BHG Financial Reviews

Join the conversation on

Finance

47K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=BHG Financial~484150
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours (work hard) and weekend work (but you are rewarded for it)(in 13 reviews)
  • "They have almost 0 work life balance.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Upper management acts entitled and talk over you mid(in 4 reviews)
  • "Average PTO and Retirement Benefit(in 3 reviews)
  • "They will tell you that you are doing great, but in all actuality they just want to keep working you like a mule and not giving you any commission no matter how much money you fund the company.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BHG Financial and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Best company - believe the reviews!

Mar 7, 2022 - Senior GRC Specialist in Davie, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was an employee with BHG for a good length of time. They put their money where their mouth is when it comes to benefits, recognition, growth, leadership, etc. I cannot thank them enough for all the opportunities I was extended during my tenure and would happily recommend BHG to anyone who is ready work for an amazing company.

Cons

They are growing and want associates that want to grow. This is not a place for someone just looking to get by.

BHG Financial Response

Thanks for taking the time to review us! Here at BHG, we strive to build up every member of the team with the tools and support they need to succeed, and we’re delighted we were able to do just that with you. We’ve seen a lot of growth in our over 20 years of business and we continue to grow and innovate at a rapid pace. This gives every member of the BHG team the opportunities to grow with us and to set the foundation for change that benefits the culture as well as the many products we offer our customers. Of course, we appreciate any feedback as we always encourage a culture of support. With this in mind, we understand that a lot of care and hard work goes into every project and so we do offer generous perks like Wellness Weekends, meditation on Fridays, a recognition and rewards program, in addition to competitive benefits. Thanks again for sharing, we’re happy to have had you on the team.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

May 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture & great people - Great benefits including wellness days - Great leadership & support

Cons

- Rapid changing business environment

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company w/ great benefits

May 9, 2022 - Credit Risk Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, great benefits, strong culture.

Cons

Some may not be able to keep up with fast paced environment.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Learned a lot and made a lot!

May 9, 2022 - Funding Solutions Manager in Davie, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were nice, pay was nice, products were relatively easy to sell.

Cons

Nothing out the ordinary as far as corporations go. I left primarily because almost everyone hated me.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nepotism, Bullying & Severe Lack of Vision

May 12, 2022 - Communications Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the most part, the caliber of people in the marketing department are top-notch, both in talent and personality. Free healthcare, 401k match, and a well executed remote work environment.

Cons

Nepotism, bullying, and complete ineptitude from many senior leaders. First and foremost, there will likely be a boilerplate copy/paste response from BHG to this review. It will come across as defensive, but also mimic the language of nearly every other Glassdoor reply. I sincerely doubt it will address any of these concerns. It will be yet another lifeless, dull, and uninspired response on Glassdoor. This isn't the fault of the reputation management team, they are great, but instead it’s the lack of care by the executives who will just bury this review by asking their employees to create more positive ones. I mainly want to talk about bullying and nepotism - but first let’s talk about overall operational failure. BHG’s CEO loves to say “This isn’t North Korea, if you don’t like it then leave!” But what the CEO doesn’t realize is that people complain because THEY CARE. They simply want more clear direction and communication from leadership. Something that has been severely lacking for years. I gave this company nearly two years of dedication, despite the consistent chaos and abrupt changes - but I ultimately found out that much like North Korea, you can do whatever you want at BHG if you’re related to the dictator. ;) Ultimately, I was removed from my position due to nepotism. This isn’t a claim I make lightly, it’s a reality that even the company admitted to prior to my “role termination”. But more on that soon, because that’s an utterly BIZARRE story that really depicts the absurdity of this company. My department had over 8 structural changes in my first year, and a mass exodus of co-workers. The company launches products or WHOLE NEW COMPANIES- without figuring out tone, messaging, and sometimes - how they even work! While things look pretty (we have a top-notch design team), many employees are ignorant to everything the company even does, and some products and even entire companies go live without being fully functional. While carelessly launching products and companies is one (major) issue, they also carelessly hire new team members. I have had countless co-workers get hired despite having NO idea what their role really entails or how it plays into the larger picture. These people eventually quit or get terminated because the role they were hired for was never clearly defined. In some cases, these employees get moved to new positions that have nothing to do with their skillset or expertise. They eventually leave with their talents and time wasted. While the company has seen rapid growth, the company has also seen tremendous turnover. The company loves to say things like “these are the pains of being a startup” - BHG, you are a TWENTY YEAR OLD company with nearly a BILLION dollars in revenue - YOU ARE NOT A START UP. You’re a grown up now, you’re an adult, act like it. You have massive operational, structural and identity issues. You also had at least 5 offsites to fix these issues, but to my knowledge, nothing tangible ever came from them. Marching orders to marketing are often defined by executives (many of which are related) - so the marketing department is forced to base deliverables not on integrated strategy, but the desires and needs of disconnected executives. Shoutouts are given for working on weekends for a last minute mundane, unnecessary request from executives. This doesn’t deserve a shoutout, it deserves an apology. While there are claims of “cult” like behavior on Glassdoor - I can see where it comes from. On the twentieth anniversary celebration, the whole ceremony wasn’t about congratulating the company on a significant milestone - no - it was a 3 hour event in which EMPLOYEES were thanking the FOUNDERS. The whole time. The entire 3 hours! Sure, they deserve major props, but… the whole ceremony? In over three hours there was not ONE thank you to the employees who helped build BHG over the last two decades. It was just the CEO and founders reminiscing on appropriate and inappropriate memories - and then an employee would come up and thank the founders for creating the company. It was bizarre, and not the only occurrence of this type of dynamic. The PMA motto is also easy to twist. The term was intended for sales - “have a PMA, don’t give up, stay positive!” Though it can also be used inappropriately and has deviated from that meaning. When you’re earnestly complaining about severe issues and lack of structure that make your job difficult - you get chided for not having PMA. It’s a well meaning phrase that’s easy to weaponize. Let’s talk nepotism though. Nepotism is why we’re gathered here today. I lost my job due to nepotism. I cannot go into detail due to Glassdoor community guidelines. However, the long and short, I suddenly had formal complaints filed against me, seemingly out of no where. HR claimed multiple instances of events that simply never took place, nor did HR or anyone have any written or tangible evidence of these events. Not to mention, my history of excellent performance reviews at BHG. Finally, backed into a corner, HR finally admitted they have no evidence, but “someone” simply wants me gone or doesn’t like me. Which, fine - but how dare you try and claim I had two years worth of performance issues? If you’re writing me up because someone important wants me gone, just say that. I gave this company my all and had the results to show it, not to mention the track record of excellent performance reviews. I dislike the term “gaslight” - but to try and tell me I had a history of issues and complaints at BHG when I didn’t? Wow. Especially given how easy it is to disprove that. That’s textbook gaslighting, intimidation and bullying. It was also just unnecessary. They could have opened up by telling me the truth. These meetings with HR were also questionable. I was also told by HR I shouldn’t be speaking to certain executives directly, instead speak to them through my boss. My whole position at BHG revolved around direct discussions with execs and the C-Suite - none of them have ever had issues with how I spoke to them. Telling me I can’t speak to someone directly because of their rank isn’t the “coaching” you think it is - it’s intimidation, and just foolish. I told HR that these lies are obviously “someone” trying to get rid of me. HR ominously said, “..maybe you’re right, things change here all the time.” A week later, I was terminated. Despite an excellent performance review just weeks prior, and having my first direct report hired on under me - I was let go. They say it was a role termination, however, a job opening with a slightly different name was already posted on their careers site. This was all purely nepotism, to promote someone related to C-suite staff. You forced me out of a role. And why? Because you were bored? Entitled? Because you were looking to fill some void? I am not the only person to be negatively impacted by nepotism at this company. You can see it in other reviews. It’s just shocking how someone with a history of excellent performance could be suddenly ousted. To my co-workers still at BHG who are reading this - get out. If a company has “growing pains” consistently for multiple years, when does it cease to become growing pains? And when do you realize it’s poor leadership, sloppy execution, and overall ineptitude? The company’s lack of vision, structure, and self identity leads to a shameful waste of such great talent. If you’re waiting for it to get better - it won’t.

6. 5.0

BHG Culture

Apr 22, 2022 - Portfolio Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hands down one of the best organizations I've ever worked for. The culture here is second to none, employees are given the support they need to succeed and are treated like family. Excellent pay and benefits. Be ready to show up every day and give it 110% and it will pay off.

Cons

None to speak of. I've worked in hospitality, construction, automotive and owned my own business. Now that I've started my career with BHG, I will never look back. I'm here for life.

BHG Financial Response

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, we truly appreciate all the kind words. In our over 20 years of business, we’ve made it a top priority to create a culture that encourages growth and supports ingenuity. With this in mind, we know a lot of hard work and dedication goes into every project, so we’re happy to offer competitive benefits and perks which include 100% covered health insurance for employees and their families, generous PTO, a recognition and rewards program, Wellness Weekends, in addition to so much more. The health and wellness of the team is truly at the forefront of what we do. Thanks again for the wonderful review! We hope you’ll continue to flourish with us.

7. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Apr 18, 2022 - Sr Manager, Analytics in Davie, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good support from leadership and ownership Strong team and collaborative culture Very goals focused with clear objectives Very open to remote work

Cons

Analytics implementation constraints - Operations automation not where it needs to be To many emerging verticals - need to pick 1 and focus

BHG Financial Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us here at BHG. Over the years, we’ve made it our mission to create a culture and environment that’s dedicated to supporting the team all the while encouraging discussion. It’s great to hear you’re recognizing these initiatives, all the while enjoying our shared goals and collaboration. With that said, we certainly appreciate the feedback in terms of analytics and automation. We’ll be sure to pass along your thoughts to the proper members of our team. Of course, we’ve grown at an unprecedented rate with a startup mentality which means we see and embrace change regularly. We understand this can be daunting for some, but this also gives any member of the BHG team the opportunity to lay the foundation that ultimately benefits our culture along with the products we offer our customers. If you’d like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reach out to us at people@bhg-inc.com. Thanks again!

8. 5.0

Great company

Apr 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits, the culture, the networking. Absolutely amazing!

Cons

I don’t believe there are any.

BHG Financial Response

Thank you for the review! It’s wonderful to hear you’re enjoying all we have to offer, including the perks and benefits and the culture we’ve worked hard to build over the years. The health and wellness of the BHG team are truly at the forefront of our minds, as we understand a lot of care and hard work goes into every project. Thanks again!

9. 4.0

Good overall company

Apr 19, 2022 - Director of Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

great leadership, open-door policy with management, free healthcare, wellness days, 6% 401k match, safe work environment and inclusivity

Cons

not really a con, but you do incur challenges faced with a startup, if that's not your preferred work environment you won't thrive like you would in a well established environment

BHG Financial Response

We appreciate you taking the time to review us. We’ve grown at an unprecedented rate and we continue to innovate with that same startup mentality. We often see the team wanting to put in the hours and effort so that they too can lend a hand in innovating the BHG culture and all the great products we offer. We’ve always welcomed and encouraged all feedback, as we strive for a culture of openness and discussion. Of course, we make sure to provide the necessary tools as well as support to ensure the success of the team. We understand a lot of care and hard work goes into every project, so we make it a top priority to offer competitive benefits and perks which include 100% covered health insurance for employees and their families, generous PTO, a recognition and rewards program, Wellness Weekends, in addition to so much more. We hope you continue to enjoy all we have to offer, though feel free to reach out to us at people@bhg-inc.com if you’d like to discuss further.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Truly a Best Place to Work!

Mar 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

BHG offers a ton of opportunity across the board to those who work hard and are passionate about what they do. The ownership and leadership team are accessible and truly care about the employees and their success. It shows through all of the support, benefits, and perks that are provided. They truly "walk to the walk". If you are looking to feel the impact of your work and want to surround yourself with the best of the best, BHG is definitely for you!

Cons

BHG is fast-paced organization and managing change is an important aspect to your success within the organization. If you struggle with change and/or are just looking for a paycheck, this may not be the opportunity for you.

BHG Financial Response

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. Since day one, we’ve been dedicated to building up the team and creating a culture that encourages innovation. We make sure to provide the necessary tools as well as support to ensure success for any and all across the board. Of course, we understand that a lot of care and hard work goes into every project, so we make it a top priority to offer competitive benefits and perks which include 100% covered health insurance for employees and their families, generous PTO, a recognition and rewards program, Wellness Weekends, in addition to so much more. We’re delighted you’re enjoying your time with BHG, and we hope you continue to flourish with us in your career journey.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 320 Reviews

BHG Financial Reviews FAQs

BHG Financial has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 357 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at BHG Financial to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, BHG Financial employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at BHG Financial. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

84% of BHG Financial employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BHG Financial 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at BHG Financial to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, work life balance.

Popular Careers with BHG Financial Job Seekers