but since it is so unrealistic everyone pretty much gets nothing. And the Client Services Coordinator on your team cannot bonus unless the PSA bonuses, so again, no one bonuses.

Advice to Management

Take a step back and reevaluate the distribution of work. Most of the supervisors and managers come from a PSA background, yet it seems like they don't always look out for the individuals on the team, just the numbers you bring in. Restructure the bonus system to make provide any sort of incentive to do well.

"May the Bridges You Burn Light the Way"

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Woodinville, WA

I worked at BDA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+Office Experience
    +Professional Clients
    +Next to Wineries/Breweries in Woodinville

Cons

Forward: They call grown adults Tiggers and have a company slogan "put in through the meat grinder" - meaning they ask you to underpay vendors for their work and up-charge clients

+I watched the companies foundation crumble when I decided to leave. I am lucky I got out of there when I did. They are pinching their pockets to stay afloat by cutting employee pay, removing bonuses and outsourcing jobs to the Philippines

+This company is run by the leftovers of people too scared to leave for a better job or new hires filling the spots of people constantly quitting.

+The technology is so outdated; and processes? No such thing. It's basically a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out what the hell is going on. The clients know this too and are dropping contracts based on the chaos.

+If your employees are miserable, your company will not thrive. Employees are physically and emotionally unhealthy and destructive. You are shamed for taking breaks or lunches and emotionally traumatized by management

+HR is unprofessional and should be sued for harassment. I was personally harassed by the females in HR for the way I looked and who I interacted with. My work performance was never in question but I was consistently bullied by HR on a daily basis.

+Employees are paid salary because BDA can't afford to pay people overtime. I was expected to be on call after hours and on weekend. My account manager would call me after hours, on weekend and on holidays. My AM was highly inappropriate both professional and personally, making my days miserable.

+I wasn't even paid a living wage, a few dollars over minimum wage in Washington.

+The interior of the building is straight from the 90's. If they are trying to compete with any large company in the area (Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, etc.), they're not even rubbing elbows.

+ACCOUNT MANAGERS AT BDA: truly some of the worst and most unprofessional people I've ever met. It's the people who were bullied in high school and now have some power to bully others. There is no way that most would make it in a company outside of BDA.

+Best Company to Work for in Seattle in 2017 by Seattle Magazine? They actually forced us to go on the website and vote for it or their would be ramifications.

+In close, BDA's reputation and horrible reviews over the past decade is not a mistake. This company will suck the life out of you and give you nothing in return except poverty and a mental illnesses.

Advice to Management

Good luck and good riddance BDA. Your reputation will cost you. You couldn't pay me any sum of money to put my health and my sanity at risk again. I love my current job so much and I thank you for showing me exactly how a company shouldn't be run.

"A great company for draining morale."

I have been working at BDA full-time

Pros

I still get to work with my co-workers from before we were bought out by BDA. Pay is fine.

Cons

- Uncaring management and superiors.
    - HR doesn't care about complaints and will either steamroll you until you give up or ignore you, seniority trumps facts in their decisions.
    - Outsourced support staff is overworked, undertrained, and is discouraged from taking the ball and running with it.
    - Using order management technology from 1998. A newer alternative has been presented but was ignored.
    - The health insurance, while being Blue Cross Blue Shield, is crap. We have two dentists within a 50 mile radius who we can go to and be covered. There isn't an HMO option, only PPO, which while it's fairly inexpensive, you get nickel and dimed for every appointment / lab work.
    - "Mandatory Fun". Stop calling employees "Tiggers" you have a workforce made up of adults, not eight year olds, it's embarassing.
    - Trying to go the extra mile is discouraged. You're encouraged to stay in your lane, do your work, and not question anything.

Advice to Management

Your HR staff is toxic and is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Upgrade your software to a program made this millennium, it'll improve workflow, make the job easier, and give senior sales associates more time to be proactive rather than reactionary. Stop treating remote offices like their opinions don't matter and that they're afterthoughts.

I can't reiterate this enough, stop calling us "Tiggers".

"No Family Whatsoever"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BDA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Regular scheduled pow-wow's. Updated website. Corporate is located in wine country, which is nice to entertain clients. Moderate pay structure, but unachievable bonus plans. January company-wide meeting, nice to meet co-workers from other offices.

Cons

Sales against OPS, OPS against Sales. Zero comradery when it comes to synergy. Executive team actually likes it this way - fight it out. Extremely poor work ethic. Annual review system is always 4+ months behind schedule. Employees want more than stuffed animals, balloons, and beer on Friday. They are seeking advancements and modern employee perks. Lack of training after hired, no formal plan in place for dept's outside of Sales. 8 hours of meetings daily, start job afterwards. If you are not willing to work 60+ hours a week, it's not for you.

Advice to Management

No confidentiality with HR at all, so what good is it when you need to confide in them and ask for advice? It's difficult for companies to change out their stalemates and accept fresh blood, but HR certainly needs to be looked at. Executive management, start mentoring instead of bullying. Share your experiences and guide, instead of constant criticism. Practice the Roadmap.

6. "GOOD"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I worked at BDA (More than 3 years)

Pros

decent pay and kindly colleagues

Cons

lack of professional training and heavy work

7. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Woodinville, WA

I worked at BDA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full of Opportunity in Certain Departments

Cons

Management struggles to handle the fast growth

8. "Amazing experience with zero growth options."

Former Employee - Retail Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Retail Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at BDA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great clients
    Excellent training when given the opportunity
    Work- life balance
    Office hours
    Learn new technology and business and leadership

Cons

If you are remote from the main office, you don't have any career growth opportunities.
    Mid-level managers tend to micromanage

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees, their growth and happiness and less attention to how much your company is worth. You have loyal, steady employees right in front of you, with absolutely no growth opportunities.

"Project coordinator"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at BDA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None I would say

Cons

Pay is horrible, the company wants attention all the time, it does plan fun activities for its employees but will not let you njoy them by giving you time to be there actually,
     Very mean and cruel people work there
    If you see a job ad from them know it's a trap
    Your life will be a living hell of you go there

"I hope BDA goes under"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Woodinville, WA

I worked at BDA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people on the front lines with me were great. Very talented, smart and great work ethics. Everyone there is miserable - they're overworked and under a ton pressure, which in a weird way got us to bond. Although I hope and wish BDA goes under, the truth is it's a successful company.

Cons

This company is terrible, and it all starts at the top. The Executive team is incredibly erratic and unpredictable: they are too often involved in front line work, when they should be overlooking the departments and figuring out how they can improve the workflow. The body language around the office is everyone looks defeated. No one celebrates their accomplishments, just what's next that needs to be done and how many man hours it will take. Some middle-management are good at what they do, but the majority of what I saw was them sucking up to the client, saying yes to anything the client wants and taking it out on the team members if anything goes wrong. What they don't realize is when they do that, it creates a dis-coordinated front that shows the client uneasiness throughout the process. I should've left months ago.

Advice to Management

I don't want to provide any advice. I hope the company goes under. When you get treated poorly, the last thing anyone wants to do is provide advice on how to help their business.