Behavior Frontiers Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Behavior Frontiers Founder Helen Mader
Helen Mader

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Behavior Frontiers put our safety first and allowed us to cancel sessions in order to keep our staff and clients safe" (in 11 reviews)

• "All the case managers and supervisors are excellent and super supportive" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard to get full-time status, and when you have it, it’s easy to lose" (in 11 reviews)

• "This place has a high turnover rate so you see people constantly quitting" (in 5 reviews)

1. "My experience here has been wonderful, the support given to all staff is unmatched."

Pros

They take safety incredibly seriously. I live in Michigan where the polar vortex is happening. Behavior Frontiers put our safety first and allowed us to cancel sessions in order to keep our staff and clients safe. It’s amazing not having to worry about balancing my safety and my job. They care about their employees beyond anything else I’ve seen before!

Cons

I can’t think of anything that I don’t love about the company. If there is a policy that needs writing or adjustment, they do it so quickly in order to make things as smooth as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! I love it here.

2. "A redeemer of Texas ABA"

Former Employee - Behavior Instructor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Behavior Instructor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Behavior Frontiers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable, competent, understanding, relatable BCBAs.

Awesome clientele

High standards for parents and for RBTs

Good pay

Wonderful coworkers

Growth opportunities

Cons

The driving distance of clients

Difficult to become full time

Frequent client cancellations can hurt your paycheck

Too many people to communicate to

Advice to Management

None, they rock.
    If they had a center it would be top quality.

3. "Generally good but some major issues that can't be overlooked"

Former Employee - Behavior Instructor
    Former Employee - Behavior Instructor

I worked at Behavior Frontiers part-time

Pros

- They provided thorough (and paid) training which was amazing and prepared me for solo work with clients
    - They had a lot of nice perks like an employee incentive program and company socials
    - The supervisors were generally supportive and available to answer questions/concerns
    - There were incredible opportunities for advancement if you were interested in pursuing a life-long career in ABA (ex: discounts on graduate programs)
    - Of course the kids were great :)

Cons

The biggest downside was the hours. I feel like I wasn't given an accurate representation of the schedule and hours I should expect upon hire. I went in hoping to make a livable wage but even with a second job, I couldn't afford my bills. Even if I had been able to achieve "full-time" hours, they consider 30 hours full-time which is crazy considering most companies consider 40 hours full-time. And while the hourly rate for direct behavior therapy was competitive, that was only a fraction of my working hours as I had to spend hours and hours in the car every week. Drive time was paid at a different rate (minimum wage) so between that and the inconsistency of hours, it was just not worth it. For example, if one of your clients was gone all week, it was rare to get those hours made up and if they were, it was in the office which again is paid at a much lower hourly rate. All in all, if this is a supplementary income for you, great, this job will work well for you and I think you will enjoy the company but if you plan on making this your primary source of income, its almost impossible to get by. I was a newbie to the industry so maybe this is the nature of private, in-home ABA...but I just wish they would have given me a more realistic picture of the work before offering me a position.

4. "Sr. Behavior Instructor"

I have been working at Behavior Frontiers part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, time off is almost always granted

Cons

different salaries for therapy, drive time and admin work

5. "Good company to work for."

I worked at Behavior Frontiers part-time

Pros

I had great coworkers, and I was well supported by my supervisors. The training was effective, I had great experiences with my clients; and the company socials were a great way to keep in touch with your colleagues.

Cons

If you work part time as a behavior instructor, the nature of the industry means that your hours can fluctuate from week to week. Not much the company can do about this, just something to be aware of.

6. "I found the right place to practice ABA"

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Behavior Frontiers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Salary!
    * Great support from my Assistant Clinical Director.
    * Supervisors and Case Managers all support each other and work as a team.
    * Company values your hard work and dedication.
    * Organized company. (Billing, intake, scheduling all have their own departments)
    * Follow ethical guidelines and conduct quality ABA.
    * On-going trainings for managers and BCBAs.
    * Provide CEU's!
    * Company has very clear expectations and policies.
    * Incentives! (gift cards, socials, etc.)

Cons

* Sometimes, things get very hectic with reports, administrative work and caseload duties all at once... leading to bringing work home and working very late nights.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a great job at keeping their employees motivated and happy in their work environment.

Behavior Frontiers Response

Aug 24, 2018 – Owner

Thank you so much for providing your feedback! We are happy to have you as part of the Behavior Frontiers' team!

"Senior Behavior Instructor"

I have been working at Behavior Frontiers part-time

Pros

Kiddos are sweet and fun, case managers are easy to talk to,

Cons

Full time is impossible and you will have to constantly ask for more hours, a lot of driving only to work two hours in a day. Scheduling is difficult to deal with, a ton of cancellations and scheduling does nothing to replace or make up lost hours.

Advice to Management

Need more hours and consistent schedule

8. "Behavior interventionist"

I worked at Behavior Frontiers part-time

Pros

Great learning experience out in the field

Cons

Experienced or not they low ball so ask for a deserving rate

9. "Senior Behavior Instructor"

I have been working at Behavior Frontiers full-time

Pros

Competitive Pay and PTO Benefits

Cons

Inconsistent hours, not enough support

Advice to Management

Provide more support

"Behavior Tech"

Pros

Good incentives, friendly work environment, love working with kids

Cons

No enough hours, hard to get more clients, waiting on upper management for more jobs

Advice to Management

this is part of the job, but cancellations are hard on someone working so little hours for not that much pay... Should have some kind of monetary fix for no shows or cancellations

Behavior Frontiers Response

Jul 30, 2018 – Marketing Director

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and thank you also for your constructive input! We appreciate you taking the time to provide us this great information!